Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Stormed Fortress (Wars of Light and Shadow, #8)
This topic is about Stormed Fortress
Wurts - Wars of L&S & More > Stormed Fortress [Sept 23, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 63 (63 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Later

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments When are we staring this?

message 3: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments I'm still here guys, not giving up....

WE FOUND A HOUSE! Now all the background checks have to go through, and then we can hopefully move on the 3rd of November... I might not be as active as I live amid cardboard boxes weeping because I've just got TOO MUCH STUFF! But, I'm reading whenever I can.

I'm about halfway through Traitor's Knot and halfway through Hell's Chasm. I hope to finish both of those at some point by next Sunday. That gives me 7 days!

Feel free to start this, I should catch up now that I'm no longer flailing about.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments That's great Olivia!

But neither Daniel nor Choko seem to want to start sooner so I'll wait for you. We can all read it together. One more week shouldn't make that much of a difference. :)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Edit to my last comment:

Daniel and I will be starting this on Friday. But we'll stay on the thread for any who start later.

message 6: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 6742 comments I am so sorry I have been dragging behind... I just can't manage my time at all these days...

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Well it’s exciting. There haven’t been any new comments in the Hells Chasm thread for several days.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments @Sandra - Yes. I agree. Olivia and Daniel are still reading and I feel a bit stupid highjacking that thread 😎 💣💥to smother everyone with long comments so I'm bottling it up and working on a review to show why that's THE BOOK 💕💖 for me. :D
Are you starting Stormed Fortress with Daniel and I tomorrow also?

@Choko - take your time lovely, I'll still keep a watch on the thread even after I'm done and will be ready to rant or gush with you as you read. :)

message 9: by Sandra (last edited Oct 04, 2018 06:39PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments @Laura - yes I’ll be with you!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Sandra wrote: "@Laura - yes I’ll be with you!"

Thank you! 😘

message 11: by Laura (last edited Oct 05, 2018 05:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 1 - I don't think I would have been able to do that in his place.

(view spoiler)

It was pretty great of the man to do what he did. And I'm a little ashamed to say that I would have barred my fangs and brought out my claws in his place. 😾👿 (shhh - don't tell anyone cause I won't admit to it! 🤫🤫🤫)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I forgot Sulfin Evend - Is he right?
(view spoiler)

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments 10% is still 10%. Lysaer made a decision to lie back at the beginning. He doesn’t fight it. He doesn’t even whole heartedly believe it’s a curse. Think of what Arithon went thru in the maze. He’s still got some groveling to do.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Yes. Very true. But still after (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments I also forgot to mention about Arithon. I loved the way (view spoiler)

I've read up to chapter 4 but didn't have time to make my update or post the comments. I'll do that this evening.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 2

Donkey, donkey!! Where are you?!
I'll give you a big carot if you kick those 2!

And please make it a big nice kick, for them to really feel it.

(view spoiler)

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments @ Laura - yes, Arithon does make you think about what is right, darn it lol! And amen about Jeynsa and Fionn Areth!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Sandra wrote: "@ Laura - yes, Arithon does make you think about what is right, darn it lol! And amen about Jeynsa and Fionn Areth!"

Good to know I'm not the only one feeling that way about those 2. :)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 3 - SAY WHAT?!?! 😖😡🤬

(view spoiler)
That being said, I have a very strong feeling shit's just about to royally hit the fan.

message 20: by Laura (last edited Oct 07, 2018 06:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 4 😱😨

But... but... you just said... GOOD GRIEF!! ... BUT YOU JUST SAID (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 5 - Holy Shit! I did NOT see that coming!

(view spoiler)

message 22: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments Thanks for the patience and sorry for lagging behind!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments That's ok Olivia. Daniel was supposed to start this with me but he didn't either.
I am reading it with Sandra and keep on going with 2 or 3 chapters a day. But, as I said, I'll stay on the thread even later. And I think Sandra will too.

You're gonna love this one. It's fantastic. Break-neck pace and so many reveals and unexpected stuff. I'm waiting to hear your thoughts on it.

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 4 😱😨

But... but... you just said... GOOD GRIEF!! ... BUT YOU JUST SAID that only the sentries who shot down the messenger were guilty and that the innocent shouldn't be allowed to suffer f..."

Oh, I know! 😢😭😱

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Yes, this book is something else! One heartbreaker after another with the occasional breath of relief and/or joy.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Sandra wrote: "Yes, this book is something else! One heartbreaker after another with the occasional breath of relief and/or joy."

Very true!

