Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Traitor's Knot (Wars of Light & Shadow, #7)
This topic is about Traitor's Knot
Wurts - Wars of L&S & More > Traitor's Knot [August 15, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-50 of 169 (169 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Ying-yang.

Daniel | 1536 comments Hmmm well if ying-yang is Paravian for I am in, then Ying-yang!

message 3: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 7164 comments Spot!

Paige L. Christie (paigelchristie) | 3 comments Hello humans! Looking forward to this because from here the series just doesn't let up! Whoohoo!

Daniel | 1536 comments Hello Humans indeed!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments hi everyone! :)

Should we start with this one?

I know I asked you guys to wait untilafter the 20th because I'll be travelling but it looks like my plans have been cancelled - by the worst floods in more than a century over here in Kerala.
No - I am not joking!
We are stuck inside with water everywhere and half the state under water. Airport is shut down as well as most of the roads (being under water and all that).

The good part in all this - I have time to read now. :D
(cause I can't really find anything else good about the whole damn situation - *sigh*)

So let me know when you all want to start and I'll start along with you.

Daniel | 1536 comments Well that sounds worse than awful. Stay safe. I am all in for starting...

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Daniel wrote: "Well that sounds worse than awful. Stay safe. I am all in for starting..."

Thank you Daniel. It is really awful. :(

I'll wait for the 'Ready Set Go' signal from you guys and start it too.

message 9: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 7164 comments Laura, that is horrible! I am so sorry! Do you need anything we could help with? If you think of anything, just let us know... Keep safe and our thoughts are with you!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Thank you Choko! 😘😘😘
I'm good. We hope everything will be back to as normal as possible in a few days time.

People here are helping each other a lot with food and places to stay for those whose houses are under water. Relief camps are set up in lots of places and everyone pitches in to help supply them. Everyone is working together to help and that is really great.

Olivia (vinjii) | 1080 comments Oh that sounds horrible :( I can start on Monday.

message 12: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 7164 comments Laura, are you close to the sea, or are you in the more mountainous region?

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments Goodness! I turn around and it’s the 20th!

Daniel | 1536 comments Temps fugit

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Should we start this everyone?

Daniel | 1536 comments Started yesterday 😁

Olivia (vinjii) | 1080 comments Sure, I'll read chapter 1 and 2 tomorrow when I get up :) This is always my 'morning, first coffee' read, since then my brain is fresh.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Starting in the morning also.

Any thoughts on it till now Daniel? At what chapter are you?

And is anyone considering Janny's short stories? I'd like to read those too. Does anyone want to BR them with me?

Daniel | 1536 comments I could do the short stories. Read the first two sets last night, LOTS of stuff going on! Reading the next two sets tomorrow-then two per day for five more days....

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I'll try to catch up. :)

When do you want us to read the short stories? After the ens of this book?

Daniel | 1536 comments Um sure that is fine. Are they all contained in one place-let me know which ones..

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Not sure about that. Could you please ask Janny. I think they come separately.

I just know I want to read them for the extra info on the series.

Daniel | 1536 comments Janny gave a very detailed answer in the QnA. It seems the stories are each in different anthologies and/or one-offs. One of the stories is to be read after Stormed Fortress.

message 24: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 7164 comments I want to read them too!

Daniel | 1536 comments The more the merrier

Olivia (vinjii) | 1080 comments Ah! That summary at the beginning of the Kindle edition is amazing!

message 27: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 7164 comments I know! I loved it too! And our shepard boy really needs to learn when to keep his mouth shut... He is just so naive!

Daniel | 1536 comments Fionn is a major wanker

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments He is right! 😁

And Dakar is so getting a taste of his own medicine from the little shepperd boy.
Remember how he was the one always causing trouble for Asandir or Arithon before?! Now it's his turn to get it.

