Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

General > Can you finish a series?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1864 comments Mod
I don't know why, but lately I have had a multitude of series or trilogies come out with their final book and I just can't bring myself to read them. I loved the series and I've read books one and two of the trilogies, but I just don't seem to feel interested in reading that final book. I don't know if subconsciously I just don't want to see them end or if I just seem to have lost interest. I must admit I have read many trilogies where I kind of wish they had just been a single book, book one was a fine complete story by itself and books two and three just are not as good as book one was. Have you ever had this happen? Why? What did you do about it?

message 2: by Jill (new)

Jill | 1 comments I've never really lost interest in a series but I have definitely delayed finishing a final book because I don't want it to be over.

Seems kind of silly but sometimes I'm just not ready to leave a world or characters and by holding off on the book it keeps me there longer. Also if I know, just know, that something bad is going to happen or a character I love is going to die or something like that I've put off reading it although I logically know I can't stop it from happening!

message 3: by Karen M (new)

Karen M | 418 comments I've been working on finishing all the series I'm reading (approx 62) and so far I'm up to date with one. I caught myself, while at the library, reaching for a book that I wanted to read the series and had to mentally slap my hand and remind myself "no, no, no"! LOL

Erin *Proud Book Hoarder* (erinpaperbackstash) I love series so I usually finish them without issue. The only exception is...if I don't like them much :)

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments I have several on my shelf from different series that I haven't gotten to. I am not sure if I am losing interest or what is keeping me from picking them up. The last one I did this with I loved once I started reading it.

I must just be in a series funk.