Audiobooks discussion

Archives > Numerous Title/Genres ISO Reviews

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments I'm a fledgling audiobook narrator/producer with 9 titles to my credit (so far) in genres ranging from sci-fantasy/horror to YA Romance.

All titles (along with descriptions and audio samples) can be found on my web site z-Diet Productions.

I invite you to review these titles and if any of them tickle your fancy, please send me a message and I'll happily give you a free download code! Naturally, all I ask in return for it is an honest review.

Thanks so much! I look forward to hearing from you soon!

message 2: by Erica (new)

Erica (RicoRedd) | 86 comments My Stupid Girl has great reviews on Amazon. I would appreciate a code and will definitely leave a review on Audible.

message 3: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (Kelnyg) | 15 comments I have heard great things about your work, as soon as I've cleared some of the backlog I have, I'll definitely have a listen. I don't want to ask for a code and then it be a couple of weeks before I can get to it.

message 4: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Thanks, Kelly! I look forward to hearing from you when you're ready. Please feel free to send me a message when you're ready!

message 5: by Kelly (new)

Kelly (Kelnyg) | 15 comments I will do, thank you.

message 6: by Jack (new)

Jack Dermody (jack_dermody) | 10 comments Who wants to listen to Job Interviewers:Get Inside Their Heads? I have a handful of free codes to give to people who will listen to the whole thing and provide a review at Audible.com. First come, first served. Contact me at dermody1@cox.net. Thank YOU!

message 7: by N (new)

N | 7 comments I would appreciate a code for my stupid girl also, and will definitely leave a review on Audible. Thanks!

message 8: by Jack (new)

Jack Dermody (jack_dermody) | 10 comments Dear N,
It's a longish set of instructions to do the review, and the access code is private -- only for you, N. So kindly send me an email at dermody1@cox.net. Thanks.

message 9: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Jack - if you'd like people to review your book, I'd recommend setting up your own thread in the audiobook group here on Goodreads. Please don't hijack other people's (aka mine) review thread. I believe N's asking to review a copy of "My Stupid Girl," not your book. Thanks!

message 10: by Jack (new)

Jack Dermody (jack_dermody) | 10 comments David. Hijacking? That sounds evil. Not my intent. I am new to Goodreads and to Audiobooks there. I will look to start a thread, though this site is not as user-friendly as I'd like. Thanks for the update.

message 11: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments I was hoping that was what it was. Welcome to the group! Good luck with getting some people to review your book!

message 12: by Jack (new)

Jack Dermody (jack_dermody) | 10 comments I started the thread and am excited. I am grateful for your help.

message 13: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments I still have lots of codes available! I didn't have them for the longest time and now have a glut of them to give away for reviews! I'll post more as newer titles become available. In the meantime, though, if ya want `em, talk to me! ;)

message 14: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Just became an Audible-approved narrator/producer today! So, I ain't givin' away no junk here! ;) Many free codes available! Just let the world know what you think of them!

message 15: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments I love reading glowing reviews (of course; who doesn't?) But even critcisms help me become a better narrator/producer - and I want to hear them all: the good, the bad, and the fugly! Still may codes available. All I need is your email address and the title you want to review!

message 16: by Audiothing (new)

Audiothing | 210 comments Thank you for the codes, I was fully expecting to be unable to access them from Australia ...... But I can!!!
So happy, made my day

message 17: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Wow. Australia! That's what I love about this: You can reach readers/listeners from all over the world! Thanks, Bec! Hope you enjoy the books!

message 18: by Jack (new)

Jack Dermody (jack_dermody) | 10 comments From the way you promoted and set up your codes, I have learned how to do so for my next book. Thanks, David.

message 19: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments You're welcome, Jack! I know we got off on the wrong foot, but I'm glad you're finding listeners for your book. There are a few other groups here on Goodreads that you should try out, too. Find the Audiobook Reviewer profile here and sign up for the same groups he's on!

message 20: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Still have a lot of codes available! LMK if you'd like to join the happy few who've reviewed any of these titles!

message 21: by Frances (new)

Frances (shibagirl) | 150 comments Bec wrote: "Thank you for the codes, I was fully expecting to be unable to access them from Australia ...... But I can!!!
So happy, made my day"

Thanks Bec for posting this, I had given up taking part in any of these deals as normally they are not available to people outside the US . i live in Denmark and am now the proud owner of 5 new audio books , wow that's so amazing , I just named the ones on the list that sounded interesting to me and david gave me all of them , thanks so much.
I look forward to starting them as soon as as I have finished the book I'm currently listening to.

message 22: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments That's the beauty of the internet, isn't it? Your market isn't limited by borders anymore. People from all around the world can listen to your material and discover something they never knew before. I love technology and the age we're living in for that!

message 23: by Frances (new)

