Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1)
This topic is about A Game of Thrones
A Game of Thrones > Tyrion II - Daenerys III

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riley (last edited Mar 29, 2018 07:41AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This thread is to discuss the second Tyrion chapter through the third Daenerys chapter of A Game of Thrones. Page numbers for these chapters can be found on this site. Please keep conversation to this chapter.

If you have not read this section, beware of spoilers!

Gahhh so many good parts in this section. Catelyn travelling to King's Landing to intercept Ned <3 I'm excited Lord Varys and Petyr Baelish are finally introduced - such interesting characters! Tyrion and Jon's relationship is something I love reading. And omg yes Dany finally putting her brother in his place! Love that she's taking on the Khaleesi role like a BOSS. Also, the age difference in the books vs. the show is really interesting to contemplate. 14 years old and a pregnant queen... so strange that was commonplace centuries ago!

Belle Lumiere (bellelumiere) | 25 comments Mod
I'm so glad that this book is so easy to read, when I sit down to read the allocated reading I find that I'm flying through it!

This section didn't have nearly enough Dany for me, I'm finding her chapters to be my favourite.

I love reading about the night's watch and picturing the wall in my head (although I can't get the scene from last season's finale out of my head - no spoilers though!), and reading about Jon and Tyrion's friendship warms my cold dead heart.

I felt so much rage at the Lady scene, HOW DARE and now I officially hate the Lannisters (except Tyrion of course). It only took a few chapters but here we are.

message 4: by Riley (last edited May 30, 2018 06:56AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Belle wrote: "I'm so glad that this book is so easy to read, when I sit down to read the allocated reading I find that I'm flying through it!

This section didn't have nearly enough Dany for me, I'm finding her ..."

RIP Lady :'(

Andrea (booksandscribbles) | 32 comments Mod
So much hate for those Lannisters! Except Tyrion. he's the only honest one.
I want more Dany. Still kinda icked out over her being so young but I love how she is coming into her own.
I'm still not a fan of Lady Stark and now I am not a fan of Sansa either.

Kira (shelfloving) | 19 comments This book continues to be such an easy read! Why was I so scared to pick it up?

Ugh Sansa... why did you have to lie. If she told the truth maybe poor Lady would have been spared. Or would that have just brought out Cersei's wrath faster and more forceful on the Stark family?

I hate Robert, the King. HATE HIM. If he would grow a backbone none of this would be happening. Useless pile of dung.