VAMPIRES DON'T SPARKLE discussion

Dracul
This topic is about Dracul
NEWS > DRACUL (Dracula prequel Novel) coming in October...

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (last edited Mar 29, 2018 06:40PM) (new) - added it

Dan (dan2345) | 880 comments Mod
Well, I thought this one was going to go straight to movie, but I was wrong. Yes, Dacre Stoker is working on a Dracula prequel, but I just read on his Facebook page that it will be a novel first, and he has just released the cover image...
dracul

He could have chosen a more original cover image. The story will apparently feature a young Bram Stoker in 1868, meeting "some of the evil creatures which he would come to write about". And it says on his Facebook page that...

"Our novel will be out Oct 2 published by Putnam in North America. I am not sure yet about release dates for Transworld in the UK, Michel Lafon in France and 6 others around the world."

I'm sure many people are skeptical because of their opinion of Dracula: The Undead. Me, I've got my fingers crossed. I think it'll be a good yarn as long as it's evil bad-ass Drac that is.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This is great news Dan, I also have my fingers grossed it's going to be a dark, nasty, evil Vlad novel. Lots have fallen short, we can only live in hope. :@)

message 3: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new) - added it

( A Bald Mage) *Keith* wrote: "This is great news Dan, I also have my fingers grossed it's going to be a dark, nasty, evil Vlad novel. Lots have fallen short, we can only live in hope. :@)"

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it too.

message 4: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new) - rated it 4 stars

Latasha (latasha513) | 86 comments Mod
I read it and liked it.

message 5: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new) - added it

Latasha wrote: "I read it and liked it."

Can I ask you something? In that book, is Dracula a love-sick, "misunderstood" anti-hero?? Or is he a bloodsucking monster???

message 6: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ohh. . He’s mean. Really mean.

message 7: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (last edited Nov 24, 2018 05:33PM) (new) - added it

Latasha wrote: "Ohh. . He’s mean. Really mean."

Good! Great!!! Then I'll have to read it!!

message 8: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new) - rated it 4 stars

he doesn't show up til the last half of the book though, or later. just so you know.

message 9: by Dan, destroyer of vegan vampire sissies (new) - added it

Latasha wrote: "he doesn't show up til the last half of the book though, or later. just so you know."

Oh okay, that's cool. In the original, there's this huge chunk of time where he's not even around, so...

message 10: by Michele (new)

Michele Latasha wrote: "he doesn't show up til the last half of the book though, or later. just so you know."

Hm, that's a bit of a slow start for me. What's the first half about, then?

message 11: by Latasha, ThE LoSt GiRL (new) - rated it 4 stars

the story focuses on young Bram, his sister and his nanny. i agree completely, it starts out slow but does get better.