What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Pact
This topic is about The Pact
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Mystery fiction book jumps back and forth between present day and nazi Germany, parents die in mysterious crash. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments This book starts out with three teens or young adults finding out their parents were killed in a crash. I believe it was a plane crash, and the teens/young adults weren't all related but friends. They agreed to be there for each other like their parents would have been.
The book switches back and forth between present day and nazi Germany. When it's not covering the lives of the three, now adults. It covers the lives of a Jewish family. I can't remember a lot about the family or what happened to them. But I do remember their art was stolen or lost.
In present day the friends have moved away front each other but kept their pact to each other. One has kids and a bad drug problem. The other two team up to help her detox. And I think they eventually fall in love?
Eventually the three adults realize their parents death wasn't an accident and their lives are in danger too. It all ties in together but I don't really remember how.
I read this book in 2006-2007 when it was recommended by a friend. He doesn't remember recommending it though. Lol

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Jessica, is this book for teens (young adults) or older adults?

What's the present-day location?

message 3: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments Kris, I believe it's for older adults because of the drug use and I believe there was a sexual relationship between two characters... A bit steamy if I'm remembering correctly. And I don't remember present days location. I always thought the name of the book was the pact... But after googling that's obviously not correct.

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 3 comments I JUST FOUND IT! IT IS CALLED THE PACT but it's not the first two that pop up on Google. Lol. It doesn't pop up anywhere on Google until u look at the shopping section. Lol. It's by Hilary Norman if I've peaked anyone's interest. Thank you

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34332 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Jessica. Here's the link - The Pact by Hilary Norman.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Pact (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Hilary Norman (other topics)