Ask Jon Wallace discussion

Conventions

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sci-Fi Lover (new)

Sci-Fi Lover | 8 comments I see you're attending a few sci-fi conventions next month... is there anything you're particularly looking forward to?

message 2: by Jon (new)

Jon Wallace (jon__wallace) | 20 comments Mod
Oh yeah! I think the thing I'm most looking forward to is mooching about and soaking up the atmosphere - I have not attended many conventions, and sadly I didn't have the time to explore as much as I wanted to at the London Film and Comic Con, so for August I've taken a few days off work and plan to have a proper experience.

Brilliantly I've also got some panels lined up for Worldcon, which is a real thrill - both are on Sunday: one about scifi comics and one about scifi tropes. I've really enjoyed appearing on panels so far - I am always extremely nervous beforehand then relax once we get going. Also there's the Nineworlds convention, where I'll be attending the Gollancz party on Saturday night - I think alongside fellow debut authors like Den Patrick, Anna Caltabiano, Stephen Hunt, John Honor Jacobs and Ed Cox. Should be great!

message 3: by Sci-Fi Lover (new)

Sci-Fi Lover | 8 comments what sci-fi comics are you reading at the moment?

message 4: by Jon (new)

Jon Wallace (jon__wallace) | 20 comments Mod
Sci-Fi wrote: "what sci-fi comics are you reading at the moment?" On the recommendation of a mate I am reading the image Prophet comics, which are, to put it mildly, completely b*tsh*t crazy in the most brilliant way. I am also planning on revisiting some old 2000AD faves like Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors and Devlin Waugh. Will also swing by GOSh or Forbidden PLanet and scoop up some complete randoms in advance of WorldCon. (I like to judge a comic or book entirely by its cover every now and then). I've been chatting to a few fellow panel members and I need to brush up if I'm going to be any use!