2-3-4 Challenge discussion

The Assassin's Blade (Throne of Glass, #0.1-0.5)
This topic is about The Assassin's Blade
Archives - Group Reads > The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass #.1 - .5) - April 2018

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Mar 30, 2018 10:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 10631 comments Mod
Contains all five novellas.

Celaena Sardothien is Adarlan's most feared assassin. As part of the Assassin's Guild, her allegiance is to her master, Arobynn Hamel, yet Celaena listens to no one and trusts only her fellow killer-for-hire, Sam. In these action-packed novellas - together in one edition for the first time - Celaena embarks on five daring missions. They take her from remote islands to hostile deserts, where she fights to liberate slaves and seeks to avenge the tyrannous. But she is acting against Arobynn's orders and could suffer an unimaginable punishment for such treachery. Will Celaena ever be truly free? Explore the dark underworld of this kick-ass heroine to find out.

Book Discussion

message 2: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments I'm getting this from the Young Adult Fiction part of our library system, in book form, since I still haven't found my Kindle! Glad it's available in paperback.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4125 comments Mod
I've started and read the first of the 5 stories. My initial thoughts:

I'm having some issues with Celaena's character - (view spoiler)

Sam - (view spoiler)

Rolfe - (view spoiler)

Arobynn - (view spoiler)

Many thanks to Lauren for posting the discussion questions for the first novella (posted now)!

message 5: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments I'm reading MY NAME IS MARY SUTTER right now, and will get to this set of novellas next, if we have discussions already posted.

Yikes! So many books, so difficult to decide what order to read them in!

The discussion questions are up - Here is the link to the folder
I highly recommend that they be answered following each installment rather than waiting until the end of the book. It will make for a more interesting discussion this way.

Thanks SO much, Lauren.

Lieke | 1069 comments I’m starting Monday 😊

Allison (rainy-day-reads) I finished this! I really liked it, and can't wait to dig into the main series.

I’ll be honest Allison, I was surprised at how much I loved it.

Allison (rainy-day-reads) I'm so glad you liked it! Isn't this your first foray into Fantasy?

message 12: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 601 comments I'm sorry; I decided this was not for me.

I'll keep up with books the group chooses where I can, though!

Allison wrote: "I'm so glad you liked it! Isn't this your first foray into Fantasy?"

No, but I don’t read a lot of the genre.

Charlene wrote: "I'm sorry; I decided this was not for me.

I'll keep up with books the group chooses where I can, though!"

No worries!

Charlene wrote: "I'm sorry; I decided this was not for me.

I'll keep up with books the group chooses where I can, though!"

Sorry you didn't enjoy it, Charlene.
Hopefully, the other group read choices will work out better :)