Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley April 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 61 (61 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Apr 30, 2018 07:51PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31132 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for April 14/15

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31132 comments Mod
r

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited May 01, 2018 12:42AM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14450 comments Mod

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 13

Books:
The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth Incendium (Christopher Radcliff, #1) by A.D. Swanston The Paris Seamstress by Natasha Lester 50 Top Tools for Employee Wellbeing A Complete Toolkit for Developing Happy, Healthy, Productive and Engaged Employees by Debbie Mitchell In The Shadow of 10,000 Hills by Jennifer Haupt School for Psychics (School for Psychics, #1) by K.C. Archer
The Frontman by Ron Bahar Mad Blood Stirring by Simon Mayo Armstrong's Job Evaluation Handbook A Guide to Achieving Fairness and Transparency in Pay and Reward by Michael Armstrong Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman The Hawkman by Jane Rosenberg LaForge The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle by Stuart Turton Look at Me by Mareike Krügel

Feedback ratio: 89%

FINISHED
The Frontman by Ron Bahar

ADDED
The Nowhere Child by Christian White The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 14
Feedback Ratio:88%

message 4: by Melanie (last edited Apr 30, 2018 05:32PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 735 comments Hoping to knock out some more of my older books this month.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 18
Feedback Ratio: 85%

Books (ordered by pub date):
Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1) by Susie Steiner A Christmas Day at the Office by Matt Dunn The Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore Blackout by Marc Elsberg The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1) by Loreth Anne White A Covert Affair (Librarian and the Spy Escapade #2) by Susan Mann The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken Invictus by Ryan Graudin
The Dark Lake (Gemma Woodstock, #1) by Sarah Bailey Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak The Birthday Girl by Sue Fortin Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake A Devil of a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #2) by Madeline Hunter The Luck of the Bride (The Cavensham Heiresses #3) by Janna MacGregor Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2) by Maisey Yates Tempting the Laird (Highland Grooms, #5) by Julia London

Added:
Read Herring Hunt (Mystery Bookshop, #2) by V.M. Burns Murder in the Locked Library (Book Retreat Mysteries, #4) by Ellery Adams A Merciful Silence (Mercy Kilpatrick #4) by Kendra Elliot Never Deceive a Viscount (Infamous Lords, #2) by Renee Ann Miller Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris Relentless (Somerton Security #2) by Elizabeth Dyer Her Last Word by Mary Burton Burning Up (Flirting with Fire, #1) by Jennifer Blackwood The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3) by Katee Robert Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2) by Dana Marton
Cowboy SEAL Redemption (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #2) by Nicole Helm In Bed with the Beast (The Naughty Princess Club, #2) by Tara Sivec Married by Moonlight (Distinguished Rogues, #9) by Heather Boyd The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2) by Roni Loren Shelved Under Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #2) by Victoria Gilbert Hot Asset (21 Wall Street, #1) by Lauren Layne A Duke Like No Other (Playful Brides, #9) by Valerie Bowman Bear Witness to Murder (Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery, #2) by Meg Macy It's All About the Duke (The Rakes of St. James, #3) by Amelia Grey

Finished:
A Devil of a Duke (Decadent Dukes Society, #2) by Madeline Hunter My Review The Grave Tender by Eliza Maxwell My Review Blackout by Marc Elsberg My Review Murder in the Locked Library (Book Retreat Mysteries, #4) by Ellery Adams My Review
A Covert Affair (Librarian and the Spy Escapade #2) by Susan Mann My Review The Luck of the Bride (The Cavensham Heiresses #3) by Janna MacGregor My Review Burning Up (Flirting with Fire, #1) by Jennifer Blackwood My Review Read Herring Hunt (Mystery Bookshop, #2) by V.M. Burns My Review
Her Last Word by Mary Burton My Review A Christmas Day at the Office by Matt Dunn My Review Married by Moonlight (Distinguished Rogues, #9) by Heather Boyd My Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 26
Feedback Ratio: 81%

message 5: by Kristie (last edited Apr 30, 2018 07:38PM) (new)

Kristie | 3277 comments I'll edit if I'm surprisingly able to finish another before March ends, but I doubt it.

