What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Middle grade; girl who loves chocolate

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leonora (new)

Leonora (aliencat) | 7 comments i’m looking for a book that i am pretty sure has the word chocolate in the title, probably is some kid on list, like ‘__, ___, and Chocolate’ if that makes any sense. May be chocolate chips. it’s about a girl who is in middle school and she is obsessed with chocolate and carries it with her everywhere. Her friend is obsessed with the color blue and only wears blue clothes and eats blue food. i don’t remember the main plot but although i believe it involved letters, or some kind of list? but i remember the side plot which is that her grandmother who she lives with has dementia, and does dangerous things like leaving the stove on.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
When did you read it?

message 3: by Andria (new)

message 4: by Leonora (new)

Leonora (aliencat) | 7 comments i read it in 2009, and no thats not it

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6967 comments Mod
I thought that all middle grade girls were obsessed with chocolate. After all, there is a reason that the Aztecs and Incas called it the Food of the Gods, right?

message 6: by Juels (new)

Juels | 2476 comments live, love, and eat chocolate by Abby Irish?

I couldn't find much info on this book. Here is the description from another site:

When Amy and her family move to a new state, she quickly learns how much fun it is to be new-not! Everywhere Amy looks, she's surrounded by boys-stupid boys-including her own older brother, Rich.

Rich loves to torment Amy, and as soon as he makes new friends, Craig and Joel, in the neighborhood, he has an alliance within. Amy must endure their "friendship" in order to avoid being friendless and alone.

The thing about boys is they eventually grow up. And as Amy and Joel mature, their feelings for each other do too. The only problem is they never seem to like each other at the same time. One minute they are fast friends-or maybe a little more-and the next, they're sworn enemies.

Through the rollercoaster ride of high school and the trials of becoming an adult, Amy always has chocolate to get her through her day. Boys may come and go, but Hershey, Nestle, and See's are here to stay.

message 7: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39296 comments Mod
Leonora, are you still looking for this or did you find it?