What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Dragon Shifter; has different dimensions. In the first dimension a maiden line is set up so the dragon can choose whatever maiden he wants. The dragons choose a mate every so many years.

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Seals | 4 comments This book is a series and it has different dimensions. In the first dimension a maiden line is set up so the dragon can choose whatever maiden he wants. The dragons choose a mate every so many years. The girl he chooses does not want to be chosen of course. She grows to love him. She finds that all his servants are mute because to be in his dimension the humans are cured of illness at the cost of their voice. they choose to become this way to cure themselves. in the end she turns into a dragon herself and he has found his true mate.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Seals | 4 comments O please help me I am going INSANE.

message 3: by Skyler (new)

Skyler Klee (variegatedspoonie) Pit Dragon Trilogy?

message 4: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33244 comments Mod
The Pit Dragon Trilogy by Jane Yolen - first book is Dragon's Blood - Mads' suggestion

Please note you can bump your thread (post a comment) every 30+ days - or sooner if you remember more information - because this group is so large.

message 5: by Debra (new)

Debra Firestone | 121 comments It's not The Pit Dragon Trilogy. I'm familiar with that series and it's not the book. I wish I did know what it was, it sounds interesting.

message 6: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Seals | 4 comments No its not it but that sounds like a great book to read.

message 7: by Courtney (new)

Courtney Seals | 4 comments I also remembered she get kidnapped by one of the other dragon shifters...I would really love to read this book and the trilogy again.

message 8: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Travis (Trawen) | 17 comments I remember this series. In another they go to the Earth deminsion. Sorry I don't remember title or the author but I do know that I got it from the Daniel Boone Regional Library. It has been several years. You can look at their catalog without a library card. Dbrl.org. if it's still there you can get the title and author. Hope this helps. Wendy

message 9: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Wendy wrote: "I remember this series. In another they go to the Earth deminsion. Sorry I don't remember title or the author but I do know that I got it from the Daniel Boone Regional Library. It has been several..."

Hey, neat! I used to live in Columbia!

To keep this on topic, this isn't the Anne McCaffrey's Dragonriders of Pern, is it? I haven't read any of the books in the series yet, so I don't know how similar (or dissimilar) they are. But anytime I see a question about a dragon series, that's the first thing to come to mind.

message 10: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Travis (Trawen) | 17 comments G. A. Aiken has a dragon shifter series that is good but it's not the one you are looking for. It's more comedic than the one you are looking for. El, I've been here for about 30 years off and on.

message 11: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Colene (nikkicolene) | 67 comments I'm curious to know what book this is. I would read it.

message 12: by Amy*skye.rhyme (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments Courtney wrote: "This book is a series and it has different dimensions. In the first dimension a maiden line is set up so the dragon can choose whatever maiden he wants. The dragons choose a mate every so many year..."

These two have at least a couple plot points that match, but it may be a stretch. I haven't read the 1st one at all, but I have read a few from the Bianca D'arc series. It's worth a guess?!?

Dragons Live Forever (Fire Chronicles #4) by D'Elen McClain Dragons Live Forever by D'Elen McClain (Fire Chronicles #4)

Maiden Flight (Dragon Knights Book 1) by Bianca D'Arc Maiden Flight by Bianca D'arc (Dragon Knights #1)

message 13: by Amy*skye.rhyme (last edited May 01, 2019 12:21PM) (new)

Amy*skye.rhyme | 184 comments I'm pretty sure this one IS your book, even though I haven't read it myself. I was browsing reviewer comments about it and found references to childhood sickness that is healed when the girls become servants and losing the ability to talk is the tradeoff. Some of the girls have learned sign-language.

Dragons Live Forever (Fire Chronicles #4) by D'Elen McClain Dragons Live Forever by D'Elen McClain
(Fire Chronicles #4)

message 14: by MJ (new)

MJ | 1338 comments I agree with Amy. D'Elen McClain series.

Check out Dragons Don't Cry by D'Elen McClain

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2...

That's the first book in that series, I never got past that one, so I don't know if they are all the same, but your description is spot on for book1.