Beginning of Month:

Books on Shelf: 16
The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner Bring Her Home by David Bell Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss The Space Between Words by Michèle Phoenix Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #2) by Brenda Novak The Whispering Room (Jane Hawk, #2) by Dean Koontz Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2) by Rachel Caine The Crooked Staircase (Jane Hawk, #3) by Dean Koontz Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6) by Robert Bryndza

Netgalley Ratio: 88%

End of Month:

Read: 3
The Lucky Ones by Tiffany Reisz Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage The Whispering Room (Jane Hawk, #2) by Dean Koontz

Reviews: 3
The Lucky Ones review
Baby Teeth review
The Whispering Room review

Added: 2
The Summer Children (The Collector, #3) by Dot Hutchison The Widow's Watcher by Eliza Maxwell

Books on Shelf: 15
Ratio: 88%

message 6: by Shannon (last edited Mar 31, 2018 10:55AM) (new)

Shannon (countessmom) | 4087 comments Start of the Month:
Books on Shelf: 4
Child of Nod (The Balance #1) by C.W. Snyder My Name Is Victoria by Lucy Worsley The Darwin Variant by Kenneth Johnson Graves of Wrath (City of Bones #1) by Lina Gardiner
Feedback Ratio: 85%

Added:

Finished

Finished but can’t post review yet

Read previously but just now able to post review due to release date

End of the Month:
Books on Shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 7: by Alison (last edited May 01, 2018 04:54AM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2545 comments I'm in. Hoping to get a couple more reviews up so will update later.

Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 79%
Books on Shelf: 45

Planning to Read
A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse The Break by Marian Keyes The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber Elefant by Martin Suter You Were Made for This by Michelle Sacks

Read & still to Review
The Belles (The Belles #1) by Dhonielle Clayton The Craftsman by Sharon J. Bolton Snap by Belinda Bauer A Summer Scandal by Kat French Dear Martin by Nic Stone Chaser (Dive Bar, #3) by Kylie Scott

Reviews Posted
Sam & Ilsa's Last Hurrah by David Levithan Frat Girl by Kiley Roache The Wedding Date by Zara Stoneley Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6) by Robert Bryndza Skin Deep by Liz Nugent Genesis (Project Nemesis, #2) by Brendan Reichs

Books Added:
Grist Mill Road by Christopher J. Yates Genesis (Project Nemesis, #2) by Brendan Reichs Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #2) by Mark Lawrence A Summer Scandal by Kat French Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud Macbeth (Hogarth Shakespeare) by Jo Nesbø Chaser (Dive Bar, #3) by Kylie Scott The Good Son by You-jeong Jeong Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2) by Renee Ahdieh How to Keep a Secret by Sarah Morgan

Current
Feedback Ratio 78%
Books on Shelf 49

message 8: by Alysa (last edited Jun 20, 2019 07:02AM) (new)

Alysa H. | 3645 comments Alison wrote: "I'm in. Hoping to get a couple more reviews up so will update later."

Ditto for me.

Okay, here goes.

Beginning of month
Books on my NetGalley To-Read shelf: 44
Feedback ratio: 89%

NetGalley Review

Read:
Proof of Lies (my review)
I Met a Traveller in an Antique Land (my review)
Gilded Cage (my review)
A Short History of Drunkenness (my review)
The Atrocities (my review)
Draekora (my review)
Magicians Impossible (my review)
Timekeeper (my review)
Rare Books Uncovered (my review)
Black Dahlia, Red Rose (my review)
Wintersong (my review)
Foundryside (my review)

Proof of Lies (Anastasia Phoenix, #1) by Diana Rodriguez Wallach I Met a Traveller in an Antique Land by Connie Willis Gilded Cage (Dark Gifts, #1) by Vic James A Short History of Drunkenness How, Why, Where, and When Humankind Has Gotten Merry from the Stone Age to the Present by Mark Forsyth The Atrocities by Jeremy C. Shipp Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3) by Lynette Noni
Magicians Impossible by Brad Abraham Timekeeper (Timekeeper, #1) by Tara Sim Rare Books Uncovered True Stories of Fantastic Finds in Unlikely Places by Rebecca Rego Barry Black Dahlia, Red Rose The Crime, Corruption, and Cover-Up of America's Greatest Unsolved Murder by Piu Marie Eatwell Wintersong (Wintersong, #1) by S. Jae-Jones Foundryside (Founders, #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett

DNF:
Snakewood (my review)

Snakewood by Adrian Selby

End of month
Books on my NetGalley To-Read shelf: 36
Feedback ratio: 91%

Challenge Complete!

