Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Archives (maybe Revisit) > Earth Day -Read-A-Thon

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31133 comments Mod

April 22 is Earth day and what better day to host our 1st Read- A- Thon of 2018 than on Earth Day? Get comfy, grab your favorite snacks and get ready to READ! Happy Earth Day.

Duration: April 22, 2018 8am to April 23, 2018 8am (24 hours)

☀Participants commit to a read-as-much-as-you-can-day
1. No minimum or maximum time required
2. You can set a page/book goal if you want

☀Keep us updated on your progress! Every few hours (as long as it doesn't interfere with your reading), post a status update on how the reading is going.

Fun Challenges!!
---Can you start (finishing is optional) a book that begins with any of the letters in the words EARTH DAY?
---Since its Earth Day are any of your reading options earth friendly options? (borrowed from the library, audio books, e format)

Mini Challenges!! TBA

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Apr 22, 2018 06:20PM) (new)

Logo Design by FlamingText.com

Mini challenges are optional. Do one, do all, pick and choose which you want to do to give yourself a break from reading!

☀Which part of the world are you reading from?
What book(s) do you hope to finish today?
Are you sitting in your favorite nook?
Favorite book snacks?
Yay or nay to more read-a- thons?

☀Its a "Green" kind of day; find us 5 covers on your TBR that are more than 50% green. Share and post them here.

☀Using books on your TBR shelf spell -out "Earth Day".

☀What is your favorite book (so far) of 2018? May include up to 3 books. Share and post your picks.

☀Check out another participant's TBR and grab not one but two books to add to your TBR. Share and post your picks!

☀Are you any good at puzzles? Try out this mini Earth Day puzzle to give yourself a tiny reading break.

☀Using books on your TBR shelf spell out your favorite Earth Day word. May use your own words that are not on the list.
(view spoiler)

☀Using books on your TBR shelf make a rainbow with the covers of your book. (ROYGBIV or be creative!) Must have ONE green cover.

☀ Are your eyes getting tired? Need a short break? Try your mad wordsearch skills with this short Earth Day wordseach puzzle.

☀Sometimes I get sooo lost in the books that I am reading especially if its about my favorite book boyfriend. Tell us all about your favorite book boyfriend. (or girlfriend)
Optional... spell out his( or her) name with your titles on your TBR.

☀Need another mini break? How about complete this short mini Earth Day slider puzzle! You can do it!

☀Do you judge a book by a cover? Show us 3 of your favorite book covers. What makes them your favorite covers? Share and post.

message 4: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 5: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Reserved

message 6: by Laura (last edited Apr 23, 2018 07:38AM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Sunday is my reading day anyway... I 'm in. Who is joining me? I know I can't read for the whole 24 hours but I can probably get a good half a day or more!!

Love Agnieszka's format so hoping she doesn't mind if I "borrow " it!

Earth Day-Read-A-Thon
Duration: 4/22/18 8am to 4/23/18 8am (24 hours)
Reading time: 7 hr 15 mins
Books finished: 1
Books started: 2
Books continued: 1
Pages read: 477 pages + 28% + 95.5%

Hammered (The Iron Druid Chronicles, #3) by Kevin Hearne by Kevin Hearne
Starting at : chapter 3; 9%
9%-28%=19%
ebook
Ghost Story (The Dresden Files, #13) by Jim Butcher Jim Butcher
1-477 pages=finished
borrowed from library

Lick (Stage Dive, #1) by Kylie Scott by Kylie Scott
read; 95.5%
ebook

message 7: by Sunshine (last edited Apr 23, 2018 02:30AM) (new)

Sunshine (sunshine22222) | 803 comments I’m in

80% completed
Forgiving Thayne (True Mates #2) by J.R. Loveless Forgiving Thayne

message 8: by Kristie (last edited Apr 22, 2018 06:03PM) (new)

Kristie | 3279 comments Not sure if I can join on that day or not yet, but I hope to. Just wanted to mention that this ends on April 23rd, which is World Book Day. :)

Reading:
The Broken Girls
Start: page 68
End: 169

Mini Challenges:
Reading from Virginia, USA

I'm not planning to finish any, but I want to make progress on The Broken Girls and The Whispering Room.

I'm currently reading in bed. :) I plan to make my way down to the couch in a bit, but it's nice and quiet up here right now.

