Of Wonderland Book Club discussion

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Simonverse, #1)
This topic is about Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
April - BOOKS WITH MOVIES > Buddy read: Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new) - rated it 4 stars

Inge (omgitsinge) | 1361 comments Mod
Europe is still waiting anxiously, but the US is falling head over heels with Love, Simon. This is clear from the results of our poll, in which you have chosen to buddy read Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda.

This will be a reread for me. What about you? Do you love Simon?

Please keep spoilers under spoiler tags! You can do this by typing
< spoiler>SPOILER HERE< /spoiler> and removing the spaces. Thank you. ♥

lucie (arey) I read the book few months ago and I have finished it within day but it was just an okay read for me. My GR feed is full of five stars ratings and I hope you all will love the book :)
But I cannot wait to watch the movie!

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I'll be listening to the audiobook and I'm hoping I'll like it (I don't usually read contemporary books)

message 4: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new) - rated it 4 stars

Has anyone been able to go and see the movie yet?

Mel (Epic Reading) (mel-epicreading) I started reading this one last week (as it has to go back to the library) and I think it’s the very first teen book I have felt much too old for (I’m 35). I’m at 80% done or so.
I’m not totally sure what has made it different but I think it’s the simplicity of the writing (and that I knew who the mysterious Blue was really early on).
Very interested to see what others think!!

message 6: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mel (Epic Reading) wrote: "I started reading this one last week (as it has to go back to the library) and I think it’s the very first teen book I have felt much too old for (I’m 35). I’m at 80% done or so.
I’m not totally s..."

I was going to ask about this - did everyone guess who Blue was? I figured it out as soon as his character was mentioned and I agree with Mel that it kind of took away from my enjoyment.

But I read this book 3 years ago so I am going to read it again for this discussion. ^_^

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I'm about a quarter of the way in and I'm enjoying it, but not loving it. Like Mel, I might be a bit too old (37) for this kind of story. (I think that's why I didn't like To All the Boys I've Loved Before.

I think I know who Blue might be, but I'm not sure at all.

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I'm actually enjoying this more than I thought I would. And I don't think I know who Blue is after all...

lucie (arey) Inge wrote: "I was going to ask about this - did everyone guess who Blue was?"

I did, although later in the book

Natulcien_reads | 257 comments I finished it two days ago and I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought. And it turns out I had absolutely no idea who Blue was... I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the fact that I listened to the audiobook.

message 11: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new) - rated it 4 stars

Natulcien wrote: "I finished it two days ago and I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought. And it turns out I had absolutely no idea who Blue was... I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the fact that I..."

I'm glad you ended up liking it better! I'm starting my read as soon as I finish To Kill a Kingdom.

message 12: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new) - rated it 4 stars

I finally picked it up yesterday and I've already read the first 100 pages! I'm liking it more than last time actually. ^_^

message 13: by Inge, Mad Hatter (new) - rated it 4 stars

And I've finished! How's everyone else doing?