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy Nicole (a_nicole) | 23 comments This monthly challenge always helps me so much! I read three netgalley books in March, and that was more than I have in a while.

Beginning of the Month

Books on my shelf:14

(older than 3 months) -
Not Your Villain (Sidekick Squad, #2) by C.B. Lee Akata Witch (Akata Witch, #1) by Nnedi Okorafor Warcross (Warcross, #1) by Marie Lu Blended Notes (Spotlight, #3) by Lilah Suzanne
(already published) -
Betty Before X by Ilyasah Shabazz Eloquent Rage A Black Feminist Discovers Her Superpower by Brittney Cooper A Girl Like That by Tanaz Bhathena
(to be published) -
For Everyone by Jason Reynolds Heads of the Colored People by Nafissa Thompson-Spires Not So Stories by David Thomas Moore The Secret of the Purple Lake by Yaba Badoe The Pisces by Melissa Broder Grump The (Fairly) True Tale of Snow White and the Seven Dwarves by Liesl Shurtliff
The End of the Moment We Had by Toshiki Okada

Feedback Ratio 85%

Added in April:

End of the Month
Books I read in March:

Reviews I posted:

DNF:

Shelf count:
Feedback ratio:

message 10: by Emily (last edited Apr 03, 2018 01:53PM) (new)

Emily | 1013 comments Ratio 81%
Books on Shelf 71
Goal 10 books

message 11: by Yzabel (last edited Apr 30, 2018 10:08AM) (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 160 comments I'm too slow in reading my NG stuff, so let's try this for a change...

Beginning of the month

Books on shelves: 27

The Sacrifice Box by Martin Stewart Planetfall (Planetfall, #1) by Emma Newman WaR Wizards and Robots by Will.i.am Home by Amanda Berriman Paris Adrift by E.J. Swift School for Psychics (School for Psychics, #1) by K.C. Archer Child of Nod (The Balance Series Book 1) by C.W. Snyder Fawkes by Nadine Brandes Human Errors A Panorama of Our Glitches, From Pointless Bones to Broken Genes by Nathan H. Lents Norman The Doll That Needed to Be Locked Away by Stephen Lancaster Nyxia Unleashed (The Nyxia Triad, #2) by Scott Reintgen The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton One Way by S.J. Morden The Trauma Cleaner One Woman's Extraordinary Life in the Business of Death, Decay, and Disaster by Sarah Krasnostein Why I’m No Longer Talking to White People About Race by Reni Eddo-Lodge Zombie Abbey by Lauren Baratz-Logsted I Still Dream by James Smythe

Older than 3 months:

Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files Wild Card (gn) by Jim Butcher Wendigo Rising (Yancy Lazarus #3) by James A. Hunter Savage Prophet (Yancy Lazarus #4) by James A. Hunter Flip (Slip, #3) by David Estes Lady Mechanika La Dama de la Muerte by Joe Benítez Invictus by Ryan Graudin Fire (The Ninth Circle #1) by C.A. Harland After the End of the World (Carter & Lovecraft, #2) by Jonathan L. Howard Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman Carnivore The most controversial debut literary thriller of 2017 by Jonathan Lyon

Feedback Ratio: 93%

End of the Month

Books I read in April: 17

Reviews:

DNF: 0

Added: 5

Shelf count: 5
Feedback ratio: 96%

message 12: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2545 comments I'm never sure this does help. I'm looking at everyone's shelves and finding books I really want to add to mine ;)

