Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: April 15th through May 15th

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited May 10, 2018 10:07PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7247 comments Duration: April 15th -May 15th

Partners will be picked on the same day!

Guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (It's just to give a choice) ****

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 10: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments I'm in! I have a few on my shelf that I've been meaning to get to this year :)

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 15: by Guiana (new)

Guiana (gvianai) | 23 comments Partners are still assigned today, correct?

message 16: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7247 comments Yes. I will be doing them in a little bit.

message 17: by Guiana (new)

Guiana (gvianai) | 23 comments Hannah wrote: "Yes. I will be doing them in a little bit."

Alright, thanks!

message 18: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7247 comments Partners:

Guiana and Sarah (You will want to send Guiana a friend request her shelf is private.)

Hannah and Leah

Kikijanika and Kati

Michelle and Jingle ❀彡 (hiatus)

Carrie and Jessica

PreePree and Ashly

Katrina and Kaitlyn

message 19: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 198 comments Hi Guiana, for you I am choosing:

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

Hope you like one!

message 20: by Guiana (new)

Guiana (gvianai) | 23 comments My partner is Sarah and I chose:

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez because it's the oldest on your shelf.

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas because it has the highest rating on your shelf and it continues a series.

The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry because I heard it was pretty good and I like the cover.

P.S.: I'm sorry if you have a hard time choosing from my shelf because of the limited number of books.

message 21: by Guiana (new)

Guiana (gvianai) | 23 comments Sarah wrote: "Hi Guiana, for you I am choosing:

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han

Three Dark Crowns (Three Dark Crowns, #1) by Kendare Blake

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven

Hope you like one!"

Thanks! Hope you enjoy one of yours too :)

message 22: by Kaitlyn (last edited Apr 15, 2018 06:45PM) (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments For Katrina, I'm picking these three to choose from:

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2) by Cassandra Clare - I've read this one, this trilogy is amazing!
One Dark Throne (Three Dark Crowns, #2) by Kendare Blake - I figured if you loved the first book, the second book will be just as great!
Of Fire and Stars (Of Fire and Stars, #1) by Audrey Coulthurst - I've heard great reviews for this one!

Enjoy!

message 23: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 198 comments Guiana wrote: "My partner is Sarah and I chose:

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez because it's the oldest on your shelf.

Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas because it has the highest rating on yo..."

You're fine! You probably had a hard time because I have too many! (If there is such a thing as too many books!) LOL.

message 24: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 556 comments My partner is Carrie and I hope there is a winner!

Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo because this is on my to read shelf as well,
Changeling (Order of Darkness, #1) by Philippa Gregory because it has been on your shelf the longest, and
When Dimple Met Rishi by Sandhya Menon because I thought this was cute.

message 25: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments My partner is Kati and I pick

To Kill a Kingdom by Alexandra Christo because I was just at a bookstore and considered buying this ☺
State of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury because this sounds interesting. Just added it to my tbr!
The Wicked Deep by Shea Ernshaw because I just checked the description yesterday and I'd like to know if it's actually good.

message 26: by Katrina (new)

Katrina My partner is kaitlyn and I have chosen
Unearthly (Unearthly, #1) by Cynthia Hand because it’s a great series
Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead because it continues a series (on of my favorites by the way), and is the highest rated on your list
Afterparty by Ann Redisch Stampler because I like the cover

And I’m pretty sure I’m going to read Of Fire and Stars (Of Fire and Stars, #1) by Audrey Coulthurst . Thanks for the picks :)

message 27: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1655 comments My Partner is Jingle and I have chosen

This is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman

message 28: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments My partner is Ashly and I choose these 3 books because they have been on your shelf the longest:

Proxy (Proxy, #1) by Alex London Crazy by Han Nolan Hold Me Closer, Necromancer (Necromancer, #1) by Lish McBride

message 29: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments My partner is Jessica and for you I pick:
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter because I like this author
Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1 Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life by Bryan Lee O'Malley because sometimes we need to take a break from novels
I Hunt Killers (Jasper Dent, #1) by Barry Lyga because this is really good.

message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 556 comments Carrie wrote: "My partner is Jessica and for you I pick:
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls, #1) by Ally Carter because I like this author
[bookcover:Scott Pilgrim, Volume 1: Scott Pilgrim's Pr..."

I'm excited for my picks, Carrie! I ordered them from the library and we'll see what gets here first.

message 31: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Jessica wrote: "My partner is Carrie and I hope there is a winner!

Wonder Woman Warbringer (DC Icons, #1) by Leigh Bardugo because this is on my to read shelf as well,
Changeling (Order of Darkness, #1) by Philippa Gregory because it has been o..."