Favorite book snacks?
Hmmm...I don't know what I'll snack on today. I don't have a favorite book snack and I went out for breakfast this morning, so I'm not hungry at all at the moment. I may have some hot mocha cocoa later this evening. I've been doing that quite a bit over the winter and it's almost too late in the season to continue.

Definitely yay!

☀Its a "Green" kind of day; find us 5 covers on your TBR that are more than 50% green. Share and post them here.

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Burying the Honeysuckle Girls by Emily Carpenter Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

E- Emma in the Night
A- The Alice Network
R- Roses of May
T- This is How It Always Is
H- Half of a Yellow Sun

D- Deadly Secrets
A- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
Y- The Yard

☀What is your favorite book (so far) of 2018? May include up to 3 books. Share and post your picks.
Tough one, maybe...Force of Nature. I've had quite few 4★ reads this year and they're all pretty equal to me.

message 9: by Q (new)

Q | 27 comments I'm
in!

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 465 comments I'm in (:

Avid Reader and Geek Girl (avidreaderandgeekgirl) | 245 comments I'm in!

message 12: by Diane (new)

Diane Shea (diane_shea) | 1 comments I'll try my best. I have surgery scheduled for April 23. I might be up all night anyway!

message 13: by Samantha (last edited Apr 21, 2018 02:01PM) (new)

Samantha Harvey (missymaysreadingnook) | 795 comments I'm in :) I love read-a-thons! <3 We'll see what I get to. Sundays are my busiest days.

Reading List
Red Rising
Sins of a Duke
The Diviners
Say Cheese and Die!

message 14: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome everyone! Challenge posts are updated HERE

Best of luck Diane, wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks Kristie! Maybe you will be able to join us for a little while:-)

message 15: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3279 comments Moderators of NBRC wrote: "Thanks Kristie! Maybe you will be able to join us for a little while:-)"

I certainly hope to! The 23rd is my birthday, so it just depends what our plans end up being for that weekend. Most likely I will have time available Sunday. :)

message 16: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3279 comments Diane wrote: "I'll try my best. I have surgery scheduled for April 23. I might be up all night anyway!"

Good luck with your surgery, Diane! I hope it isn't anything too serious.

message 17: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Kristie wrote: "Moderators of NBRC wrote: "Thanks Kristie! Maybe you will be able to join us for a little while:-)"

I certainly hope to! The 23rd is my birthday, so it just depends what our plans end up being for..."

Birthday plans are never complete without a little reading time! Happy very early birthday Kristie!

message 18: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3279 comments True! Thank you! :)

message 19: by Jammin Jenny (last edited Apr 21, 2018 06:38PM) (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4102 comments I'm in!

--Can you start (finishing is optional) a book that begins with any of the letters in the words EARTH DAY?
E
A
R
T
H
D
A
Y

---Since its Earth Day are any of your reading options earth friendly options? (borrowed from the library, audio books, e format)

☀Which part of the world are you reading from? Maryland USA
Favorite book snacks?
Yay or nay to more read-a- thons? Yay!

message 20: by Ashley M (last edited Apr 22, 2018 08:47PM) (new)

Ashley M  (read-a-hol-ic) | 762 comments No plans. I'm in.

Can you start (finishing is optional) a book that begins with any of the letters in the words EARTH DAY?
E
A
R
T
H
D- The Dancing Pancake 2:43 hours
A
Y

Since its Earth Day are any of your reading options earth friendly options? (borrowed from the library, audio books, e format)
I will be reading library books today. My favorite source.

Montana, United States

Ask Me How I Got Here and The Dancing Pancake. Red Butterfly would be a bonus.

I love reading in my grandma's old chair.

Favorite book snacks?
I don't really like to eat around books. When I take a break from reading, I like to have fruit.

Definitely yay.

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 546 comments I'm in.
Happy birthday Kristie.
Good luck with your surgery Diane. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

message 22: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Jenny, Ashley & Jessica!

Your challenge posts are updated HERE

message 23: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3279 comments Jessica wrote: "I'm in.
Happy birthday Kristie.
Good luck with your surgery Diane. Wishing you a speedy recovery."

