Play Book Tag discussion

Night  (The Night Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Night
March 2018: Autobiography > Night, by Elie Wiesel - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

JoLene (trvl2mtns) | 1532 comments Cross posted for Decathlon

This is the true story of Elie Wiesel's childhood being shuttled around various concentration camps in Poland and Germany. It is heart-breaking to think about what happened to so many people. However, it is uplifting to see that Wiesel turned those experiences into something positive and eventually won a Nobel Peace Prize. The edition that I listened to had his acceptance speech as well as some additional materials to support his life's work.

This should be required reading!

message 2: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8854 comments I agree.

Jason Oliver | 2063 comments I read it in 9th grade honors literature and I remember we discussed nonchalance. I kissed a day of school. came back and they were using that word. Never learned what it meant that year. I just went along like I understood.

message 4: by Rachel (new)

Rachel I love this novel. It is so beautiful but at the same time heartwrenching as you go through Wisel's personal battle with his faith. I read in highschool, and a lot of his messages continue to stick with me to this day.

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1365 comments Agreed that this should be required reading.