What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Book Series: each girl had their own book. The girls had super Powers. I can't remember if witches or why they had powers.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 2 comments Im trying to think of a book series that I read in middle school about 2009. I don't have too much information. I just remember it was a series and it was like of fantasy / paranormal. It was a groups of girls I believe and they had magical powers. The book covers of each book were usually really shiny and had the face of the girl who was telling that books story. One that I remember was a darkish shy photo of the girl

message 2: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
Twist, I don't think that Stephanie would have been reading Witchling in middle school, since that's more than a tad racy. While I let my daughter read pretty much what she wanted in middle school, I'd have taken that away from her if I'd seen her with it.

Stephanie--where did you find the books--school library, you snuck them out of your Mum's room, you bought them from a bookshop/chemist/large box store? What format did you read them in? Do you remember when they were set--modern day, historical, futuristic? What about where they were set--village, town, city, big city, megalopolis?

message 3: by Lou (new)

Lou Rocama | 436 comments Maybe Daughters of the Moon?
Goddess of the Night
Goddess of the Night (Daughters of the Moon, #1) by Lynne Ewing

Night World?
Night World, No. 1 (Night World, #1-3) by L.J. Smith

Secret Circle
The Initiation (The Secret Circle, #1) by L.J. Smith

Everworld
Search for Senna (Everworld, #1) by Katherine Applegate Realm of the Reaper (Everworld, #4) by Katherine Applegate

Forbidden Game
The Forbidden Game (The Forbidden Game, #1-3) by L.J. Smith

Wicked
Witch (Wicked, #1) by Nancy Holder

I never read any of these, but I remember seeing most of them as a teenager. Granted that was not in 2009, but I'm sure they were still everywhere. A lot were reprinted too.

message 5: by Selena (new)

Selena  Lundy (selenalundy) | 1 comments I instantly thought about Daughters of the Moon. There were several books and each was in the POV of someone different.

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Daughters of the Moon series by Lynne Ewing - Selena's suggestion

message 7: by Elfkin477 (new)

Elfkin477 | 9 comments I'd guess it's something by Kelley Armstrong, who did a couple of YA series about witches, werewolves, etc. The Darkest Powers, beginning with The Summoning, and... Darkness Rising, beginning with The Gathering. I've only read one of these books, so I'm not sure if they're connected. The Summoning was published in 2008, ftr.

message 8: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35167 comments Mod
Author Kelley Armstrong - suggested by Elfkin477

message 9: by Megan (new)

Megan | 7 comments Shot in the dark, but the Avalon series by Rachel Roberts had very shiny, psychedelic covers, each featuring the girl(s) they were about. The covers were recently re-released, but I've linked the ones I'm thinking of. These are also middle-grade, potentially books you would have read as a middle-schooler.

Circles in the Stream by Rachel Roberts
Cry of the Wolf (Avalon Web of Magic, #3) by Rachel Roberts
All's Fairy in Love and War (Avalon Web of Magic, #8) by Rachel Roberts

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Stephanie, are you still looking for this or did you find it?