The Fault in Our Stars
This topic is about The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our Stars -- John Greene

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new) - added it

Patricia | 12 comments The Fault in Our Stars by John Greene
Reviewed by Patricia Bazante

The Fault in our Stars is about two kids who meet in a team meeting for people fighting cancer. Hazel is diagnosed with lung cancer; she was losing her life and barely would come out of her room to socialize or eat. Until one day she meets a handsome boy named Augustus, who is also fighting cancer. He has had Osteosarcoma for over a year. Hazel and Augustus soon become close friends as they’re going through the same thing. Yet Hazel will likely die, while Augustus is on the road to recovery.

Hazel is someone I admire because she is fighting for her life; it isn’t easy having cancer and it’s something that shouldn’t exist in the world. When some people find out that they have cancer, they give up. And yet Hazel, so sick has to have tubes in her nose all night, always has a positive attitude. A book that helped Hazel understand that people can have cancer and still live a normal life is called An Imperial Affliction – it was about a girl who has cancer and lived a beautiful life with her family. I also thought the relationship between Hazel and Augustus was strong and caring. I enjoyed reading the book, even though the end was sad and made me cry. It’s an easy book to read and not very long.

message 2: by Jay (new)

Jay | 13 comments Sounds interesting. Great description of the conflict and the characters.

message 3: by Catherine (new)

Catherine | 12 comments Sounds like an amazing story. Buts also a book that will have me in tears, sobbing, and I'm not the most attractive crier. I am not down for that.

message 4: by Oscar (new)

Oscar | 3 comments The book sounds interesting. i wonder if is more interesting than the movie.

message 5: by Asia (new)

Asia Verbrugge | 15 comments I've never read this book or watched the movie, but do you know why it gained its title? Was there anything in the book that made the title make sense or perhaps it was mentioned?

message 6: by Caley (new)

Caley Whitner | 11 comments I've watched the movie, but never read the book, and I think I might be interested in reading it now. Great reflection!

message 7: by Patricia (new) - added it

Patricia | 12 comments Caley wrote: "I've watched the movie, but never read the book, and I think I might be interested in reading it now. Great reflection!"
Thank you! I loved the book more because the book had deeper feelings than the movie. I felt like I was in the story with them and feeling her pain.

message 8: by Patricia (new) - added it

Patricia | 12 comments Caley wrote: "I've watched the movie, but never read the book, and I think I might be interested in reading it now. Great reflection!"
I watched the movie first then I read the book. I ended up liking the book more because I felt the pain they were going through. The book has more details than the movie does.