Frances (shibagirl) | 150 comments that's the way it should be David , but us europeans (and obviously Australians) have often stumbled upon audiobooks that we would love to download, only to find that due to some publishing rights it's not available to our country. sometimes even the odd one in the middle of a series isn't available even though the rest are ....drives us round the bend !!! sorry !
rant over

message 24: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Many have already taken advantage of me... uh, I mean, I've given away a lot of codes already in exchange for reviews and still have more at my disposal! Just send me your email address and I'll gift you some Audible codes! (See titles in the original post!)

message 25: by Kimberly (last edited Sep 20, 2014 12:35PM) (new)

Kimberly (mountainclimber) | 47 comments Hey David... I'm interested in giving Half-Skin a go!
OLongbourn@aol.com

message 26: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Thanks, Kimberly! I'll gift you a copy today!

message 27: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Boyles (cwf1965) | 162 comments I just wanted to let you know that I listened to Words with my Father and I really enjoyed it. It was a nice short listen with a good story and characters. I was given the book to review by another entity and I am reviewing it for her magazine but wanted to drop a note to say I thought your narration was very good.

message 28: by David (last edited Sep 24, 2014 01:17PM) (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Are you reviewing it for "Audiobook Monthly?" If so, then the code came from me! I'm glad you enjoyed the audiobook and look forward to reading your review! You also got "My Stupid Girl" a while back, right?

message 29: by Stacy (new)

Stacy Boyles (cwf1965) | 162 comments Yes, that is me. Susan O'Keefe is the person that gave me the codes for some of your books. I started Halfskin this morning and will have both reviews in to her by 9-30. I got The Peacekeeper also from someone and could not get into it. I might try it again later. Seemed a little juvenile for me. I plan to read My Stupid Girlin October. it is the one I want to read the most but I try to listen to them in order.

message 30: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments The Peacekeeper IS aimed at a younger audience, I believe. So, I can understand why it might be a little hard for an adult to get into. Both Halfskin and My Stupid Girl are actually my favorites that I've done thus far. I think you'll really enjoy them (at least, I hope you do)! Thanks again for listening to/reviewing them!

message 31: by Frances (new)

Frances (shibagirl) | 150 comments may I recomend My Stupid Girl
i really loved it its a Y/A book but I'm over 50 and stil enjoyed it , so if you like that kind of thing- give it a go . David's narration of this one is really spot on !!

message 32: by Deedra (new)

Deedra | 172 comments I read all types of books.I would like codes for 'Revenge of the Simians',My Stupid Girl,Halfskin,Words with my father and The Peacekeeper if they are available.
deediddle@yahoo.com

message 33: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments I'll gift you some codes tomorrow!

message 34: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments I didn't forget about you, Deedra! I'm just having some problems with Audible on my one computer. I'll try it on another one tonight and get you your codes!

message 35: by Deedra (new)

Deedra | 172 comments Hi David!Thank you for the codes.I only got 4 of the 5.I am missing 'My Stupid Girl'.

message 36: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments It should show up later. I've only received confirmation emails on four books, myself!

message 37: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments It should show up later. I've only received confirmation emails on four books, myself!

message 38: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments You should have received it by now, Deedra. I have confirmation that it was sent to you. Check your email and if you still haven't gotten it, let me know!

message 39: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Three of my audiobooks (along with profiles of me and my production company) are featured in this month's edition of Audiobook Monthly! Please check it out! http://www.audiobookmonthly.com

message 40: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Stil have lots of codes available for my titles. If you'd like to review any (or all) of them, just PM me your email address and I'll gift you copies! Thanks to everyone who's reviewed them so far!

message 41: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments I still have a few codes left for all my titles. Send me your email address if you'd like to read any of them!

message 42: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments David wrote: "I still have a few codes left for all my titles. Send me your email address if you'd like to read any of them!"

Many codes still available! Just hit me up if you want one!

message 43: by Pamela (new)

Pamela | 17 comments Thanks David! Just got my codes and will listen right away. :-)

message 44: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments David, I would love to listen to your books. You can send me the codes at jeffrey.barron.owens@gmail.com.

Thanks!

message 45: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Jeffrey wrote: "David, I would love to listen to your books. You can send me the codes at jeffrey.barron.owens@gmail.com.

Thanks!"

Will do. Which titles would you like? (Or do you just want all of them?)

message 46: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments Just send me the ones you like best. I am more than happy to post reviews of whatever you send.

message 47: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Just send me the ones you like best. I am more than happy to post reviews of whatever you send."

Hmmm... that's like asking which one of my kids I like best! I love them all for different reasons. However, I'll stick with the ones that seem to appeal most to listeners (judging by sales and critical performance).

message 48: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments HaHa!!! I guess that't true! Didn't think about that . I got all three of the ones you sent me and I am presently listening to Halfskin. I am really enjoying it. Excellent narration thus far!

Thank you for sending them to me!

message 49: by David (new)

David Dietz | 149 comments Jeffrey wrote: "HaHa!!! I guess that't true! Didn't think about that . I got all three of the ones you sent me and I am presently listening to Halfskin. I am really enjoying it. Excellent narration thus far!

Than..."

You're welcome. Let me know if you'd like to hear any others once you're done with them!