Challenge Corner discussion

Spider (English, #3)
This topic is about Spider
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > Spider by Ilsa Madden-Millis - Starting April 3rd 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 70 (70 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Felicia | 14801 comments Mod
He's a British rock star.
And my stepbrother.
What can go wrong?

He called himself Spider. I just knew him as the sinfully gorgeous guy with eyes of fire that fate sat next to me on the airplane. I didn’t know who he really was…rock star…my stepbrother.

He kissed me because he thought we’d never see each other again. We would.

Everyone warned me about him.
They said he was ruthless and cold and screwed up.
They said he’d leave me with a hole in my heart.

Maybe I should have listened.
Maybe I should have built up a fortress to keep him out.
But I crumbled instead.

Some have said there's an unbreakable thread that connects those who are destined to meet. If that’s true, then the moment he sat next to me, we were bound together forever.

He just had to figure it out before it’s too late…

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Getting ready to start this at lunch.

message 3: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

AH! I totally forgot about this. I'm so glad you commented otherwise I totally would've missed it. I'm gonna add it to my Kindle now. But I gotta divide time for this one and another I'm starting on KU Today as well. (:

message 4: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

first can I just say that the guy on the cover is totally effin' hot! :D

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "first can I just say that the guy on the cover is totally effin' hot! :D"

Eh he is alright.

message 6: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Guys with long hair is my thing. I'd totally love to date his fine ass. Hahaha.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Guys with long hair is my thing. I'd totally love to date his fine ass. Hahaha."

Lol. I like the clean and cut look. You know military. I really do love a man in uniform.

message 8: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Man, totally different sides of the spectrum. Hahaha. ;P

message 9: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wait! Did you finish Grace Street?! I forgot about that one too!

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Yes I did. I like the first book more than the second. Elsa kept annoying me

message 11: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

How did you like that ending?

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "How did you like that ending?"

It was... Well I'm happy how they ended. Oh and I freaking knew she called off the engagement. I just had that feeling.

message 13: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Victor was totally oblivious to it though. Lol. Like she’s not the type of girl for cheating. How did he not see that?!

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Victor was totally oblivious to it though. Lol. Like she’s not the type of girl for cheating. How did he not see that?!"

Right!

message 15: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Have you started this book already? I’m trying to figure out if it fits into a category for the challenge.

message 17: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh man. I’m a terrible book buddy. Because I am absolutely devouring this. I’m already half way through!

message 18: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (last edited Apr 03, 2018 08:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Now I’m at 70%. I hope you end up liking this book as much as me. I am totally in love with Spider. 😁

(view spoiler)

message 19: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Finished. I absolutely loved this story. And I have to say that it was so refreshing that it wasn’t an intense af erotica. Like there was sex. But nothing like we’ve been reading and it was so nice. For once. Lol.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Finished. I absolutely loved this story. And I have to say that it was so refreshing that it wasn’t an intense af erotica. Like there was sex. But nothing like we’ve been reading and it was so nice..."

Holy crap!!! I'm only 20% through the book. But I was thinking would putting it under Orphan work since her mom died and she was in foster care for a while before her adoptive mother well adopted her.

message 21: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, I was going to put it there. (:

message 22: by Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (last edited Apr 04, 2018 07:00AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Yeah, I was going to put it there. (:"

Okay. Last night was one of those nights were I couldn't stay awake. Like the minute I got home I was nodding off.

message 23: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

I hate those nights. Lol. Especially when I have to get reading done. Lol.

I actually put this book in a different slot. But I don't want to tell you which because I don't know if you've gotten to a certain part yet.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "I hate those nights. Lol. Especially when I have to get reading done. Lol.

I actually put this book in a different slot. But I don't want to tell you which because I don't know if you've gotten to..."

That's okay. Lol. I am hoping to get more reading done tonight. Plus yesterday I was in a very horrible mood and it's a good thing I didn't read much.

message 25: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

I hope you end up loving this story! It's one of my faves from this year so far.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "I hope you end up loving this story! It's one of my faves from this year so far."

