Sword & Laser Kids discussion

The Thief > podcast Ep. #5 is up!

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by library_jim, Creator & Organizer (last edited Jul 25, 2014 06:47AM) (new)

library_jim | 112 comments Mod
S&L Kids #5 - The Thief

Check out The Thief podcast, read (or re-read some Animorphs) and comment away!

message 2: by Beth, Moderator (new)

Beth | 73 comments Mod
We liked the podcast, but I realized as we listened that I hadn't put in our comments yet because I was waiting for the podcast to kick off our discussion, and yet there you were on the podcast looking for our comments! Oops.

We talked about the covers and agree with you that the beautiful art cover doesn't actually match the description of the Stone. Also, the feel of the cover is different. Our book is an older one and shows a boy sneaking up to steal the stone, and we think that reflects the book within better, although the art isn't as high quality.

message 3: by Beth, Moderator (new)

Beth | 73 comments Mod
Oh, would you rather have someone to talk to while doing the podcast? My older son Alexander would skype with you if you like. He'll also read (or has read) just about anything. For example, he read about 25 or 30 of the Animorph books in his elementary days.

message 4: by library_jim, Creator & Organizer (new)

library_jim | 112 comments Mod
Beth wrote: "Oh, would you rather have someone to talk to while doing the podcast? My older son Alexander would skype with you if you like. He'll also read (or has read) just about anything. For example, he rea..."

I don't know. Working around my daughter's schedule was too much so I decided to go it alone and I've been enjoying it, though I can see how a co-host would be more entertaining to listen to. I think I'll try to get some kid's comments on some of the books at my school and weave them in if I have time. I could try that with your son as well. It'd be good to get comments from someone who read a bunch back when they were more popular. That's kind of why I picked it. To showcase it as a series that really got a lot of people into SF. I'll let you know, thanks.