Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense discussion

Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1)
This topic is about Raven Black
Archives > April 2018-First Thoughts-**No Spoilers**-Raven Black

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Phrynne | 3654 comments Mod
First thoughts on Raven Black (Shetland Island, #1) by Ann Cleeves Raven Black by Ann Cleeves

message 2: by Carolyn (last edited Mar 30, 2018 02:51PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Carolyn | 1388 comments I loved this book, especially the dark brooding atmosphere of the windswept Shetland Islands. If I get time, I'll read the second in the series, White Nights.

message 3: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Brenda | 9440 comments Mod
I have to reserve this one from the library - will do it now! Looking forward to it actually :)

message 4: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

I am up to number 4 in this series. It is really good!

message 5: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh that's really good to know Phrynne! Like I need another series to read as well but never mind ;)

Kylie H | 835 comments I won't write too much now as I have already read this one, other than to say if you have seen the series 'Shetland', it is quite different and the characters altered. So at first I was frustrated and confused, but then let go of all thoughts of the series and just enjoyed the book for what it was. Really enjoyed it!!

message 7: by Phrynne, Mystery lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Very true Kylie. Though they did still call the main character Jimmy Perez there wasn't much else in common. But I still enjoyed both the TV series and the books:)

Kylie H | 835 comments Phrynne wrote: "Very true Kylie. Though they did still call the main character Jimmy Perez there wasn't much else in common. But I still enjoyed both the TV series and the books:)"

I agree Phrynne, I enjoyed the series too. Glad I saw it before I read the book, or I would have been horrified. It is a long way removed from the novel.

message 9: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Finally picked this one up from the library today - won't be long until I start!

message 10: by Kadi (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kadi (kads) | 67 comments I'm a bit behind and have started it. so far its good

message 11: by Brenda, Suspense lover! (new) - rated it 4 stars

Happy reading Kadi 😊

Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Raven Black (other topics)
White Nights (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Ann Cleeves (other topics)