I'm currently very jealous of the new Backman which isn't on UK NetGalley and unfortunately I can only "wish for" books on the main site.

message 13: by Michelle (last edited Apr 26, 2018 12:20PM) (new)

Michelle | 465 comments How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 13
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 66%

What books are on your NG shelf:
Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember When We're Entwined (When We're Entwined #1) by Jody A. Kessler The Invisible Hand (Shakespeare's Moon #1) by James Hartley Another Postcard (Stone Butterfly Rockstars Book 1) by Elle Christensen Falsies (The Makeup Series, #1) by Olive East The Business of Writing Practical Insights for Independent, Hybrid, and Traditionally Published Authors by Kim Iverson Headlee Paramnesia The Deadish Chronicles by Brian Wilkinson The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) by L. Penelope

New
Save the Date by Morgan Matson

No Feedback
Ensnared by Rita Stradling

Feedback Sent
Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch

Read & Reviewed
When We're Entwined (When We're Entwined #1) by Jody A. Kessler The Invisible Hand (Shakespeare's Moon #1) by James Hartley

End of the month(view spoiler)

message 15: by Tiffany (last edited Apr 30, 2018 08:17PM) (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments Tiffany wrote: "And on the next episode of Book Hoarders...
1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 303
b: What books are on your NG shelf: [book..."

[bookcover:Twice Dead|37789954] Still (Still, #1) by Camilla Monk The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian Select Few (Select, #2) by Marit Wiesenberg Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud England Expects (A Mirabelle Bevan Mystery) by Sara Sheridan Awakenings (Gennebar Rising Book 1) by Clint Geller Crochet Loom Blooms 30 Fabulous Crochet Flowers & Projects by Haafner Linssen Storm Front (Montana Rescue #5) by Susan May Warren Witherheart by Soren Narnia Never Rest by Jon Richter Tree Dreams by Kristin Kaye Lunav by Jenn Polish The Vanishing by Sophia Tobin First Time Cake Decorating The Absolute Beginner's Guide - Learn by Doing * Step-by-Step Basics + Projects by Autumn Carpenter Amish Cooking Class Cookbook Over 200 Practical Recipes for Use in Any Kitchen by Wanda E. Brunstetter No One But You by Tessa Levy Arms of Mercy by Ruth Reid The Fairfax Incident by Terrence McCauley Jane Seymour The Haunted Queen (Six Tudor Queens, #3) by Alison Weir Beneath the Bellemont Sky by Ranee S. Clark The Stars Above Northumberland by Anita Stansfield A Tangled Inheritance by Chalon Linton The Girl With No Name (Detective Josie Quinn, #2) by Lisa Regan The Cemetery Keeper's Wife by Maryann McFadden Bloodcraft (The Cruentus Curse, #2) by Amalie Howard Down to Oath by Tyrolin Puxty Buttercream Flowers for All Seasons A Year of Floral Cake Decorating Projects from the World's Leading Buttercream Artists by Valeri Valeriano Threats of Sky and Sea (Threats of Sky and Sea, #1) by Jennifer Ellision Tokyo's Last Vampire by Tiffany Wayne Crook's Hollow by Robert Parker Release Your Obsession with Food Heal from the Inside Out by Lisa Ortigara Crego Reign of the Marionettes by Sheena Macleod Wild Escape The Prison Break from Dannemora and the Manhunt that Captured America by Chelsia Rose Marcius The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton Prophecy of Darkness (Legends of the Tri-Gard, #1) by Michelle Bryan Reborn (Android Chronicles #1) by Lance Erlick When Grace Sings (The Zimmerman Restoration Trilogy, #2) by Kim Vogel Sawyer An Interlude in Berlin by Jefferson Flanders The Colony by R.M. Gilmour Goose Hunt by Dennis Ogden How God Grows a Woman of Faith A Devotional by Anita Higman Our Daily Bread Jesus Sourcebook The A-to-Z Guide to the People, Places, and Teachings of Jesus’s Life by George W. Knight Amazing Origami Boxes by Tomoko Fuse Inspired Shawls 15 Creative Patterns for Year-Round Knitting by Laura Zukaite In The Shadow of 10,000 Hills by Jennifer Haupt This I Know by Eldonna Edwards The Prayer List ...and Other True Stories of How Families Pray by Jane Knuth Daughter of War (Knights Templar #1) by S.J.A. Turney The Graveyard Girl and the Boneyard Boy by Martin Matthews The High Tide Club by Mary Kay Andrews Becoming the Talbot Sisters A Novel of Two Sisters and the Courage That Unites Them by Rachel Linden Song of Isabel by Ida Curtis Somebody's Daughter by David Bell Under the Blood Moon by Tracie Provost Hunters' Watch Brigade Initiation by Paula Millhouse The Talebearer by Sheri Lewis Wohl The Crescent Stone (The Sunlit Lands #1) by Matt Mikalatos The Hidden Side by Heidi Chiavaroli Mean Girl by Natasha A. Salnikova

