Aussie Readers discussion

The Tea Gardens
This topic is about The Tea Gardens
Archives > April 2018-First Thoughts-**No Spoilers**-The Tea Gardens

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Phrynne, Series Queen! (new)

Phrynne | 11673 comments Mod
First thoughts on The Tea Gardens by Fiona McIntosh The Tea Gardens by Fiona McIntosh

message 2: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Brenda | 70495 comments Mod
Thoroughly enjoyed this one!

Andrea | 1680 comments Brenda wrote: "Thoroughly enjoyed this one!"

I’m really looking forward to this. It ticks all my boxes, so I’m not sure why I haven’t read it already.

message 4: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

It's fairly new Andrea, that's probably why :)

message 5: by Ace (new) - rated it 3 stars

Ace (aceonroam) I enjoyed this one too!

Andrea | 1680 comments I started reading this last night. For the first couple of chapters I felt a bit uncomfortable with the first person POV, feeling that it tended to give the writing a deliberate but sort of breathless quality, but now I’ve settled into it and am loving it.

Anyone else reading yet?

Jenny (diggensjenny) | 725 comments I have started to read this book today!

message 8: by Brenda, Aussie Authors Queen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Happy reading you two! Such an enjoyable read (to me!)

Genevieve | 108 comments I’m reading this too and I’m really enjoying it. I wasn’t sure I would when I read the prologue. The style made me wonder whether the book would suit my tastes but I’ve had no doubts since.

message 10: by Mish (new)

Mish | 3495 comments Andrea wrote: "I started reading this last night. For the first couple of chapters I felt a bit uncomfortable with the first person POV, feeling that it tended to give the writing a deliberate but sort of breathl..."

Will try. The library audiobook is currently out. I placed a reserve so hopefully it'll come in on time.

message 11: by Bec (new) - added it

Bec | 10 comments I received this book as a gift and hadn’t read any of her other books or much else in this genre but I found it enjoyable even though it took a little time to get into.

Anyone who wants to read another of her books The last dance is currently 99c on the kindle and IBooks stores.