I have all 3 that you picked out for me, 2 are library books and the other I own :)

message 32: by Ashly (last edited Apr 16, 2018 09:51PM) (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments My Partner is PreePree and I picked:

Switched (Trylle #1) by Amanda Hocking Everwild (The Healer Series Book 1) by Kayla Jo Elixir by Ted Galdi

Happy Reading!

message 33: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments PreePree wrote: "My partner is Ashly and I choose these 3 books because they have been on your shelf the longest:

Proxy (Proxy, #1) by Alex LondonCrazy by Han NolanHold Me Closer, Necromancer (Necromancer, #1) by Lish McBride"

Thanks for the picks. I picked your books.

message 34: by PreePree (last edited Apr 17, 2018 05:01AM) (new)

PreePree | 478 comments Ashly wrote: "My Partner is PreePree and I picked:

Switched (Trylle #1) by Amanda HockingEverwild (The Healer Series Book 1) by Kayla JoElixir by Ted Galdi

Happy Reading!"

I pick Switched (Trylle #1) by Amanda Hocking

message 35: by Jingle ❀彡 (new)

Jingle ❀彡 (jingledarling) | 132 comments My partner is Michelle and I pick:

A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly, #2) by Susan Dennard because the title sounds interesting

The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls by Emilie Autumn as the plot seems really cool

Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass, #2) by Sarah J. Maas because I've heard good things about it.

Thank you for your pick! I'll be reading This is How It Always Is by Laurie Frankel and Challenger Deep by Neal Shusterman next if my schedule allows :)

message 36: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 1655 comments Jingle ❀彡 (hiatus) wrote: "My partner is Michelle and I pick:

A Darkness Strange and Lovely (Something Strange and Deadly, #2) by Susan Dennard because the title sounds interesting

The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls by Emilie Autumn as the plot ..."

Thank you for the picks. I will start off reading Crown of Midnight and then see if I have time for the other books.

Thank you

message 37: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2664 comments My partner is Hannah, and I choose:

1. Christmas at the Lake (Great Escapes, #2) by Charlotte Blake because I like Christmas stories.

2. Eyeliner & Alibis (Beauty Secrets, #3) by Stephanie Damore because I like cozy mysteries.

3. The Marriage Intervention (Intervention #2) by Hilary Dartt because it continues a series.

message 38: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7247 comments My partner is Leah and I choose:

1.) Defy the Worlds (Defy the Stars, #2) by Claudia Gray because I know that you enjoyed the first book.

2.) Green Rider by Kristen Britain because you have owned this book for quite some time now.

3.) If I Live (If I Run #3) by Terri Blackstock because it continues a series.

message 39: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2664 comments I'm going to read Defy the Worlds (Defy the Stars, #2) by Claudia Gray .

message 40: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments My partner hasn't picked anything for me yet. How long should I wait? ☺

message 41: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (121-books) | 225 comments Kikijanika wrote: "My partner hasn't picked anything for me yet. How long should I wait? ☺"

:( Did you message them privately? With these type of games, I do that after about three days if I haven't heard anything from my partner

message 42: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments Well, I did today but I don't know if she's been online lately. At least she hasn't made any updatws after April 17th. But I guess I'll just wait. There's still time after all ☺

message 43: by Sarah (last edited May 12, 2018 05:39PM) (new)

Sarah | 198 comments I started The Love That Split the World by Emily Henry on 4/22 and finished it today, 4/24. I gave it 3.5 stars

I started Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass, #4) by Sarah J. Maas on 4/29 and finished it today, 5/2. I gave it 4 stars.

I'm still working on One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez . It's definitely not a quick read, especially since all of the characters have virtually identical names but I'm trying not to quit on it.

message 44: by Leah (new)

Leah | 2664 comments I read Defy the Worlds (Defy the Stars, #2) by Claudia Gray , but I didn't like it. It wasn't nearly as good as the first book.

message 45: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 556 comments Hi Kikijanika,
My picks for you are:
The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich because it's been on your list along time,
Kindred by Octavia E. Butler because it's on my to read list too and I've heard good things about it, and
Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia because I like this series.

Hope there's a winner!

message 46: by PreePree (new)

PreePree | 478 comments PreePree wrote: "Ashly wrote: "My Partner is PreePree and I picked:

Switched (Trylle #1) by Amanda HockingEverwild (The Healer Series Book 1) by Kayla JoElixir by Ted Galdi

Happy Reading!"

I pick Switched (Trylle #1) by Amanda Hocking"

my read date: 4/29
My rating: 2.5 stars

message 47: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments Great! Thank you! I think I'll try to read at least The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich because I've been meaning to read it for a looooong time.

message 48: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 188 comments I read Crazy by Han Nolan and gave it 3 Stars.

message 49: by Kikijanika (new)

Kikijanika | 2932 comments I finished reading The Dead House by Dawn Kurtagich and I absolutely loved it! What an original story with a great combination of horror and mental illness! I'm so glad I finally read this. Thank you for picking this book for me ☺

message 50: by Katrina (new)

Katrina I read Of Fire and Stars (Of Fire and Stars, #1) by Audrey Coulthurst and gave it 3 stars

« previous 1