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 10%

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

a: What books you read: Buttercream Flowers for All Seasons A Year of Floral Cake Decorating Projects from the World's Leading Buttercream Artists by Valeri Valeriano Crochet Loom Blooms 30 Fabulous Crochet Flowers & Projects by Haafner Linssen First Time Cake Decorating The Absolute Beginner's Guide - Learn by Doing * Step-by-Step Basics + Projects by Autumn Carpenter Beneath the Summer Sun (Every Amish Season, #2) by Kelly Irvin Everyday Bible Encouragement for Women by Barbour Staff Never Look at the Empty Seats A Memoir by Charlie Daniels The Museum of Us by Tara Wilson Redd The View from Rainshadow Bay (Lavender Tides #1) by Colleen Coble How God Grows a Woman of Faith A Devotional by Anita Higman Inspired Shawls 15 Creative Patterns for Year-Round Knitting by Laura Zukaite The Accidental Guardian (High Sierra Sweethearts Book #1) by Mary Connealy The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**: 1.https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
2. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
3. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
4. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
5. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
6. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
7. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
8. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
9. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
10. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
11. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
12. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
e: Your updated ratio: 12%

message 16: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments My goal for April is to read enough to where I can use one post lol.

message 17: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Lol Tiffany!

Are there any really old ones you can just send feedback that you are sorry and won’t be able to read it so you can just clean it all up? Or do you think you will get through them all ? (Which would be super impressive!!)

message 18: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments I can quickly review the crafting books so I plan on getting those out of the way as soon as I finish the book I’m reading. So, probably in the next couple of days. I have a few others I can take care of quickly, as well.

message 19: by Cai (new)

Cai (princesscai) | 167 comments 1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf

