Reader's Choice Book Club--Frisco Public Library discussion

My Brilliant Friend (The Neapolitan Novels #1)
This topic is about My Brilliant Friend
2018 Meetings > April 2018 - My Brilliant Friend

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Laura | 54 comments My Brilliant Friend (L'amica geniale #1)
by Elena Ferrante
3.89 · Rating details · 106,873 Ratings · 11,743 Reviews
A modern masterpiece from one of Italy's most acclaimed authors, My Brilliant Friend is a rich, intense and generous hearted story about two friends, Elena and Lila. Ferrante's inimitable style lends itself perfectly to a meticulous portrait of these two women that is also the story of a nation and a touching meditation on the nature of friendship. Through the lives of these two women, Ferrante tells the story of a neighbourhood, a city and a country as it is transformed in ways that, in turn, also transform the relationship between her two protagonists.

message 2: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela | 36 comments Hey. Unable to make to book club tonight. Having foot surgery in two days super busy getting things done. See y’all next month.

Laura | 54 comments Pamela wrote: "Hey. Unable to make to book club tonight. Having foot surgery in two days super busy getting things done. See y’all next month."

Hi Pam,
I hope everything goes well with the surgery! See you next month :)

Judy Yarborough | 7 comments Sweet Pam,

How are you now?

We missed your input in April. I wanted to like Our Brilliant Friend but have not managed to yet!

Don’t think I can come this month. Maybe we can all regather in June.

I’ve been reading some Sally Solare mysteries recently. They are set in CA with Italian menus and siciliano ingredients. You may enjoy them.

Dear Madam President is a good read, as well.

Happy Summer🍒

Laura | 54 comments Hi Judy,
We'll miss you at book club look forward to seeing you in June! Happy summer indeed! :)

message 6: by Pamela (new) - added it

Pamela | 36 comments Hi Judy and all. Still recovering but doing well hope to return in June when I am able to drive. See y’all then. :)

Laura | 54 comments Pamela wrote: "Hi Judy and all. Still recovering but doing well hope to return in June when I am able to drive. See y’all then. :)"
Hi Pam,
Glad to hear you're doing well! I hope you continue to have a good recovery. We hope to see you soon! :)