Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brandon (new)

Brandon Book Nerd (bwm721) | 83 comments Mod
What did you think?

message 2: by Arwen (new)

Arwen oh i was doomed the moment i read the first page

message 3: by Arwen (new)

Arwen i know. i was hinting that they movie wasn't any better. including you know get to see it VISUALLY!!!! with Gus's obituary and so on!!

message 4: by Arwen (new)

Arwen Aryan wrote: "Arwen wrote: "i know. i was hinting that they movie wasn't any better. including you know get to see it VISUALLY!!!! with Gus's obituary and so on!!"

Oh...ur like the only person who doesn't like ..."

noooo your not getting it!!! i love it, just its to heartbreaking!!!

message 5: by Arwen (new)

Arwen really? wow..so young. my youngest brother is 12, I'm 16

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

This is me after I read it...

message 7: by Arwen (new)

Arwen Sorry it just kind of hit me. Wow. 10.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Aryan I'm not that much older than you.

message 9: by Arwen (new)

Arwen seems like you guys read books above your age! nice. i did that as well, my mother used to say i wasn't allowed in the YA section when i was 11 for the first 15 min i was at the library

message 10: by Haley (new)

Haley i thought the book was amazing

but there were some specific parts of the movie that i got really mad about even though most people probably did not even notice them. ( this was probably because i finished the book the night before i watched the movie )

for example

the movie never even mentions that hazel was a vegetarian i mean even while they were at the restaurant in Amsterdam u could easily tell she was eating meat and in the book they clearly stated that she was a vegetarian

and then in the scene where hazel brought Augustus in his wheel chair to funky bones they drank the champagne out of clear plastic solo cups instead of Winnie the poo Dixie cups ( i mean really it doesn't matter but it would have been a easy fix )

REALLY these two thing would have been very simple to fix and make the movie more like the book

but then again i am probably the only person in the world who actually noticed

besides this i thought the casting for the movie was great but still thought the book was 10 times better

message 11: by Arwen (new)

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

This movie was surprisingly accurate! I adored the book and loved the movie!

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 13 comments Mod
Though not all of the scenes in the movie are accurate, i did quite enjoy the movie a whole lot. Of course afterwards, i was covered in tears and i cried myself to sleep (i watched the movie at nightfall) it was still absolutely brilliant. The book had more detail as most books always do but the quotes in the movie were accurate as well as other scenes so overall it was pretty good

message 14: by FangirlNina (new)

FangirlNina (spocktapus210) | 108 comments I went into the cinema a bit skeptical, as it only got a 2.5/5 rating in the paper and it still is one of my fav books. I didn't want it to be messed up. BUT I LOOOVED IT!

message 15: by Wells Margo (new)

Wells Margo (pearapple) | 1 comments I like the movie better, which is something that rarely gets said. I feel like the people in the movie were teenagers, unlike in the book. Still, neither the book or movie made me cry. Books and movies don't make me cry. Usually...

message 16: by gabbu (new)

gabbu Though the movie was missing a few things, most minor, (Hazel's vegetarianism, the airport McDonald's scene, etc.) I really enjoyed it. They picked up on several things, including something I was VERY surprised about:
Hazel's nail color.
I noticed this about mid-movie and started freaking out, annoying my friends, and probably the people sitting around me.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

The book was really sad and I can't wait to see the movie.

message 18: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahsmanyhobbies) Poor Gus!! Ansel did so great with that. Hazel was perfectly cast.

message 19: by tiya (new)

tiya (atiyyvhhafeji) | 12 comments SO SAD