Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
This topic is about A Game of Thrones
A Game of Thrones > Catelyn VI - Sansa III

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riley (last edited Mar 29, 2018 07:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss the sixth Catelyn chapter through the third Sansa chapter of A Game of Thrones. Page numbers for these chapters can be found on this site. Please keep conversation to this chapter.

If you have not read this section, beware of spoilers!

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
GAH SANSA IS SO ANNOYING IN THE EARLY PARTS OF THIS SERIES. I swear she's such a whiny brat. But I guess that's how pre-teen girls act, so at least it's realistic? Really loved the trial by combat scene with Bron & Tyrion. I really enjoy their friendship. I also love that we're getting more of a glimpse into Tyrion's upbringing and his relationship with his father. Again, very limited Dany in this section which is the worst, but loving that she's really embracing her role as Khaleesi. She's my favorite character in the series and I'm excited to see her story line develop!

message 3: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria Rudebeck | 7 comments My favorite character in the series is Arya. I like that she is different and not affraid to be herself. Sansa is also annoying me...

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
Maria wrote: "My favorite character in the series is Arya. I like that she is different and not affraid to be herself. Sansa is also annoying me..."
Yas! I love Arya. She's my favorite along with Dany.

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
Riley wrote: "GAH SANSA IS SO ANNOYING IN THE EARLY PARTS OF THIS SERIES. I swear she's such a whiny brat. But I guess that's how pre-teen girls act, so at least it's realistic? Really loved the trial by combat ..."

Agreed. I just really can't stand Sansa right now. She's so whiny and so caught up in the material side of being betrothed to a prince that she doesn't see how evil the Lannisters are. I don't like how easily she chooses them over her family either. Like ok, I get Arya is probably annoying as a little sister but still. They are sisters so Sansa should stick up for Arya more. That's kind of a major part of being the older sister and all. Ugh, I just really want to reach into the book and shake Sansa. Well maybe give her a Gibb's smack upside her head too.

I love Dany and Arya and watching them grow as characters. I want more chapters from their POV.

Belle Lumiere (bellelumiere) | 25 comments Mod
I agree that Sansa is an annoying little cow at the moment, but I also think that she's being well portrayed as a tween who is getting caught up in all of the fancy affairs and dinners, and of course her sweet Prince Joffrey

* G A G *

I'm loving the Tyrion parts of the story, mostly because I always have a bit of a chuckle at his one-liners. I've been picturing the moon door and the whole "making people fly", and it's giving me anxiety about heights just thinking about it.

I love the way Martin writes on food. He's so descriptive and the food all sounds so amazing. I really want a lemon cake, or some kind of honey drizzled meat and mead, lol.