The Black Library discussion

Black Library > The Purge (Horus Heresy novella)

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris Quinn | 20 comments So it looks like there's a new limited edition novella. I had thought this would be dealing with the purging of the loyalists from the Word Bearers, but it looks like this is actually in the "current" Horus Heresy timeline. It will be interesting to see what Anthony Reynolds brings to the table.

They've knocked the numbers down again from Ravenlord, I guess they're still trying to judge the amount of people who will pay for the limited editions rather than waiting the year.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

message 2: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments Chris wrote: "So it looks like there's a new limited edition novella. I had thought this would be dealing with the purging of the loyalists from the Word Bearers, but it looks like this is actually in the "curre..."

Ordered mine along with 8 or 9 other things this afternoon. It looks like a beauty!

message 3: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments Chris wrote: "So it looks like there's a new limited edition novella. I had thought this would be dealing with the purging of the loyalists from the Word Bearers, but it looks like this is actually in the "curre..."

Also added the book to the whole 40K series.

message 4: by Garry (new)

Garry | 36 comments Anthony Reynolds has been good so far with his contributions to the Horus Heresy, even made me want to read his story "Flesh of Cretacia".

I liked the free extract, I too thought by the title (and fan speculation) that it would have been a historical purge rather than a contemporary story. Anyway who cares, I bet it will be a great read.

I'm not buying this novella until it's on general release, busy saving for Rob Sanders forthcoming HH novella "Cybernetica". Finally a return to Mars!

message 5: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments Andy Smillie wrote Flesh of Cretacia, not Anthony Reynolds there Garry.
And I am looking forward to Cybernetica, if it ever comes out lol
I'll get that LE too lol
And as much as I agree, that the novella will be great. Mr. Reynolds only has 2 HH releases to date. Dark Heart from the Mark of Calth Anthology, which was amazing.
And Kharn: The Eightfold Path micro audio drama, which I haven't listened to yet lol

message 6: by Garry (new)

Garry | 36 comments Thanks for the correction there Dylan. Anthony Reynolds also wrote Scions of the Storm which is in the Tales of Heresy anthology book.

Kharn: The Eightfold Path audio is something I would highly recommend. Only about 10mins long but enjoyable.

message 7: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments I am getting caught up on the HH and reading in a pretty strict order of publication, so I should be there soon :p

message 8: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments Man, I am just now reading Vulkan Lives :p
Though I have everything except the audios :p

message 9: by Dylan (new)

Dylan Murphy | 104 comments I've already got mine signed at the HH weekender in May.
Eh, I mean, I keep up with them for the most part, just that they produce more in the average month than I have time to read sometiems lol.
I have read almost the entire HH series this year, and hope to be done by the end of september, so that I can start reading other stuff again :p

Annandale is great. I have his LE Mephiston novella, and it was a treat to read. I haven't read any of his Yarrick stuff yet though.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris Quinn | 20 comments Chains of Golgotha is one of my favourite 40k books, really well done. He had a really good space marine short story as well.