What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy - Shapeshifter goes to different worlds (potential spoilers in comment)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RaolinTheDense (new)

RaolinTheDense | 2 comments first post, I hope I did this correctly.

Some years (decades) ago I read a book that I believe my father had lying around. It was a fantasy based book, and the premise was that there was a man who had lived a long time as a shapeshifter. He took a long time to come to grips with it, and then, for some reason I cannot recall, he started jumping from world to world. In one he ended up in a place where witches and the like were common. Being a dutiful Christian, he tried to save their souls. Some time later he was in Hell, and conversing with the Devil. Said Devil appreciated the sincerity with which he had tried to help his friends but set about explaining several misconceptions the protagonist had regarding the relationship between God and the Devil.

I have no idea what this book is called, but recall rather enjoying it.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34466 comments Mod
RaolinTheDense, around what year did you read this book? This will help narrow the search.

What forms did the man shift into?

Did he have companions or family?

message 3: by RaolinTheDense (new)

RaolinTheDense | 2 comments As I recall, his primary form was that of a wolf. I believe I read it around 1998. The shapeshifting and adjustment may sound a bit like C.S. Friedman's "The Madness Season", but I know and love that book. This is a different book, by a different author.

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
RaolinTheDense, are you still looking for this or did you find it?