Thanks, Jessica!

message 24: by Katherine (last edited Apr 25, 2018 08:50AM) (new)

Katherine | 298 comments Earth Day -Read-A-Thon

22nd April:
❤️ Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief - 384 pages
❤️ Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Graphic Novel - 23 pages
❤️ The Hound of the Baskervilles - 256 pages
❤️ Hey, Class President!, Volume 01 - 200 pages
❤️ Carry on My Wayward Servant - 124 pages
❤️ The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl & The Great Lakes Avengers (G.L.A. - 100 pages

23rd April:
❤️ Jane Austen: The Complete Collection - 732 pages

Book's Read:
Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson, #1) by Rick Riordan Pride and Prejudice and Zombies The Graphic Novel by Seth Grahame-Smith The Hound of the Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Doyle Hey, Class President!, Volume 01 by Kaori Monchi The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl & The Great Lakes Avengers (G.L.A. (2005)) by Steve Ditko

message 25: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Katherine!

message 26: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 854 comments Perfect time to try and read more.

message 27: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Natasha!

All challenge posts are updated HERE

message 28: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Sarah!

Your challenge post is updated HERE

message 29: by Cheryl (last edited Apr 22, 2018 01:55PM) (new)

Cheryl | 905 comments I will be excited to participate. I expect to get in 12 hours of reading.

I got a later start on the read-a-thon than I expected to. I still believe that I will get in 12 hours of reading. Finished my first book for the day. Can you get much stranger that Neil Gaiman? Feel like I am reading someone's nightmares.

Book #1 finished
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

Off to a cozy mystery, The Lady in the Attic

message 30: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Apr 11, 2018 05:48PM) (new)

Cheryl wrote: "I will be excited to participate. I expect to get in 12 hours of reading."

Nice Cheryl! Welcome! Its getting closer!

Your challenge post is updated HERE

message 31: by Agnieszka (last edited Apr 23, 2018 06:38AM) (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 213 comments I'm in. I hope to read again more than 350 pages :-)

Earth Day-Read-A-Thon
Duration:
4/22/18 8am to 4/23/18 8am (24 hours)
Reading time: 12 hours 45 minutes
Pages read: 450

Started:
Die Eleganz Des Igels=The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery DNF (113)
Die blaue Liste by Wolfgang Schorlau lit. translation: The Blue List (108)
The Life and Times of Jesus: From His Earthly Beginnings to the Sermon on the Mount by Michael J. Ruszala (20)

Finished:
Błękitny Zamek=The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery (75)
Das Kreuz und die Messerhelden=The Cross and the Switchblade by David Wilkerson (75)

Continued:
Das Lächeln des Killers=Seduction in Death by J.D. Robb (59)

Mini Challenges:
Can you start (finishing is optional) a book that begins with any of the letters in the words EARTH DAY?
E - Die Eleganz Des Igels=The Elegance of the Hedgehog by Muriel Barbery started (Die is one of German articles)
R - Der Report der Magd=The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood continued

Since its Earth Day are any of your reading options earth friendly options? (borrowed from the library, audio books, e format) - Most of my paper books are older than 15 years - apart from those my library is selling because people are no more interested in them. More than 90 % of my owned books are ebooks :-)

Which part of the world are you reading from? Germany
What book(s) do you hope to finish today? Błękitny Zamek=The Blue Castle, and one or two of the short books I need this month for my various challenges
Are you sitting in your favorite nook? Unfortunatelly not, I love to read in my bed but since I spent most of the last two days in bed with migraine I had to change position so my back stops hurting
Favorite book snacks? usually grapes (preferably red) but not this time, I think I have a last bag of cranberries in dark chocolade (unfortunatelly all my shops took them out of sale :-() and think today is a perfect day to treat myself
Yay or nay to more read-a- thons? Oh yes please! especially if they include mini challenges :-)

Its a "Green" kind of day; find us 5 covers on your TBR that are more than 50% green. Share and post them here. (all from my favorite shelf and rated 5* or 6*)
Sidetracked by Brandilyn Collins Daffodils in Spring by Pamela Morsi Angels Fall by Nora Roberts Understanding Suffering A Short Book Making Sense of a Big Topic by Kent Locke Christina Rosenthal by Jeffrey Archer

Using books on your TBR shelf spell -out "Earth Day". (all from my favorite shelf and rated 5* or 6*)
E: The Apple of My Eye
A: At the Edge of a Dark Forest
R: Riptide
T: Turn On the Light So I Can Hear
H: His Forever Valentine
D: Driving Miss Daisy
A: The Allure of Julian Lefray
Y: Young, William Paul: Die Hütte - Ein Wochenende mit Gott=The Shack

