Goodreads Authors/Readers discussion

From Martin to Despallier: The Story of a French Colonial Family
This topic is about From Martin to Despallier
Nonfiction > Reviewer wanted - non-fiction history - Alamo

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rasmus (last edited Jul 26, 2014 12:44AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rasmus Dahlqvist | 1 comments I'm looking for reviews from people interested in (non-fiction) history. Almost everybody knows Davy Crockett and Jim Bowie, but what about the other Alamo Defenders? I researched Alamo hero Charles Despallier for 15 years, traced his family and ancestors on Haiti, in Louisiana and Texas, and found their forbears in 17th century France. Even more, I found out the reasons why they moved to the New World and even why the Despalliers fought at the Alamo. It took me so long mainly because at some point they changed their last name from Martin to Despallier. Last but not least: the Alamo Cenotaph in San Antonio (also known as the Spirit of Sacrifice) may bear a mistake carved in stone: were Louisianian Charles Despallier and Tejano Carlos Espalier one and the same person?
This is not an e-pub but a printed book, and I'll have it sent for free to one or more serious reviewers in the US. Contact me by email.
You'll find all you need to know about From Martin to Despallier: the Story of a French Colonial Family at http://www.dahlqvist.be including contact details.

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott Skipper | 49 comments When you release it as an eBook, count me in.