Best Slow Burn Romances (Mariana Zapata is our Queen) discussion

Books by Mariana Zapata > Discussions about MZ's books

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Colleen (new)

Colleen | 2 comments I’m Colleen

I am a big fan of Mariana Zapata novels.
I just finished Dear Aaron and for the first time I am
Disappointed and confused!
The epilogue came up before I thought the story had played out.
The epilogue was confusing. Where were they exactly?
She is complaining about “ one more year” but then he is bringing her medicine and take-out that evening?

One other thing: her mother texts her in Fla obsessively-
Why doesn’t Aaron just call her And move the story along
Sigh- I really am disappointed in this one :(

message 2: by Jayana (new)

Jayana (agentjay007) | 35 comments Mod
Yeah I feel ya. Dear Aaron was by far the most disappointing book.
But latest book is really good, you should check it out.

message 3: by Lou Lou (new)

Lou Lou | 9 comments I have done all of MZ's books via Audible and I've listened to Dear Aaron 3 times in the past 2 years partially because the narrators were amazing. Aaaaaahhhhhh, Aaron. :)

Sue ~girls who don't read are skanks~  | 1 comments I have read all of MZ's books except of Lingus (just not interested in the story judging by the blurp) Then I realized this weekend that I have never read rhythm chord and malykhin either. I completely missed it. I was wondering how it compares to her other books such as Kulti, Wall of Winnipeg, Luna and the lie and such... I love MZ's slow burn romance and was wondering if rhythm chord and malykhin is similar. Thanks!

message 5: by Lou Lou (new)

Lou Lou | 9 comments If you like her books, you'll love both Lingus and Rhythm. I've read both twice. LOVE!

message 6: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 8 comments Hi girls
I'm new in this group and I'm Italian, so my English is very bad, sorry.
I just read "wait for it"
very good book!

But I have one question about a toolbox, I hope you can clear me:

"He was staring, really staring, down at my toolbox. And as furious as his expression had been when I told him about my ex, it was nothing compared to the one that he had right then.
What was wrong with my box?
I toed it, glancing back and forth between it and him, not understanding. “It was my brother’s. I kept it after we sold most of his stuff, but it made me too sad and my best friend painted it for me. I thought it was fun. They look like those Giga Pets I used to have when I was a kid,” I explained. “They’re puppies. Who doesn’t like puppies?”
The exhaled, “Jesus fucking Christ,” had me frowning at Dallas.
I watched as both his hands went up to his head and he cupped each side of his skull, interlacing his fingers at the top.
“What is it?” I asked, suddenly getting a little frustrated at his reaction.
He didn’t seem to hear me as he sighed, the sound distraught and almost furious.
“What the hell did I do?” I asked him, not understanding but wanting to.
Dallas was still focused on the toolbox when he answered me, his voice thick and strained. “I can’t do this tonight, Diana. I can’t fucking do this right now.”
“Do what?”
“You’re—” He closed his eyes and covered them with his palms for a moment before dropping his arms at his sides. He finally raised his gaze to mine, something in those hazel irises looking pained as he said, “I’ll help you build it. Don’t ask your dad. I just can’t do it right now. Okay?”
“That’s all right.” I took in his stricken features all over again. “Are you okay?"

Why is he furious? I didn't understand, Please help me!

message 7: by Daydreamer (new)

Daydreamer (musicale) | 2 comments Lucia wrote: "Hi girls
very good book!

"He ..."

Welcome Lucia. I think at this point in the story Dallas is still trying hard to not reveal his feelings. He's trying to resist her and keep his distance, but the toolbox is so typical of her. It is so sweet that it was her brother's yet she made it her own, by decorating it. So he is staring at it because he just can't believe that she did that to a man's toolbox. Yet he knows it's so her and that just adds to his frustration of keeping the distance. That's what I got from it anyway. Which of Mariana Zapata's books is your favorite?

message 8: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 8 comments Daydreamer thank you very much for your explanation, it makes sense.

I have not read much of the zapata yet it is only the third book, but so far my absolute favorite not only his but in general it is The wall of Winnipeg and me ( read in Italian).