What is your favorite book (so far) of 2018? May include up to 3 books. Share and post your picks. My last three 6* books (got this year extremely many of those and per chance all three are German originals I would most likely never read/listen to if I didn't need them for a challenge):
Unter Fremden by Jutta Profijt 6* 4/9/18 (274) lit. translation: Among Strangers - my favorite German author - most of her books are translated into English though not this one (yet)
Alles ist gut.: Sechzehn sehr kurze Geschichten, in denen gar nichts gut ist by Diego Bernardini 6* 4/20/18 (32) - lit. transl: All's well: Sixteen very short stories where nothing is well
110 - Ein Bulle hört zu: Aus der Notrufzentrale der Polizei by Cid Jonas Gutenrath 6* 4/14/18 (200 - estimated) lit. translation: 110 (German emergency number) - A Cop (or Pig - sorry it's the author's decision to use this word) Listens: From Police' Emergency Call Center

Check out another participant's TBR and grab not one but two books to add to your TBR. Share and post your picks!
From Laura's TBR: Before We Were Yours by Lisa Wingate The Woman in the Window by A.J. Finn The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah

Are you any good at puzzles? Try out this mini Earth Day puzzle to give yourself a tiny reading break.
I love puzzle of almost any kind :-)
preview

Using books on your TBR shelf spell out your favorite Earth Day word. May use your own words that are not on the list. (all from my favorite shelf and rated 5* or 6*)
R: Risky Shot
E: Even Now / Ever After
C: Cabin by the Lake
Y: Yvonne Harris: The Vigilante's Bride
C: Chasing Ivan
L: Love Letters
I: I Can't But Jesus Can: Experiencing the Power of Surrender
N: No Safe Haven
G: Gator Bait

Using books on your TBR shelf make a rainbow with the covers of your book. (ROYGBIV or be creative!) Must have ONE green cover. (all from my favorite shelf and rated 5* or 6*)
Special Agent Francesca (Undercover FBI #1) by Mimi Barbour When the Smoke Clears (Deadly Reunions #1) by Lynette Eason The Allure of Dean Harper (The Allure, #2) by R.S. Grey Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn True Conviction (Adrian Hell, #1) by James P. Sumner Dziewczę z sadu by L.M. Montgomery When a Heart Stops (Deadly Reunions, #2) by Lynette Eason Christina Rosenthal by Jeffrey Archer My Sister's Grave (Tracy Crosswhite #1) by Robert Dugoni Die Hütte - Ein Wochenende mit Gott by William Paul Young The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey Vanished (Callahan & McLane #1) by Kendra Elliot Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3) by Kendra Elliot Gut gegen Nordwind (Gut gegen Nordwind, #1) by Daniel Glattauer Web of Deceit (Agents Under Fire) by Susan Sleeman Fantasy in Death (In Death, #30) by J.D. Robb All Fired Up (DreamMakers, #1) by Vivian Arend Alone (Bone Secrets, #4) by Kendra Elliot Secrets Collide (Bluegrass Brothers, #5) by Kathleen Brooks His Forever Valentine (Holiday Mail Order Brides #3) by Kit Morgan

Are your eyes getting tired? Need a short break? Try your mad wordsearch skills with this short Earth Day wordseach puzzle. Cool :-)

Sometimes I get sooo lost in the books that I am reading especially if its about my favorite book boyfriend. Tell us all about your favorite book boyfriend. (or girlfriend)
Optional... spell out his( or her) name with your titles on your TBR. That's a tough one: I think I have to name two since they are pretty much in a different way both my favorites: Roarke (In Death series) & Ahmed (Bluegrass Universe - especially the Bluegrass Brothers series)

Need another mini break? How about complete this short mini Earth Day slider puzzle! You can do it! Nice - looks like I'm out of practice :-)

Do you judge a book by a cover? Show us 3 of your favorite book covers. What makes them your favorite covers? Share and post.

message 32: by Megan ♡ (new)

Megan ♡ (shelley101) | 87 comments Gonna give this a shot - my last Uni assignment is due in on the 19th so it's the perfect opportunity to catch up on the reading I've missed out on :)

message 33: by Elesa (new)

Elesa Lesperance | 10 comments I'm in

message 34: by Beth (last edited Apr 23, 2018 12:03AM) (new)

Beth | 503 comments I'm in

reading The Man in the High Castle
pages: 212 - 274 finished! (10:16 pm) = 59 pages finished!
Poems by John Keats on audio - 1 hr, 23 min
The Lifecycle of Software Objects finished just before midnight, 80 pages

message 35: by Cátia (new)

Cátia  Pereira | 22 comments I'm in;)

message 36: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome to the Earth Day challenge; Agnieszka, Megan, Elesa, Beth & Cátia!!

