The Challenge Factory discussion

The Next Best Thing
This topic is about The Next Best Thing
2018 ♦Archives Buddy Read ♦ > Krissy & Elena - The Next Best Thing

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise, Manufacturing Director (new)

Denise (destiny_chan) | 5590 comments Mod
Krissy & Elena - The Next Best Thing

Elena | 1382 comments Here! Ready anytime!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3136 comments Starting today works for me :)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3136 comments This sucks because I didn't realize the audiobook I borrowed on Hoopla was the abridged copy! I hate abridged copies. But I can't find the unabridged so I'm stuck listening to it.

Stopping for the night where her and her grandmother just moved so she could try and start her writing career

Elena | 1382 comments Ughhh i hate abridged books. Mine is about 12 hrs i think, I don’t have it on me now. How short is the abridged?

Elena | 1382 comments Im gonna let you read a bit more - im at the part where she is heartbroken that Rob is getting married since they apparently had a thing(but realistically I don’t remember them having an affair anywhere - it’s like im missing a part of the book?!? Or it was just implied ?!? All i read was that she was into him and he just treated her as a “confidant” and friend)

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3136 comments Mine is only 6 hours so you have twice the story I have!

Elena | 1382 comments Oohh i see , lol ! That’s quite a chop! Hate that!
But realistically, im not too thrilled with the story anyway .... how far are you now ?

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3136 comments The whole Rob thing was embarrassing. Since I am getting a more summed up version it was a little clearer what happened. I didn't get any scenes of shared confidences or even full conversations at all. This is basically what my version was:

They got to co-write an episode together. They spend a lot of time together while they write it. He's nice and friendly and she's convinced she's in love with him after 10 days. She tries to kiss him and he stops her and pushes her away. Instead of taking the hint she confesses her love then drops to her knees and blows him. She doesn't see him again then finds out a few days later the actress she hates is pregnant with Rob's baby and everybody at work knows about her feelings for Rob

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3136 comments I'm now to the scene where she is auditioning actors for her pilot

Elena | 1382 comments Hahhahaha omg yes!!! That’s HIM she blows!! in my (boring and long ) version i think i confused Rob with her boyfriend-whatshisname-who also dumped her.
Yea - in the long version, they work together, talk, get friendly, she comes onto him, he rejects her... i listened late at night and possibly (probably!) zoned out during the BJ scene , because i totally forgot that was Rob!
Yeah ok - so that was basically it.

She lost her shit because he was marrying the actress, while he never even wanted Ruth to begin with... From what i read, he was friendly and maybe flirty but not much more. Yeah i guess he let her blow him, but ..... And then she resigns???????? Embarrassing.... and stupid!

Elena | 1382 comments The whole pilot thing got me so mad!!! From the actor selection, to the acting , to the “focus group” rating.... ughhhh! Everything is out of her control! While i’d personally just be happy to be paid, i can imagine how frustrating it must be for someone who actually cares about the project and the fact that they are changing her whole thing!!!

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3136 comments Finished! I was pissed off right along with her when they changed her entire show. She took it way better than I would have. I'm happy that version got cancelled. I was glad she was able to get her own vision for the show out to an audience.

Elena | 1382 comments Yes! It was annoying how her show was completely changed... when it was cancelled, i felt bad for her but still had a “ha-ha suckers!” moment . It was cool how she filmed her true version for YouTube , lol! Ans then someone ended up wanting it again - I wonder how that would turn out.

I thought the part about his girlfriend NOT really being his girlfriend petty dumb (and how convenient!!! She is actually gay and he is her cover ! Ooookkkk , what century is this?!)

Overall ok book, but kinda useless...

Krissy (krissystewart) | 3136 comments Oh, yea. I forgot about the fake girlfriend thing. My version barely mentioned it. I wonder why he even agreed to it. What was in it for him? Nothing was really explained in my crappy abridged edition