Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and Readers discussion

Vivienne: The Lost and Found (Part 1)
This topic is about Vivienne
Author Chat! > First Review

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

S.M. Bowles (smbowles) | 43 comments Weeks...I have been waiting for weeks! I gave away as gifts copies of my latest book, did a free promotion, etc., and it all seemed for naught! But I have finally gotten my first review.

I know we all go through that nail-biting period after we publish a book and maybe even get ourselves to the point where we believe that our work must have been crap because no one has anything to say about it.

It's so vindicating to get a review (especially a good one) after so many months of hard work. And this is the point I want to make as an author - please, please, please, it only takes a few moments and those moments can really make a difference to a struggling or independent author - consider writing a review, they really do mean a lot!

message 2: by Jim (new)

Jim Vuksic S.M. wrote: "Weeks...I have been waiting for weeks! I gave away as gifts copies of my latest book, did a free promotion, etc., and it all seemed for naught! But I have finally gotten my first review.

I kno..."

S.M.

Patience is a virtue that is often extolled, yet seldom practiced.

The reviews for your book will eventually come - good, bad, and/or indifferent. Just remember that they will not necessarily appear in this particular website. There are other websites and literary forums, including informal reviews posted in public libraries and brick and mortar book stores.

You might consider commissioning or creating a website dedicated exlusively to promoting your book and yourself. Be sure to include a communication page; keeping in mind that, though not all readers care to rate or review the books they read, they may be more than willing to express their opinion via direct communication with the author.

message 3: by L.G. (new)

L.G. Estrella | 23 comments S.M. wrote: "Weeks...I have been waiting for weeks! I gave away as gifts copies of my latest book, did a free promotion, etc., and it all seemed for naught! But I have finally gotten my first review.

I kno..."

Congrats! Waiting can be the hardest part. But just stick with it. The reviews will come.

message 4: by Adam (new)

Adam Bolander | 34 comments Let me tell you, that feeling never goes away. I've been published for just over four years now, and I still do a happy little dance when I find a new review waiting for me ;)

message 5: by Tiger (new)

Tiger Gray (tiger_gray) | 13 comments Yay! That's always an exciting (if terrifying) moment.

message 6: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda  (manka23) | 14 comments S.M. Is your book available to R4R anywhere? I read the synopsis and I thought it was interesting, but I didn't see it in any R4R programs. If you try and get it on a list you will get a lot more reviews that way. Almost every Goodreads group I'm in has a read for review program.

BUT THE POINT IS, I was wondering where I could get your book.

S.M. Bowles (smbowles) | 43 comments Amanda wrote: "S.M. Is your book available to R4R anywhere? I read the synopsis and I thought it was interesting, but I didn't see it in any R4R programs. If you try and get it on a list you will get a lot more r..."

I can loan you a copy through Amazon if that works for you. Send an e-mail to: smbowles.vivienne@gmail.com and I'll get one out to you. I really appreciate the offer!

message 8: by Arie (new)

Arie Farnam (ArieFarnam) | 56 comments I hear ya. I'm now in the waiting for a first review part. Oh dear. :P My kids keep me pretty busy, so hopefully I'll survive but we'll see how many new gray hairs I have before it happens. :D

Indie Authors Monthly Magazine For Authors and...

unread topics | mark unread