What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

I Found You
This topic is about I Found You
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Suspense thriller. Family (brother, sister, mum, dad) on a beach holiday. Sister is wooed by older boy on beach, who brother disapproves of. Older boy staying with aunt, family get invited to tea. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Donna (new)

Donna Borrill | 7 comments Help! I read this book not too long ago when on months free trial with Kindle unlimited. Closed account and now it's not in my purchase history. I loved it and would like to read more by the author. It was about a family, brother, sister, mum, dad who were on a beach holiday. The sister is wooed by an older boy on the beach, who the brother disapproved of. He's staying in a big house (aunts house). The family get invited to the house for tea. They date, but the sister isn't that keen. They go to a fair. She's invited to the house for a party and the brother goes too. There's drugs at the party and the sister is attacked (raped) by the boy. The brother and sister escape. That should be enough for someone to recognise it?!!!

message 3: by Donna (new)

Donna Borrill | 7 comments Thank you. Sounds good but that's not the one! The search continues....

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Donna, please add some plot details to your header since thousands of members are also looking for suspense/thrillers.

message 5: by Donna (new)

Donna Borrill | 7 comments I can't see an obvious way to do this?

Kris | 32217 comments Mod
I added plot details to the topic header by clicking the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

message 7: by Donna (new)

Donna Borrill | 7 comments You're a star!

message 8: by Kris (last edited Apr 01, 2018 05:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Not really. This reminds me of a book but the title escapes me at the moment. Does any of the following match your book?

- English family vacationing at the seaside...in England or France perhaps?
- They meet the older boy who is rich and hangs out with rich teens who do drugs. Possibly meet at a pub? Brother is attracted to a seductive rich girl. Sister wants to tag along to a party at the aunt's house which annoys the brother. Rich teens encourage the sister to take drugs.
- Sister is attracted to the older boy at first, but he becomes too possessive and she pretends to be sick to avoid going out with him. Parents like the guy at first, then start to grow wary of him.
(view spoiler)

message 9: by Donna (new)

Donna Borrill | 7 comments Yes! I'm pretty sure that's the one!!! What is it?

message 10: by Ayshe (last edited Apr 02, 2018 06:21AM) (new)

Ayshe | 4118 comments I Found You by Lisa Jewell? Looking at the reviews that appears to be the third storyline, it's not in the book's description.

message 11: by Jd (last edited Apr 02, 2018 06:23AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jd (jayde11) | 2 comments Is it I Found You by Lisa Jewell?

It takes place in two time periods and this sounds like the story that takes place in the past.

message 12: by Donna (new)

Donna Borrill | 7 comments Yes, that's the one! Mystery solved. Thank you all so much :-)

message 13: by Kris (last edited Apr 02, 2018 10:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Oh my goodness. I repeatedly scanned my memory, bookshelf and Overdrive history. I did read the blurb for I Found You by Lisa Jewell (more than once) and didn't connect the present-day event with the main backstory. Ugh. Thank you Ayshe!

I suspected a double storyline was tripping me up. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Donna (new)

Donna Borrill | 7 comments That is EXACTLY what happened to me! Thanks everyone.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I Found You (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Lisa Jewell (other topics)