Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
This topic is about A Game of Thrones
A Game of Thrones > Bran IV - Eddard VIII

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riley (last edited Mar 29, 2018 07:42AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss the fourth Bran chapter through the eighth Eddard chapter of A Game of Thrones. Page numbers for these chapters can be found on this site. Please keep conversation to this chapter.

If you have not read this section, beware of spoilers!

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
As Petyr Baelish mentioned at the very end of this section, the cracks are definitely starting to show! We're seeing King Robert's crazy side a lot more in this section, and we're seeing more and more distrust between the characters, as well as a lot of naivete, especially among the Stark clan. The tension is building and I LOVE IT.

I love that we're seeing Arya start to become the true badass that she's meant to be in this section as well. Love her!

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
I love Arya! She is really coming into her own as a character. I'm still not liking Lady Stark, Sansa and the Lannisters (except Tyrion).
There is so much tension and things are unraveling all over the place. If things keep going at this pace I'll fly through the last half of this book.
Also, ew they ate the poor horse! That was hard to read.

Belle Lumiere (bellelumiere) | 25 comments Mod
I'm loving Arya's character development, and I love that she just does not give a f*ck about societal norms or what is expected of her. I also love that Eddard is so supportive of her, and so obviously loves her and all of his children.

I'm enjoying the dynamic between Catelyn and Tyrion, his thoughts about his cunning being one of his greatest gifts and how she had outsmarted him was funny to me. Love a strong female matriarch!

All of the alluding to "the bastard" and "the book" is coming a lot earlier in the book series than I had anticipated... Interesting to see how this plays out, and what is revealed and when.