I also wanted to ask because I am not sure I got the hint in the right way. There was a mention at one time that (view spoiler)
Did you also understand the same?

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Laura wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Yes, this book is something else! One heartbreaker after another with the occasional breath of relief and/or joy."

Very true!

I also wanted to ask because I am not sure I got the h..."

(view spoiler)

message 28: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1073 comments Thank you, Laura, I appreciate it so much... feel a bit like letting you down, but it's a really stressful month and I'm terrible at focusing on books when stressed and tend to turn to Netflix. I was 9 books ahead at the beginning of September for my GR goal... all gone lol

I can't wait to get to this and share my thoughts!

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments 👍🏻

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments @Olivia - it's ok. Really. You take care and sort stuff out. This one is great! I think you're gonna love it. 😊

@Sandra - I had actually not been aware that (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapters 6 and 7 - My Oh My
(view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 8 'Serves the damned idiot right!
Because the numb nuts doesn't know how to stay still or keep quiet. He seriously needs a filter magically installed between his brain and mouth. Though he seems to be lacking in that department also.

I was laughing so hard at the beginning of the chapter because of the bleating billy-goat's misfortunes! 😂🤣😃(view spoiler)

But the next minute my heart was between my teeth because WTF?!! 😢😰😱 (view spoiler)

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Laura wrote: "@Olivia - it's ok. Really. You take care and sort stuff out. This one is great! I think you're gonna love it. 😊

@Sandra - I had actually not been aware that [spoilers removed]"

It’s because of his mage skills.

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 8 'Serves the damned idiot right!
Because the numb nuts doesn't know how to stay still or keep quiet. He seriously needs a filter magically installed between his brain and mouth. Though he ..."

Oh I know! 😭

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Sandra wrote: "Laura wrote: "@Olivia - it's ok. Really. You take care and sort stuff out. This one is great! I think you're gonna love it. 😊

@Sandra - I had actually not been aware that [spoilers removed]"

It’s..."

Ah! That makes sense now. Thank you. I hadn't thought of that. Kept digging far under and missing what was right in front of me.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 9 left me ... shell-shocked?! Speechless?! Openmouthed?! Horrified?!
That...that...(view spoiler)😔😔😭

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments The end part of Chapter 9 almost broke my heart because (view spoiler)

And then Chapter 10 - the way (view spoiler) That was so amazingly beautiful!
And then the old hag has to stick her claws in it and (view spoiler)

And then the end of the chapter came and
HOLY FRIGGING SHIRT!!!
(view spoiler)
I sure as hell didn't see THAT coming!!
And now I think he'll (view spoiler) I need to keep reading to find out.

message 38: by Sandra (last edited Oct 12, 2018 07:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments I told you so! Ha! Great book! (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Yes you did!! :) And it is awesome!
I am also not sure about that, but perhaps between the two of us we'll get to the bottom of it.

Do you know the difference between (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 11

You Old Hag

(view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments End of chapter 11

I am really worried now for (view spoiler)

I could do a happy dance here because (view spoiler)

I am also intrigued about (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chapter 12

You have got to be kidding me!!!
(view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Same chapter 12

I could do a happy dance because (view spoiler)

I am intrigued about the (view spoiler)

And there close to the end 🤩🤩🤩
(view spoiler)
Kharadmon, you rock! 😘😘

But then the last sentence came and I couldn't stop reading. I normally give a break between chapters but this time it was impossible. Because my heart did a double take and I simply needed to know (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Beginning of chapter 13 - I am crying!

(view spoiler)
😭😭😭😭😭😭

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 11

You Old Hag
THE PRIME gave the skulls to Raiett!!!! The Prime wanted the great drake to take revenge or a new grimward to appear. The old hag wanted the destruction!!! She was counting ..."

(view spoiler)

message 46: by Sandra (last edited Oct 14, 2018 03:22PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Laura wrote: "Chapter 12

You have got to be kidding me!!

😂😂😂

message 47: by Sandra (last edited Oct 14, 2018 03:19PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Laura wrote: "Beginning of chapter 13 - I am crying!

Oh yes, that was tragic and had me crying also!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Regarding Morriel (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Up to the end of Chapter 13

Sulfin Evend - (view spoiler)
Oh buzz off buster!! Your sense of justice sucks!

I hate the way everything is twisted for convenience in a war. Our side is good and the other bad. Whatever we do is good and just and however they retaliate is bad. Justice is mangled to serve the purpose and everyone cheers for it.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6216 comments Chaper 14 - Oh boy!! The kicks just keep coming! And everything seems to be on the straight way to hell!

(view spoiler)

« previous 1