What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Sweet Fortune
This topic is about Sweet Fortune
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Romance some mystery/thriller elements heroine worked as a psychic's assistant. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ashley (last edited Mar 29, 2018 09:28PM) (new)

Ashley Tan | 6 comments Hi! I was wondering if anyone can help with the title of the book that I'm looking for? I remember some random scenes and stuff from it but I don't think it's going to be very comprehensive. (><)

1) the book is set in modern times and the main female character (MFC) comes from a prominent family (with a family business which she doesn't work in) but she's the oddball in the family in that she keeps changing jobs because she keeps getting fired.

2) the main male character (MMC) is a business man who is out for revenge against the MFC's family. He maneuvered things so that the MFC's family business will fail.

3) the 2 eventually met and the MMC was persuaded to undo whatever he did to the family business (by joining the company). However, he had a hard time doing that as he planned for the entire thing to be without loopholes.

4) the MFC works as a psychic's assistant. I believe the book opens in a hospital. The psychic was pushed down the stairs (I think) and was trying to tell the MFC that she had lost her (psychic) sight.

5) the MFC eventually did something to draw a lot of attention to the psychic's shop and was fired. The psychic wanted to keep her shop small and low-key.

6) the MMC was also at some point fired from the family business. I remember this scene where he was in shock because he had never been fired before. The MFC was like 'I'm an expert in this. Follow my lead. First we celebrate by getting drunk' or something along those lines.

7) the MFC also has a very interesting family. The dad was twice divorced and the (ex) wives were so similar that they became great friends. Anything anyone from this extended family wanted from the dad, they sent the MFC to talk to him as she's like the buffer or something. The MMC hates this as he thought they were taking advantage of the MFC.

That's all I remember. I'm sorry it's so garbled.

Thank you very much!

Edit: I think the last scene of the book is the MMC telling the MFC's dad (the MMC got rehired I think?) that he's going home even though it was relatively early (like 5pm or something). The MMC said that it's the MFC's rule to go home early. (The dad was a workaholic and the MFC didn't want that for herself).

Thank you very much!

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34456 comments Mod
Ashley, why does the hero want revenge?

Can you describe the female psychic the heroine works for (e.g., age, personality, how they met, why they work together)?

message 3: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Tan | 6 comments Kris wrote: "Ashley, why does the hero want revenge?

Can you describe the female psychic the heroine works for (e.g., age, personality, how they met, why they work together)?"

Hi Kris, thank you very much for your reply!

I can't remember why the hero wants revenge. I think it's something like the dad destroyed his (or maybe someone close to him) business?

All I can remember about the psychic is that she's an older lady (maybe 40s, 50s?)

message 4: by Teri-K (last edited Aug 05, 2018 07:07PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teri-K | 301 comments I just read this one! It's Sweet Fortune by Jayne Ann Krentz. :)

And you described it really well. Though the hero is using the heroine's family to get revenge on someone else. Other than that you remembered it perfectly.

message 5: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Tan | 6 comments @Teri-K thank you very much! :)

Teri-K | 301 comments Ashley wrote: "@Teri-K thank you very much! :)"

It's always fun to be able to help. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sweet Fortune (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jayne Ann Krentz (other topics)