Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The World of Pooh by by A.A. Milne, Ernest H. Shepard (Illustrator)(Decathlon)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 962 comments 5 stars
What a nice, light, fun stories to read. I knew of but did not grow up with Pooh and his friends nor did my kids but my Grandson is. I have read a couple of these stories from other books before reading this book. I love the adventure, the imagination and wit. I can relate to both Tigger and Eeyore, they fit both of my personalities. The Illustrations are wonderful and add depth to the stories. Highly recommend.

message 2: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6000 comments When my niece (now in graduate school) was about 3 years old, I went for a visit. I loved playing with her until she said, "let's play Pooh."
Me: Okay. How do we play?
Her: I'll be Pooh. You be Tigger.
I looked at her, waiting for direction.
She looked at me.
I looked at her.
She looked at me. ... Sighed ...
and said: Tiggers BOUNCE!

I jumped up and down a few times, while she watched, smiling.
Then I suggested we play "cooking spaghetti" (a favorite pastime we'd played before). Fortunately for me (and my middle-aged knees), she agreed.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8846 comments Thinking about the Kenny Logins Song, House at Pooh Corner. Beautiful sweet tune.

message 4: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 962 comments Book Concierge wrote: "When my niece (now in graduate school) was about 3 years old, I went for a visit. I loved playing with her until she said, "let's play Pooh."
Me: Okay. How do we play?
Her: I'll be Pooh. You be Ti..."

I hear ya, I don't have the bounce I use to have either. LOL

message 5: by SouthWestZippy (new)

SouthWestZippy | 962 comments Amy wrote: "Thinking about the Kenny Logins Song, House at Pooh Corner. Beautiful sweet tune."

Oh wow, I had never heard of it so I looked it up on youtube. Nice song. I do so like his voice, easy on the ears.