b: What books are on your NG shelf
Your Heart Is a Muscle the Size of a Fist by Sunil Yapa We Just Clicked by Sophie Childs Beyond the Stars by Stacy Wise The Witches of Cambridge by Menna van Praag I'll See You in Paris by Michelle Gable The Vatican Princess A Novel of Lucrezia Borgia by C.W. Gortner Another Love (No Greater Love, #9) by Amanda Prowse A Girl's Guide to Moving On (New Beginnings, #2) by Debbie Macomber The Silk Merchant's Daughter by Dinah Jefferies On the Run (Big Mike and Minnie #1) by Susan Amanda Kelly Regrets Only (The Marriage Pact, #2) by M.J. Pullen A Stolen Kiss (Stolen Royals #1) by Kelsey Keating Siren's Song (Storm Siren, #3) by Mary Weber The Jewelled Snuffbox by Alice Chetwynd Ley Mayflowers for November The Rise and Fall of Anne Boleyn by Malyn Bromfield Something Short and Sweet by H.E. Bates In the Hope of Memories by Olivia Rivers In Defense of the Princess How Plastic Tiaras and Fairytale Dreams Can Inspire Smart, Strong Women by Jerramy Fine The Love Triangle by Nic Tatano Return to the Little Coffee Shop of Kabul (The Little Coffee Shop of Kabul #2) by Deborah Rodriguez Lizzie's Secret (The Workshop Girls #1) by Rosie Clarke Where the Heart Is Romance Collection by Erica Vetsch Finding Home by Lauren Westwood Permanently Booked (The Ladies Smythe & Westin) by Lisa Q. Mathews The Sun King Conspiracy by Yves Jégo La Vie en Rose Life in Pink by Lydia Michaels Life As I Know It by Michelle Payne As If I Were A River by Amanda Saint Herman Melville by Herman Melville The Little Pieces of You and Me by Vanessa Greene A Falling Friend by Sue Featherstone Bluegrass Bend by Mandy Magro A Teen's Guide to the 5 Love Languages How to Understand Yourself and Improve All Your Relationships by Gary Chapman Night Shift (Midnight, Texas, #3) by Charlaine Harris The Candidates Based on a True Country by Matthew S. Hiley Driving Miss Crazy by D.J. Van Oss Rock-a-Bye Bones (Sarah Booth Delaney, #16) by Carolyn Haines Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick Lily and the Octopus by Steven Rowley Out of the Ice by Ann Turner Red Dirt by E.M. Reapy The Wedding Sisters by Jamie Brenner Lady of the Highway (The Highway Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Swift Bay of Sighs (The Guardians Trilogy, #2) by Nora Roberts The Missing Wife by Sheila O'Flanagan The Good Guy by Susan Beale Blame by Nicole Trope The Horseman by Charlotte Nash Summer in Good Hope (Good Hope #2) by Cindy Kirk Golden Hope by Johanna Nicholls The Secrets Sisters Keep by Sinéad Moriarty In Twenty Years by Allison Winn Scotch City of Shadows (London Fae, #2) by Pippa DaCosta Skin Deep by Catherine Barry Watching Edie by Camilla Way The Purpose Is Profit The Truth about Starting and Building Your Own Business by Ed "Skip" McLaughlin Sunset Shadows (Goodabri #3) by Bronwyn Parry Late Summer in the Vineyard by Jo Thomas A Promise of Fire (Kingmaker Chronicles, #1) by Amanda Bouchet Never Never (Detective Harriet Blue, #1) by James Patterson Txt Me by B. Bonin Bough The Zen of Social Media Marketing An Easier Way to Build Credibility, Generate Buzz, and Increase Revenue by Shama Hyder Twisted Up (Taking Chances, #1) by Erin Nicholas Southern Ruby by Belinda Alexandra Until I Love Again (St. Lawrence County Amish #2) by Jerry S. Eicher Raising an Entrepreneur 10 Rules for Nurturing Risk Takers, Problem Solvers, and Change Makers by Margot Machol Bisnow The Memory of Things by Gae Polisner Queen Bees Six Brilliant and Extraordinary Society Hostesses Between the Wars by Siân Evans Born Mobster by Paige Dearth The Birdman's Wife by Melissa Ashley The Family Secret by Fiona Palmer Hostile Takeover by Phyllis J. Piano Digital Kids How to Balance Screen Time, and Why it Matters by Martin L. Kutscher The Witches of New York by Ami McKay Beyond the Orchard by Anna Romer The One We Fell in Love With by Paige Toon Meet Me at Beachcomber Bay by Jill Mansell Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2) by Alwyn Hamilton Her Mother's Secret by Natasha Lester The Hidden Hours by Sara Foster White Sand, Blue Sea A St. Barts Love Story by Anita Hughes You're the One That I Want by Giovanna Fletcher The Romance Reader's Guide to Life by Sharon Pywell The Book of Summer by Michelle Gable Anne Boleyn A King's Obsession (Six Tudor Queens, #2) by Alison Weir The Sun King Conspiracy by Yves Jégo Unscripted Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship by M.J. DeMarco Beneath the Parisian Skies (Wandering Skies #3) by Alli Sinclair Project You More Than 50 Ways to Calm Down, de-Stress, and Feel Great by Aubre Andrus The Girl from Munich by Tania Blanchard Dr. Colbert's Keto Zone Diet Burn Fat, Balance Appetite Hormones, and Lose Weight by Don Colbert The Rules of Magic by Alice Hoffman The Paris Seamstress by Natasha Lester Educated A Memoir by Tara Westover I'm with the Band Confessions of a Groupie by Pamela Des Barres

