Sci-fi and Heroic Fantasy discussion

Just for Fun > March Madness 2018, SF&F Style, semi-final round

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The semi-finals round of our March Madness Tournament of Characters is now open for you to vote on your favorite SF&F characters! The survivors return to the arena, eager to begin:

Vote for your favorite characters:
Favorite SF&F Characters, semi-final round

So, get voting, and I'll collect the results Monday (April 2). May the force be with you.

(Note: Since we're down to just 4 competitors per bracket, I've combined both brackets into a single poll, Movie & TV first, Literary second.)

The brackets so far:
Tourney of SF&F Literary Characters
Tourney of SF&F Media & TV Characters

message 2: by [deleted user] (last edited Apr 02, 2018 06:22PM) (new)

OK, the semi-finals are complete.

Buffy slays a Jedi (making him more powerful than you can imaging), old age & guile triumphs over youth and enthusiasm in the Wizard's dual, Illogical Solo sneaks by, and Tyrion scores another regicide.

You can check out the updated brackets now:
Tourney of SF&F Literary Characters
Tourney of SF&F Media & TV Characters

The Finals begin tomorrow, as soon as the minions are done cleaning the arena (using seltzer and lemon.)

message 3: by Cat (new)

Cat | 343 comments Going to be honest, don't think I would have ever picked a show down between Han Solo and Buffy....

message 4: by Roger (new)

Roger Cat wrote: "Going to be honest, don't think I would have ever picked a show down between Han Solo and Buffy...."

I'm pretty surprised Buffy beat out Yoda, not going to lie.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Roger wrote: "I'm pretty surprised Buffy beat out Yoda, not going to lie."

Yeah. I didn't know Kristy Swanson had that many fans.

message 6: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 2471 comments I am very surprised Buffy made it this far (even though I voted for her at least in one bracket if not more), it really depends on who each character goes up against, if the top favorites are put up against each other and so knock each other out of the running, the lesser favorites could be lucky and sneak through if up against some lesser known characters. Guess that's what happened here

RJ - Slayer of Trolls (hawk5391yahoocom) G33z3r wrote: "Roger wrote: "I'm pretty surprised Buffy beat out Yoda, not going to lie."

Yeah. I didn't know Kristy Swanson had that many fans."

I liked her in Ferris Bueller.