Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

IR Author Discussion > Gisele Walko

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Monique (new)

Monique (mfh2161) | 103 comments Just a sad FYI: I found out today that Gisele Walko has died. She had been battling cancer off and on for a while.
She was such a sweet, funny woman...and one of the first to befriend me here.
I am going to miss her so much.

message 2: by Angel (new)

Angel | 20 comments Monique wrote: "Just a sad FYI: I found out today that Gisele Walko has died. She had been battling cancer off and on for a while.
She was such a sweet, funny woman...and one of the first to befriend me here.
I a..."

Oh, my God! I kept wondering what happened to her. She was one of the first to befriend me too. She was such a positive and upbeat person. She was a real friend. My heart goes out to her husband and her kids. She and I had things in common we shared through many conversations we had with each other here on Goodreads. She was such a funny and inspiring person. I am so sorry to hear that.

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Thank you for letting us know. May she RIP......

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments OMG she's one of my goodread's friends...She also used to be really active in this group. She will be missed for sure.

message 5: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1379 comments Oh that is so sad to hear. She was one of my GR friends as well. Always very nice to chat with and very engaged. May she rest in power.

message 6: by Michaela (new)

Michaela | 12 comments Oh, that makes my heart so sad. She was so sweet and friendly, always recommending books and discussing her books with me.

Gisèle Altagracia (giselealtagracia) | 229 comments Sad to read this. Goodbye Gisele, rest in power.

message 8: by Meka♥books (new)

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments My heart hurts to hear this news. Gisele had such a sweet spirit and fun disposition. Fly even higher friend. I will miss you.

message 9: by Erica (new)

Erica (makewishdreambig) | 50 comments I loved reading her books and comments. Such a wonderful person that will be missed.

DeeTimes' Reading Nook (cricket011) | 3226 comments This news was so sad to hear. I just assumed that she was busy working on another book.

She always communicated with her book friends and fans and gladly shared her thoughts about what she would be reading next and I thought that was quite rare in an author. We both loved reading Theodora Taylor's books so we would email each other back and forth on the strong women characters. Dang I miss her so much!!!!

Well if any person was to get wings, I know sweet Gisele earned hers. She will be missed!

RIP Gisele Walko!

message 12: by Tippit (new)

Tippit | 97 comments This is very sad to hear. My prayers and condolences to her family.
Wow.

Monica **can't read fast enough** (wwwgoodreadscomuser_monlat) | 895 comments Thanks so much for letting us know.

message 14: by Meka♥books (new)

Meka♥books (book143er) | 403 comments Here is another link the group can visit:

https://oklahomacitycremation.com/obi...

message 15: by Rosie (new)

Rosie | 839 comments As many of you, I got the opportunity to know Gisele on GR through our love of books and we struck up a friendship and I'm better for it.

When I think of Gisele, I think ... Wife. Mother. Author. Reader. Librarian. Friend. Sweeth♥art. Angel.

My condolences to her family. May she rest in peace.

message 16: by Alexis (new)

Alexis | 60 comments Oh no, she was so young! Such a lovely woman, so sad to hear. I hope her family is comforted by the memories and that they find peace soon.

message 17: by Jasean (new)

Jasean  | 5 comments She was so sweet! So friendly and welcoming. Her books were great as well. RIP Gisele... you will ve missed on GR

kittykat AKA Jo Tortitude | 122 comments So sad to hear this shocking news. Like so many others, she was far too young to leave this earth. RIP Gisele, and condolences and love to her family and friends.

message 19: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 87 comments Oh my gosh! I'm so sorry to hear that. She was also my Goodread friend as well. She was a sweet and caring person... She was
actually the very first person to friend me here. I also was wondering what happened to her. She was always active. I just thought life got in the way. As it sometimes does. Oh my goodness. My heart, prayers, and condolences goes out to her family. She will be missed.

message 20: by Flip (new)

Flip (flipmode) | 126 comments Oh no she was a friend we would take through email but getting caught up in my personal life i never paid attention. Damn this makes me sad i pray for her and her family. Rest Well my friend

message 21: by Teinevai (new)

Teinevai | 15 comments So saddened to learn of this. We first conversed through messages on here, she liked a review I wrote on one of her books. Months later she was kind enough to send me a copy of her latest book. Condolences to her family & friends - R.I.P Gisele.

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments This is really sad to hear my heart goes out to her family and to all of us that we're lucky enough to have known her, she will be missed but she will be here in our love for reading. May the stories she has left us with continue to thrive. Farewell friend.

message 23: by Monique (last edited Mar 30, 2018 09:31PM) (new)

Monique (mfh2161) | 103 comments ♡Meme♡Reads love♡ wrote: "This is really sad to hear my heart goes out to her family and to all of us that we're lucky enough to have known her, she will be missed but she will be here in our love for reading. May the stori..."

So true. She left behind a treasure of great reads.

message 24: by B. (new)

B. Buena | 21 comments Prayers to her family. She will continue to impact us and thousands more, however, through the stories she weaved and the worlds she created for her readers. Gisele, please rest in peace...and thank you.

message 25: by Anino (new)

Anino  (anino) | 773 comments I am so sorry to hear that! Gisele was such a sweet person and a talented writer... I'll be praying for her family.

message 26: by Monique (new)

Monique (mmlands18) | 2 comments OMG! I had been messaging her and had no idea she passed away. I feel awful. My deepest condolences to her family.

message 27: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Tetting (rebirthoflisa) | 9 comments Hi guys,

The one year anniversary of Gisele’s passing is coming on March 25th. In honor of her memory, I thought it would be good to get together and post stories about her on our blogs and share them also on social media. I am going to do a small tribute to her on mine, and would love for you all to do the same.

If you would like to join in the tribute, please comment back. When you post your tribute, please use #remembergisele If you post on social media please tag me as well. My handles on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest are @rebirthoflisa on Facebook my user name is Lisa W. Tetting.

Thanks for reading.

message 28: by Layeshia (new)

Layeshia (busybee9000) | 801 comments OMG 😮 I am just hearing about Gisele’s passing. So sorry to hear this. May she RIP. 😔

♡Meme♡Reads love♡ | 116 comments ❤️

message 30: by Monique (last edited Mar 20, 2019 07:52PM) (new)

Monique (mfh2161) | 103 comments This is a wonderful idea! I don't blog (but I am on Twitter), and I'd read and comment on everyone's tribute to Gisele!