Daniel | 1536 comments Yeah Dakar still irritates me. I don’t mind Fionn sticking his finger in Dakar’s eye...lol

Olivia (vinjii) | 1080 comments Oh yes. That boy. I want to strangle him for throwing book long tantrums. I can take a few chapters of tantrums. But he’s learned nothing in an entire book. I hope a donkey kicks him in the balls.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments And I'm joining you on that Olivia.
Stubborn like a donkey of sheer stupidity at times and completely lacking a brain to mouth filter. At least that's how I see him for now. And a good kick in the balls may be just the right thing to set that boy on the right track.

It pisses me off that he keeps thinking only about himself with a total disregard of everyone else.

Daniel | 1536 comments Olivia wrote: "Oh yes. That boy. I want to strangle him for throwing book long tantrums. I can take a few chapters of tantrums. But he’s learned nothing in an entire book. I hope a donkey kicks him in the balls."
I had just taken a sip of coffee and sprayed it all over my computer screen when you both were wishing for a mule kick to the nuts! A good laugh is a great way to start the day.

The horrendous evil that is occurring with Lysaer isn't so funny...

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Yeah! That stuff gave me the creeps! It was so dark and all-out bad that I almost felt sorry for him.
And then I shouted out loud: 'I told you so you damn idiot!!! That's your cration that's biting you in the butt.'

P.S. - That's a great way to start a day Daniel. 😁

message 35: by Laura (last edited Aug 23, 2018 06:19AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments From the first 2 chapters

I didn't see that coming. AT ALL!
yikes! I wouldn't have wished that on him. It's horrible!

And Sulfin Evend - say again?! He's getting (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments In chapter 2 did you guys find it right that Lysaer (view spoiler)
I found that sick. Not that I side with the mayor cause he's also not a very decent fellow. But still... It was a pretty messed up thing to do.

message 37: by Daniel (last edited Aug 23, 2018 08:06AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Daniel | 1536 comments @Laura well it depends on whether you think his behavior fits into the feudal system of government or if he is just being an ass....since Lysaer is always an ass....lol.
I actually have started to like Sulfin Evend!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I'm with being an ass this time around.

And I've started to like Sulfin Evend from the time he realised the Exalted wasn't really so high and mighty. He keeps growing on me and I have to admit I never would have thought I'll end up liking him after my Jieret....
Wrong again huh!

Daniel | 1536 comments Yeah seems to be the norm with this series! Sulfin is very likable all of a sudden.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments What really pissed me off in Chapter 2
Lysaer's reaction to (view spoiler)

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments I wouldn't say all of a sudden. The changes started to occur slowly and at snail pace. One little thing after another and added in such small increments that it makes you all of a sudden realise that - well, the guy isn't that bad anymore.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments Chapter 3
Hell yeah!!! Go s'Brydion clan!

The stripling soooo got what he deserved!!! This was way better than a donkey kick in the balls. 😂🤣

(view spoiler)
I am so adding this to my update!

And then the prandey pissed me off again. Just when I was starting to feel a bit sorry for him. Because he has to say that (view spoiler)

Right now I wouldn't be at all sorry if someone pinned his liver on a wall for a trophy. Damned idiot.

Daniel | 1536 comments Wow remind me to never ever piss you off! Yes Fionn is fickle, fiendish, and foolhardy to say the least.

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments 🤣😂I'll remind you!!

Daniel | 1536 comments 🤗🤗

message 46: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 7164 comments Exactly my feelings about the "stripling "! I am having a really hard time not wishing a horrible death on him! I cad deal with a lot, but willful stupidly is not one of those things!!!

Daniel | 1536 comments Young dumb and full of ......stupidity

message 48: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 7164 comments Ha😀😀😀

Sandra  (sleo) | 179 comments 😂😂😂 I am laughing reading this, began smiling at the way we get seduced into liking Sulfin Evend then a full belly laugh at your reactions to Fionn! Totally agree. I found him hard to empathize with because he’s so frickin’ stupid!

Laura (lauradragonchild) | 6217 comments You said it girl!!! 😊😊

« previous 1 3 4