I really would love to read the POV of Aiden, I can immagine that, but I would like to read it

message 9: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 8 comments Daydreamer what is your favorite book by this autor?

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachreads6) | 4 comments Hi everyone! I absolutely fell in love with MZ, my first read was Wall of Winnipeg and it honestly just got better. I've got to say my favourites have been With Love From Lukov which I swear I fell in love with their enemies-to-lovers trope and the ending was magical and also Under Locke because Iris was so lovely and Dex was the broody alpha that we all secretly love; their appearance in Kulti was also VERY sweet which is what made me read it in the first place.

I'm yet to read Lingus, Dear Aaron and The Best Thing just because the blurbs didn't really pull me in and the reviews, although good, the bad ones were especially bad. What did you all think of these three? Which ones would you recommend?

Thanks! Rachel :)

message 11: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachreads6) | 4 comments Sue ~girls who don't read are skanks~ wrote: "I have read all of MZ's books except of Lingus (just not interested in the story judging by the blurp) Then I realized this weekend that I have never read rhythm chord and malykhin either. I comple..."

Rhythm, Chord and Malykhin is one of her best in my opinion! It doesn't have the whole hatred thing going on really but Sacha is just as alpha as heroes like Aiden and Kulti. I'm partial to a rockstar romance but if you aren't too keen on that then I'm pretty sure you will still love it if you're a fan of MZ because it's a very similar writing style! What did you think of The Best Thing? I haven't read it but I'm curious about it!

message 12: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Quesada (booksbymyshelf) | 7 comments I've read all of her books and loved most of them. The Wall of Winnipeg and Me is my favorite, but I also love From Lukov with love, Wait for it, The best thing, and Kulti. Then there are the ones I liked but didn't become favorites: Lingus, Rhythm chord and Malykhin, Dear Aaron. And the ones that weren't for me but still finished because her slow burn is so addictive: Under Locke, and Luna and the Lie. I actually made a video talking about them all without spoilers, I also talk about which characters make appearances or are mentioned in which book since they're all kind of part of the same universe. Would anyone be interested in me sharing the link? (my videos are in Spanish but I always add English subtitles)

message 13: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 8 comments I'd look at your video with pleasure Mariana, also in Spanish.

message 14: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Quesada (booksbymyshelf) | 7 comments aw thanks! here it is:
https://youtu.be/2MIENckj23I

message 15: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 8 comments oh Mariana gracias!
it was a pleasure to see your video and get to know you a little. Beautiful ranking and the information you have given, congratulations.
Very interesting your ranking and reasons.

message 16: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Quesada (booksbymyshelf) | 7 comments thank you so much Lucia!

message 17: by Kara (new)

Kara (kat2929) | 1 comments Lucia wrote: "Hi girls
very good book!

"He ..."

Hello, I see some else responded but here’s a link to where Mariana talks about the toolbox in an earlier draft of the book :)

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1709998...

message 18: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 8 comments Thanks Kara

I requested registration :)

message 19: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 8 comments Kara thank you very much, now it is more clear.

Girls to join the group they asked me questions:
My favorite couple from the Zapata books;
and which character I would like to read a book, well maybe I'm strange but I was intrigued by Aiden's very bad agent, Trevor if I remenber.
And you?

message 20: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Quesada (booksbymyshelf) | 7 comments My favorite couple is Van and Aiden. And I'd love to see a book for Zack's romantic interest.

message 21: by Lucia (new)

Lucia | 8 comments Zac was Very kind, but too friendly for intrigue me.

message 22: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rachreads6) | 4 comments Mariana yes! I wanted to see more from Zack too I think there’s probably more than meets the eye with him. And it would be nice to see a little follow-up with Aiden and Vanessa.

message 23: by Mariana (new)

Mariana Quesada (booksbymyshelf) | 7 comments we're getting Zac's story!!!!

message 24: by Bárbara (new)

Bárbara Tega (babiflt) | 2 comments Mariana wrote: "we're getting Zac's story!!!!"

Wait, what?! really?

Best Slow Burn Romances (Mariana Zapata is our...

unread topics | mark unread