Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Finding Sky (Nicki Valentine Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Finding Sky
Featured Series and Cozies > Nicki Valentine (Finding Sky) by Susan O'Brien

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Mar 31, 2018 06:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nell | 2603 comments Mod
The member's choice featured series for April 2018 is Nicki Valentine by Susan O'Brien. The MC is a single mom who is training to become a private investigator. The first book in the series, Finding Sky, was nominated for an Agatha Award for Best First Mystery.

Finding Sky (Nicki Valentine Mystery, #1) by Susan O'Brien

Other books in the series are:

Sky High (Nicki Valentine Mystery #2) by Susan O'Brien Skydive (A Nicki Valentine Mystery, #3) by Susan O'Brien

Sky High
Skydive

Discuss any book in the series in this thread.

Chris This was such a good read - I enjoyed the humor and the plot twists. I did get a little tired of how she played off on the neighbor's husband though - not a normal relationship with her friend and husband . Can't wait to read the others in this series. Glad to have found another new author.

Nell | 2603 comments Mod
I'm reading Sky High, the second one in the series.

Mary (mw8019) | 273 comments Nell wrote: "The member's choice featured series for April 2018 is Nicki Valentine by Susan O'Brien. The MC is a single mom who is training to become a private investigator. The first book in the series, [book:..."

This has been THE book that got me back on track. I have been in a reading funk since I lost my Husband in December. I have been reading and really not enjoying the books I have read.

This book got me back to reading and enjoying books again. It had everything a good book needs: good story, believable story line, likeable characters, children, and babies. Plus a mystery and well written.

What does everyone else think about this book?

Mary

message 5: by Nell (last edited Apr 30, 2018 03:42AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nell | 2603 comments Mod
I finished Sky High a few days ago. A good mystery with several suspects and a twist at the end. The second book in the series develops the MC's relationship with her beau and there are some very funny scenes mixed in to the story. The one drawback for me was the illness of the groom's mother. It was an unnecessary distraction.

Sky High (Nicki Valentine Mystery #2) by Susan O'Brien