What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Query abandoned by poster > ABANDONED. YA girl falls in love with boy at high school. Finds out he is a vampire. the only way to be with him is to become one as well, but she doesnt want to leave her family. NOT TWILIGHT!!

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yasmine (new)

Yasmine (yasminejane) | 10 comments This is NOT TWILIGHT. It was published before Twilight, in the early 2000's i think. Written by a female author.
A girl falls for a boy at school. Later finds out he is a vampire. She wants to be with him forever, but doesn't want to abandon her mum and bother. She ends up having to fake her own death (i think) but still visits them when they are sleeping.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Could it be 'Secret Vampire' by LJ Smith? It's part of the Night World series.

message 3: by Yasmine (new)

Yasmine (yasminejane) | 10 comments Unfortunately no. The girl is just from a normal family. There's no sickness. And I'm pretty sure there's no sequel.
There's no witches or other magical creatures. Just vampires.

message 4: by Yasmine (new)

Yasmine (yasminejane) | 10 comments Thanks anyway!

message 5: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments It really sounds like Secret Vampire by LJ Smith (Vampire Diaries author) to me, too. The story is stand-alone even though it's connected to a series and the only reference to other magical creatures is when he seeks out a witch to ask if she could cure the cancer. And Poppy's stepdad is barely in the book - it revolves heavily around her relationship with her mother and brother (her brother even finds out and ends up helping with the faked death thing).

If you're sure that's not it, can you remember anything else about the plot? Why does she end up changing her mind and faking her death?

There's oodles of vampire books in listopia lists. Have you tried looking through those?

message 6: by Yasmine (new)

Yasmine (yasminejane) | 10 comments Maybe I'll have a read of it and something else will jump out. I read it about 15 years ago! Thanks for the help.

message 7: by Arielle Rae (new)

Arielle Rae Aguilar | 127 comments Maybe it's Vampire Kisses (Vampire Kisses, #1) by Ellen Schreiber ?

message 8: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
Yasmine--you can also use the LJ Smith book to check for other books like it. If you click the link that SparksofEmber gave, and look up towards the top right, you'll see pictures of several other books and a clickable link called Readers Also Enjoyed which will provide you with links for books with a similar "feel".

message 9: by Lou (new)

Lou Rocama | 432 comments Demon in My View is what springs to my mind, but I don't remember a brother.

message 10: by Holly (last edited Jul 28, 2014 10:24PM) (new)

message 11: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (beladyryn) | 1 comments I think Arielle is right and the book is Vampire Kisses. There were/are around 7 books in that series, I think.

message 12: by Liralen (new)

Liralen | 708 comments Lou wrote: "Demon in My View is what springs to my mind, but I don't remember a brother."

It does sound like something Amelia Atwater-Rhodes might have written.

message 13: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
My Blood Approves series perhaps? Not pre-2k, but it seems to fit somewhat.

message 14: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Yasmine, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it anything suggested from @7 forward?

message 15: by Amy (new)

Amy Diaz | 224 comments I love the following YA vampire novels, way better then the Twilight crap series.

The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause
Look for Me by Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn
Companions of the Night by Vivian Vande Velde
Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist

hope these are good for the one posting this.

message 16: by SparksofEmber (new)

SparksofEmber | 943 comments PM'd Yasmine

message 17: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37562 comments Mod
Lobstergirl wrote: "Yasmine, are you still looking for this or did you find it? Was it anything suggested from @7 forward?"

No response in 3 years. Moving to Abandoned.