Clean Romances discussion

General Chat > Goodbye Facebook

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Desmond | 14 comments Have any of you been paying attention to the FB fiasco? I downloaded my archive for both my personal and author site and was appalled by the info FB had collected on me. Tracking my personal phone calls, showing my texts not only to other FB users but to anyone I texted! I think this just happens with accounts that use an Android phone (which I do) or if you granted permissions (but did you know what you were actually permitting?) This is despicable. Not only did I de-activate both accounts, I deleted them completely. I've spoken to many people - friends, family - over the last week and they've done the same. Though a few of them never used FB in the first place. For personal use, my friends/family know how to reach me. For business (author) use,there are other, better ways to connect with readers / writers. Goodreads being one of them! I do not need the stress of constantly worrying about my personal data being viewed and shared with 3rd parties.

If you want to delete your FB account, you can download your archive first (photos, etc.) so that won't be lost. But in checking out your archive you'll also see all the data FB has on you. More info here: https://www.digitaltrends.com/social-...

message 2: by C. (last edited Mar 29, 2018 04:01AM) (new)

C. | 289 comments Don't have a FB account, but I think it is wonderful news that people are finally waking up to just how insidious putting their personal info 'out there' on FB and Twitter, is!

My adult daughter has a FB acct, and the personal info she has told me that people post on there is not only MINDBOGGLING....it is dangerous and beyond idiotic!

Where they live, go to school/work, where they are going to socialize, vacation, ect. and when! Such easy victims!

message 3: by Margaret (new)

Margaret Desmond | 14 comments It's crazy! As far a Twitter goes, I keep that strictly business. I'll post some pics of my dog :), but my timeline focuses on writing, reading and romance book topics. I leave everything else - including my politics - off! Also I didn't add my phone number or personal email to that account. I think I'm fairly safe there.

message 4: by C. (new)

C. | 289 comments Margaret wrote: "It's crazy! As far a Twitter goes, I keep that strictly business. I'll post some pics of my dog :), but my timeline focuses on writing, reading and romance book topics. I leave everything else - in..."

Too bad more aren't as sensible as you!