What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Sci-fi/Fantasy twin book; women mostly had twins who were clones of their mother. The heroine is one of the exceptions and is forced to leave her family

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Palmer | 14 comments From what I remember the premise was that women mostly had twins who were clones of their mother. The heroine is one of the exceptions and is forced to leave her family to start a new ‘house’ specializing in a profession. I remember that at one point she’s separated from her twin, only to meet her at the end but that’s it. TIA

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments This is David Brin's "Glory Season" I suspect Glory Season

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Palmer | 14 comments I suspect you’re right. I’ll give it a try and let you know?

message 4: by Kris (last edited Mar 30, 2018 02:29PM) (new)

Kris | 35106 comments Mod
Here's the Google Books preview of Glory Season by David Brin - Andy's suggestion - https://books.google.com/books?id=uni... (There are different cover images.)

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2095 comments Caroline wrote: "I suspect you’re right. I’ll give it a try and let you know?"

Yes, please let us know. Hope it's the right one.

message 6: by Caroline (new)

Caroline Palmer | 14 comments I just finished Glory Season, and while it is close, I kept remembering scenes that weren’t in Glory Season, like one of the twins trying to kill the other and the main character speculating about niches, but since it’s been 20 years since I read the book I remember so I maybe getting things mixed up.
Any other similar books anyone knows about?

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39249 comments Mod
Bumping since Caroline posted recently.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Glory Season (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

David Brin (other topics)