Your challenge posts are updated HERE

message 37: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Sunday is just around the corner!
Earth Day Read a Thon will soon be here. I 'm getting excited.

message 38: by Agnieszka (new)

Agnieszka (agnieszka7) | 213 comments Kristie wrote: "Moderators of NBRC wrote: "Thanks Kristie! Maybe you will be able to join us for a little while:-)"

I certainly hope to! The 23rd is my birthday, so it just depends what our plans end up being for..."

Happy Birthday Kristie!

message 39: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Apr 21, 2018 06:13PM) (new)

Its April 22nd in some parts of the world. So for those of you participating, mini challenges are posted HERE. ( message 3) More mini challenges will be posted. Have fun, minis are optional. Don't forget, we want to hear how you did at the end of your RAT!!

message 40: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3279 comments Aw, thanks, Agnieszka!

message 41: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Good Morning Readers!!!!

It's 9 AM around here, prefect time to grab a book and read while sipping morning coffee.

Need a break? Or want something fun?

Mini-Challenges message updated.

message 42: by Laura (new)

Laura | 9707 comments Good morning everyone! It's 8:04 am here; I'm half awake and I'm ready to start reading! I am starting with Hammered by Kevin Hearne.
Happy Earth day to you all!!

message 43: by Jammin Jenny (new)

Jammin Jenny (jamminjenny) | 4102 comments Good morning Earth! Happy Earth Day to you!

I've been up all night - my daughter is on the late shift - so I'm going to read a little of Little House - and then take a nap!!

message 44: by Devann (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2708 comments We'll see how much reading I actually get done today bc I've been feeling pretty scatterbrained for the past few days, but it's 8am and I'm up so let's go lol

message 45: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3279 comments I am planning to make some progress on two books books today, The Broken Girls, which is a library book, and The Whispering Room, which I have on Kindle and audio. I'll be back to answer some mini-challenge questions in a questions in a while. Happy Earth Day everyone! Have fun with your read-a-thon! :)

message 46: by Laura (last edited Apr 22, 2018 06:33AM) (new)

Laura | 9707 comments I'm taking a break ( I know... already! My book wasn't keeping me interested... I 'm going to switch) and going to give a few of these minis a try!

Canada

I didn't have a plan but I have another Harry Dresden book beside me that I'm going to start and hopefully finish! I 've been making my way through the series.

I am sitting on the couch which is where I do the majority of my reading!

Favorite book snacks?
Usually cookies. Its too early for that; I did have a bowl of cereal.

Yay to more read- a- thons!

I used titles on my TBR that I want to read.
E- Everything Here Is Beautiful by Mira T. Lee
A- Aftermath by Kelley Armstrong
R- Restore Me (Shatter Me, #4) by Tahereh Mafi
T- The Queen of the Tearling (The Queen of the Tearling, #1) by Erika Johansen
H- Her Every Fear by Peter Swanson

D- Deadly Descent (Bagram Special Ops, #1) by Kaylea Cross
A- A Thousand Pieces of You (Firebird, #1) by Claudia Gray
Y- You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith took lots of searching in the TBR!

Also Known As (Also Known As, #1) by Robin Benway
Abandon by Blake Crouch
The Book of Life (All Souls Trilogy, #3) by Deborah Harkness
The Revenge of Seven (Lorien Legacies, #5) by Pittacus Lore
Deal Breaker (Myron Bolitar #1) by Harlan Coben

message 47: by Devann (last edited Apr 22, 2018 06:27PM) (new)

Devann (devannm) | 2708 comments I'm gonna go ahead and do some mini-challenges as well. And I guess make this my official post that I'll come back edit throughout the day.