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is
21%

a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**

e: Your updated ratio

message 20: by Michelle (last edited May 01, 2018 11:51AM) (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 46 comments Start of Month:

April Books on Shelf : 20
Feedback ratio to start: 77%

Books:
Current titles:
Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris Nothing Happened by Molly Booth If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll People Like Us by Dana Mele So Close to Being the Sh*t, Y’all Don’t Even Know by Retta

Older than 3 months:
Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Absalom's Daughters by Suzanne Feldman Watching Edie by Camilla Way When I Am Through with You by Stephanie Kuehn Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang The Elizas by Sara Shepard S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett

ADDED IN APRIL

FINISHED
Nothing Happened by Molly Booth If I Was Your Girl by Meredith Russo

NO FEEDBACK GIVEN
Beautiful Broken Girls by Kim Savage

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 17
Feedback Ratio: 79%

message 21: by Michelle (last edited Apr 03, 2018 11:25AM) (new)

Michelle | 465 comments Oh, I just got approved for Morgan Matson's new book :3 Save the Date by Morgan Matson . When I requested it I really thought I wouldn't get it and now I'm sooo excited to read it :D.

Alright, happiness lasted very few minutes cause I just realized it's a PDF format thing :(.

message 22: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 465 comments Tiffany wrote: "My goal for April is to read enough to where I can use one post lol."

Hahaha that's the spirit!! I truly envy your shelf (and at the same I'm happy I don't have it --no offense), how do you get approved for so much? Most importantly, how do you decide what to read next!? I have issues with that and I only have like 10 books xD

message 23: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments Michelle wrote: "Oh, I just got approved for Morgan Matson's new book :3 Save the Date by Morgan Matson. When I requested it I really thought I wouldn't get it and lnow I'm sooo excited to read it :D.

Alright, ..."

I downloaded an app called Digital Editions for those books. Now I just read them on my phone.

message 24: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments Michelle wrote: "Tiffany wrote: "My goal for April is to read enough to where I can use one post lol."

Hahaha that's the spirit!! I truly envy your shelf (and at the same I'm happy I don't have it --no offense), h..."

No offense taken at all. I have a lot of trouble sleeping so I do a lot of Molly praying and reading during those hours. But, sometimes when I log onto netgalley to post a review, I get distracted and start looking at what’s available and then I end up applying for so many. I still have a lot pending, too. As far as how I pick, I look to see what will work for other challenges or I pick an author I particularly like, or just choose the next on the list, starting from the ones I’ve had the longest.

message 25: by Alysa (last edited Apr 04, 2018 07:07AM) (new)

Alysa H. | 3645 comments I've been a NG member for 4 years and 1 month. In the first year or two, I probably requested a lot more stuff. Now I think I'm a little more discerning. For the most part.

It still feels like an endless battle. But... if getting more books is losing, then I DON'T WANT TO WIN. :D

message 27: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

I think I requested this a while ago and got the approval today. Another one to add :o
The Nowhere Child by Christian White

message 28: by Yzabel (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 160 comments ...Ahd now I'm getting approved for books I requested 2 months ago and had completely forgotten... Hahaha.

message 29: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments Yzabel wrote: "...Ahd now I'm getting approved for books I requested 2 months ago and had completely forgotten... Hahaha."

Me too! lol

message 30: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Finished one!
The Frontman by Ron Bahar
review

message 31: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3645 comments And me!

Draekora (The Medoran Chronicles, #3) by Lynette Noni
(review)

I am so behind on other reviews otherwise though. I will try to take time during this "designated" Review Weekend :)

message 32: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3277 comments I finally finished a book this month and haven't even reviewed it yet, so what do I do? I go and get The Summer Children (The Collector, #3) by Dot Hutchison that's what I do. smh lol

message 34: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3645 comments I didn’t get any reviewing done this weekend, oh well. I can actually write them more easily during the week anyway, when I am at my desk at work, so my goal is to do a little each day and be totally caught up by Friday :)

message 35: by Alysa (last edited Apr 16, 2018 12:30PM) (new)

message 36: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

well done Alyssa :)

message 37: by Alysa (last edited Apr 18, 2018 02:11PM) (new)

Alysa H. | 3645 comments Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "well done Alyssa :)"

Thanks! I am on a roll!

