Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > The Flight Attendant by Chris Bohjalian - 3 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2097 comments Cassie Bowden loves her life as a flight attendant, especially now that her seniority allows her to work international flights. Traveling to exotic places gives her ample opportunity to sample new varieties of alcohol and men. Often drinking to excess, Cassie sometimes cannot remember what happened during her alcoholic binges; waking up next to a murdered man in a luxurious Dubai hotel is definitely something she wants to forget. Although she is nearly certain she did not slice the man's throat she cannot be sure and her web of lies begin. She lies to her coworkers, the airline representatives, her lawyer and the FBI, but someone knows she was in that hotel room and will only feel safe once Cassie is dead.

The plot of this novel is interesting and suspenseful but Cassie is such an unlikable character that it is hard to care what happens to her. I honestly hoped the stalker would catch up with her. I am a long-time fan of Bohjalian, and while this is far from my favorite, I will certainly keep reading his novels.

message 2: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments Definitely sounds up my alley. Tried to add it to my TBR and it was already there!!

message 3: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8135 comments Aw, it's too bad this isn't as good as his others. The premise sounds really good, but I think I'll hold off on adding it to the tbr - at least for now.