MINI CHALLENGES

Which part of the world are you reading from? Indiana, USA
What book(s) do you hope to finish today? I doubt I will actually finish any 'real' books today but I'm hoping to read Watson and Holmes - A Study In Black and possibly Giant Days, Vol. 5 depending on how I feel
Are you sitting in your favorite nook? I am laying on the couch and my cat is laying on my legs, both of us in our natural habitat
Favorite book snacks? I don't really eat while I read soooo ...idk. Maybe popcorn?
Yay or nay to more read-a- thons? I've only ever done the DEAR one earlier this month and now this one. I like them in theory but then also it seems like once I say 'ok you have to read a lot today' then I don't actually get as much reading done as I normally would. But it's fun to see what everyone else is doing

Its a "Green" kind of day; find us 5 covers on your TBR that are more than 50% green. Share and post them here.
Apparently green is the least used book cover color ever [except probably yellow?] because again I went through my entire tbr of over 600 books and pretty much only found these six.

Hanna Halfblood A YA fantasy tale by Robyn Wideman River of Teeth (River of Teeth, #1) by Sarah Gailey Caller of Bones (Curse the Stars, #1) by Logan Keys The Ritual (The Coven Unleashed #1) by Adelaide Walsh Ice Crypt (Mermaids of Eriana Kwai, #2) by Tiana Warner Lost Gods by Brom

Using books on your TBR shelf spell -out "Earth Day".
I literally had to scroll through 600 books to find one that began with the letter Y but I did it!

E - Evil Rises
A - Antigoddess
R - Rex Rogue And The League Of Teenage Supervillains
T - This Is Our Story
H - Howl's Moving Castle

D - The Demon's Lexicon
A - Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
Y - Young Forever

What is your favorite book (so far) of 2018? May include up to 3 books. Share and post your picks.
I've read so many good ones already but I think I'm gonna have to go with The Changeling, Runemarks, and Beauty Queens

Using books on your TBR shelf spell out your favorite Earth Day word. May use your own words that are not on the list.

R - Rat Queens, Vol. 1: Sass & Sorcery
E - The Emperor's Edge
U - Unseen Forces
S - Sweet Venom
E - Eight Days of Luke

------------------------------

DAILY READING

Read 65 pages of Mercy by Michelle Larkin. This satisfies my requirement of reading 60-70 pages of an ARC book each day.

Finished Watson and Holmes - A Study In Black: 144 pages

Read 44 pages of Chicks in Chainmail. It's definitely above average as far as anthologies go, but I still usually just like to read a few stories at a time.

Read 13% of Grey Sister, which is about 52 pages apparently, although seems like it should have been more ...

Read Giant Days, Vol. 5: 112 pages

Re-read 29% of Moonshine, which is about 98 pages. definitely could have just read this book all day and finished it but I like to try to keep my re-reads slow.

Total book pages: 259
Total comic pages: 256

message 48: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited Apr 22, 2018 08:25AM) (new)

Hey, Hey everyone! Doing great. Up for another mini?

How about this one?
☀Using books on your TBR shelf make a rainbow with the covers of your book. (ROYGBIV or be creative!) Must have ONE green cover.

Mini challenges updated HERE

message 49: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3279 comments Mini Challenges:

Reading from Virginia, USA

I'm not planning to finish any, but I want to make progress on The Broken Girls and The Whispering Room.

I'm currently reading in bed. :) I plan to make my way down to the couch in a bit, but it's nice and quiet up here right now.

Favorite book snacks?
Hmmm...I don't know what I'll snack on today. I don't have a favorite book snack and I went out for breakfast this morning, so I'm not hungry at all at the moment. I may have some hot mocha cocoa later this evening. I've been doing that quite a bit over the winter and it's almost too late in the season to continue.

Definitely yay!

Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass, #3) by Sarah J. Maas Burying the Honeysuckle Girls by Emily Carpenter Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell Secret Daughter by Shilpi Somaya Gowda The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

E- Emma in the Night
A- The Alice Network
R- Roses of May
T- This is How It Always Is
H- Half of a Yellow Sun

D- Deadly Secrets
A- All the Ugly and Wonderful Things
Y- The Yard

Tough one, maybe...Force of Nature. I've had quite few 4★ reads this year and they're all pretty equal to me.

I'll update my main post with these and come back to do a few more later. :)

message 50: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Welcome Devann!!

« previous 1