What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Lurker (Wicked Dead #1)
This topic is about Lurker
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA Horror/Thriller where the a girl meets someone online who turns out..... Possible Spoiler Alert! SOLVED! [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashe (new)

Ashe | 3 comments I read it before 2010, and all I really remember was that it was in the teen/young adult section at the public library and it was about a girl receiving an online message from someone who she begins talking with on a regular basis. He sends her a picture of himself that ages/changes, revealing that he’s a murder before she’s kidnapped/murdered through her computer…

The book starts off with 3 people getting together for a scary story. Before he started messaging her, another girl from the same school was killed, her body found in the woods behind the school or something but IM status showed as online the night after her body was found, which drew the main character’s attention, which puts her in contact with a guy she's never met. She continues talking to the guy for sometime, even receives a picture of him, that changes over time (more shadows to his face and ages), until he starts sending disturbing messages and admitting he killed the first girl. She goes to the police, who investigate the messages and they notice that the picture he sent has aged. She get's locked inside her room and she hears a voice telling her that she should've deleted the picture if she wanted to live (or something like that) She’s kidnapped through the computer (I think) & then murdered, when police barge into her room to save her, the picture that he sent changes to a picture of the woods where the 1st body was found.

Also, the main character had a friend who was carrying a pistol in her purse, given to her by her one of her parents (I think it was the Dad) because of how gruesome the first murder was.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35772 comments Mod
Ashe, what do you mean by "kidnapped through the computer"? Did she receive a message that lured her to a location where she was kidnapped - or did something paranormal take place?

message 3: by Ashe (new)

Ashe | 3 comments Supernatural-ish. She vanishes from her bedroom, the police coming through the only real point of entrance/exit

message 4: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
Possibly Lurker?

message 5: by Ashe (new)

Ashe | 3 comments Yes! That's it! Thank you so much! :)

message 6: by Andria (new)

Andria (airdna) | 2502 comments Mod
You're welcome! Glad I could help. I'll move this to solved for you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Lurker (other topics)