Well that sounds good. I will be able to read more at lunch time. Well hopefully without Wy interrupting me. Or my best friend (who I'll just call Sir) calling me.

message 27: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Work has been super busy today. So I haven't gotten to read at all. -.-

When I get home I really need to start Children of Blood and Bone. I was supposed to start that on Sunday. I'm terrible. -.-

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Work has been super busy today. So I haven't gotten to read at all. -.-

When I get home I really need to start Children of Blood and Bone. I was supposed to start that on Sunday. I'm terrible. -.-"

Oh nice. It's kind of slow here. I haven't read anything yet. Because it might get super busy and well this week at work has been stressful. Which really sucks because it is only Wednesday.

message 29: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

I know right! Rent is due this week for my tenants and naturally everyone complains about something when they come in to pay rent. So it's been a mad house. -.-

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "I know right! Rent is due this week for my tenants and naturally everyone complains about something when they come in to pay rent. So it's been a mad house. -.-"

Me and Wy rent a 2 bedroom house for $400 the only thing I can complain about is that it's taken our landlord 2 years to fix the central air and we were without heat this winter so we had to get electric heaters. Still waiting for it to get fixed.

He's probably my worst landlord. Me and Wy are trying to buy a house so we don't have to deal with it.

message 31: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Oh hot damn! No heat in the winter would be terrible. I wish I was paying only $400! I pay $925 for a three bedroom apartment. But Buffalo rent is so damn expensive. My company right now has a 2 bedroom house available for rent and it's $700 per month.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Oh hot damn! No heat in the winter would be terrible. I wish I was paying only $400! I pay $925 for a three bedroom apartment. But Buffalo rent is so damn expensive. My company right now has a 2 be..."

Here in my small town rent is cheap. If I went up to Wichita I would have to pay $550-$700. My brother lives in Colorado and before he bought a house he was paying $1400.

message 33: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, some of the apartments we have a ridiculously expensive. We have a 1 bedroom unit in a building we just renovated that has a private patio for $1900! Like what! Lol.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Yeah, some of the apartments we have a ridiculously expensive. We have a 1 bedroom unit in a building we just renovated that has a private patio for $1900! Like what! Lol."

Yeah I don't make enough for that.

message 35: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Me either! Lol. I can barely afford my current place. -.-

How far have you gotten today?

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Me either! Lol. I can barely afford my current place. -.-

How far have you gotten today?"

Not very far. I had to run a few errands at lunch and barely had time to eat so I didn't get any reading down. But I am hunkering down tonight and getting into this. BTW when this first started in present time his blue hair. That was weird for me. I don't mind the white but the blue. Not for me.

message 37: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Yeah, it said he changes it every so often. He's a rockstar! What'd'ya expect! Lol.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Yeah, it said he changes it every so often. He's a rockstar! What'd'ya expect! Lol."

True. I'm stuck in my old fashion ways. Lol. God I sound 65 not 25.

message 39: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hahaha. I don't really dig colored hair on a guy either. It's too much. Females, okay. But guys? No thanks. Keep it movin'.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "Hahaha. I don't really dig colored hair on a guy either. It's too much. Females, okay. But guys? No thanks. Keep it movin'."

Lol glad I'm not the only one.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) After this book I am planning to read the ransom series. It's a trilogy. do you want to read it with me? If not I understand with it being another dark novel.

Here's the first book.
Beyond Ransom (Ransom, #1) by A.T. Douglas

message 42: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

I can’t do another BR for a few days. But I want to do a lovey dovey erotica. I think I’ve had my fair share of dark erotica recently. I need super smutty and super cute before I move into more dark smut. Ya know?

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Totally understand. I'm reading this trilogy to get it off my tbr

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Didn't finish the book last night. I'm at the part where Spider is now clean and there was a storm and he built a fort for Rose.

message 45: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

OMG! That part was absolutely adorable right?!

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "OMG! That part was absolutely adorable right?!"

Yes it was.

message 47: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

I love Spider. <3

message 48: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

But his name is freaking Clarence. Wtf?! Lol.

Mrs. Allen 107 (The Kansan Reader) (thekansanreader) Felicia wrote: "But his name is freaking Clarence. Wtf?! Lol."

I can't take the name Clarence seriously ever. Plus it's not a name you want to scream out in climax. Just saying.

message 50: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bahahahah!!!! EXACTLY! Lmfao.

« previous 1