What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Fantasy | Kidnapped (elvish?) princess in a tower, walking in/past a garden of blue (?) flowers in the moonlight and understanding the Dark Lord who holds her captive| 3 lieutenants who have humanizing stories

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarani (new)

Sarani Rangarajan (nineran) | 1 comments I read this book in full between 2009 and 2012. It's maybe 300-700 pages? That's an unreliable count, but it is unlikely to be fewer pages. At the time, the book struck me as recently-written fantasy in terms of plot and language. Certainly not more than a couple dacades old. The parallel to Silmarillion from Morgoth's POV struck me about halfway, when they expanded on the story of one lieutenant, who is the General, who is with Evil because he killed his wife and his previous lord (thereby breaking oath) because they committed adultery or otherwise betrayed him first. The very end of the book has that lady in the garden scene and (view spoiler)

I'm sorry to be so sparse on details, but my brain keeps picturing her face, stepping out onto a balcony containing the garden of the dark tower, seeing the flowers and understanding something fundamental about the Dark Lord.

message 2: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Could it be one of the books by Elaine Cunningham, maybe part of the Harpers series?

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38241 comments Mod
Sarani, are you still looking for this or did you find it?

message 4: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 363 comments jacqueline Carey's The Sundering? (Also published as 2 books.)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Sundering (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elaine Cunningham (other topics)