NetGalley Review

A Short History of Drunkenness How, Why, Where, and When Humankind Has Gotten Merry from the Stone Age to the Present by Mark Forsyth
review

ETA:
Proof of Lies (Anastasia Phoenix, #1) by Diana Rodriguez Wallach review

Aaaaaand, my first DNF of the month...
Snakewood by Adrian Selby review

message 38: by Kristie (last edited Apr 19, 2018 03:40PM) (new)

Kristie | 3277 comments Heading the wrong way... I just got The Widow's Watcher by Eliza Maxwell

Hopefully, I'll end up at least even this month. lol At least this one wasn't in a series this time.

message 39: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3645 comments NetGalley Review

Rare Books Uncovered True Stories of Fantastic Finds in Unlikely Places by Rebecca Rego Barry
review

Only 2 reviews behind now, though I suspect it'll be 3 or 4 by the end of the weekend. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

message 40: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3277 comments NetGalley Review

Finished one more!

Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage

Baby Teeth review

message 41: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

This was reviewed in the paper and sounded great so I requested it, and received it today

The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland

So I absolutely have to try and read another NetGalley book before the end of this month :o

message 42: by Yzabel (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 160 comments It's so, so hard not requesting as many books (or more!) as I read... Must... make... efforts!

message 43: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 735 comments Noticed when I logged in today that I got a new badge!

100 Book Reviews

message 44: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3645 comments Melanie wrote: "Noticed when I logged in today that I got a new badge!"

Nice! I got the 200-Review badge a long time ago, but don't recall ever having a 100-Review badge before that. It is prettier :D

I just wrote one more review:
Magicians Impossible by Brad Abraham
review

I am still 3 reviews behind, plus the book I'm reading now, but I don't think I'll read any more NGs this month after that so I will probably catch up.
But then, I have three other books that aren't NGs that I'm supposed to read under an early-may deadline... Eek!

message 45: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3277 comments Congrats, Melanie!!

message 46: by Michelle (last edited Apr 26, 2018 12:19PM) (new)

Michelle | 465 comments Have you guys seen the "I will not be giving feedback on this title" section? It includes DNF and Archived Prior to Downloand and File Problems and I feel like I'm gonna cry cause it's so beautiful. :D

message 47: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Marin (tiffers919) | 102 comments I’m really not enjoying The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll . I don’t want to dnf it but I don’t want to keep reading either.

message 48: by Melanie (last edited Apr 26, 2018 01:02PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 735 comments Michelle wrote: "Have you guys seen the "I will not be giving feedback on this title" section? It includes DNF and Archived Prior to Downloand and File Problems and I feel like I'm gonna cry cause it's so beautiful..."

I've seen it but won't be using it as any books you use it for won't be counted towards your ratio.

message 49: by Alysa (new)

Alysa H. | 3645 comments Melanie wrote: "I've seen it but won't be using it as any books you use it for won't be counted towards your ratio."

I noticed that too. And most of us take our feedback ratio pretty seriously, so that is a problem.

I think... I don't plan to use the "I will not be giving feedback" option for DNFs if the reason for DNF is because the book sucked. I mean, really, some diplomatic way of stating "This book sucked and therefore I could not even finish it" is legitimate feedback that publishers would probably like to know!

I might use it for one of those other reasons though!

message 50: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3277 comments I thought the same thing, Alysa! If the book is terrible, that's not my fault. I will probably just write a negative review and state in the review that I was unable to finish the book because it was so bad and give the reasons why and what I thought was so bad about it.

I would use that 'I will not give feedback' section if I am not reviewing a book and it is my fault. For example, I've had books on my shelf for ever, then sent a note to the publisher saying sorry, I'm not going to read it, I'm just not interested anymore. In that case, it's totally on me and it should affect my ratio.

« previous 1