Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

One Stolen Kiss and other short stories
Shout It Out! Self- Promotions > Anna Faversham - FREE - One Stolen Kiss and other short stories - quick!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (last edited Mar 28, 2018 09:21AM) (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments This is as much a surprise to me as anyone else. I thought I'd have my new book ready for Christmas, but now it's Easter!

#3 in The Dark Moon Series

Journey into a dark, wounded heart.

By 1825 Lucy has escaped from poverty and found true love married to a good man. Knowing Lieutenant Karl Thorsen still feels a hopeless passion for her, Lucy tries to help him find happiness with Elizabeth, a feisty young American. Then a charming and talented artist comes into their lives. Intrigued by him, Lucy does not see the signs of impending tragedy stealing towards them. She ignores all warnings and pays a high price for her folly. Can she free herself from the chains she’s forged and save her family?

It's 99p/99c until 15th April.

Also both One Dark Night #1 and Under a Dark Star #2 of The Dark Moon Series are in a Kindle Countdown Deal for 99p/c from 30th March.

No Easter eggs but at least some Easter bargains.

I hope you enjoy reading this series.

My thanks to those who have helped in one way or another and with the blurb - you may spot some of your lines... and some I've put as tag lines.

message 2: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 285 comments Congratulations on the book release Anna!!

message 3: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments I began to think it would never happen! The final draft is quite different from the first. But it's all good fun, eh?

And yours?

message 4: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 285 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "I began to think it would never happen! The final draft is quite different from the first. But it's all good fun, eh?

And yours?"

Singularity is complete. I'm polishing it now before it goes off for final edits. Then, I'm taking my shot with this one. Going to try my hand at a traditional publishing contract. If that fails, hope to release the book myself around November :)

message 5: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments All the best with this, Eldon. Keep us informed, please.

message 6: by Marie Silk (new)

Marie Silk | 208 comments Congratulations on the new book, Anna :)

message 7: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 285 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "All the best with this, Eldon. Keep us informed, please."

I will, for sure!!

message 8: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Marie Silk wrote: "Congratulations on the new book, Anna :)"

Thanks, Marie. Such a lot of work - good job I enjoy writing.

message 9: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments I suppose it would help if, when I launch a new book, I put the cover and a link to buying it! Oh the stress...

Here it is:

One Dark Soul (The Dark Moon Trilogy #3) by Anna Faversham

Journey into a dark, wounded heart.

By 1825 Lucy has escaped from poverty and found true love married to a good man. Knowing Lieutenant Karl Thorsen still feels a hopeless passion for her, Lucy tries to help him find happiness with Elizabeth, a feisty young American. Then a charming and talented artist comes into their lives. Intrigued by him, Lucy does not see the signs of impending tragedy stealing towards them. She ignores all warnings and pays a high price for her folly. Can she free herself from the chains she’s forged and save her family?

It's 99p/99c until 15th April.

Also both One Dark Night #1 and Under a Dark Star #2 of The Dark Moon Series are in a Kindle Countdown Deal for 99p/c from 30th March.

Julia Bell (juliabellromanticfiction) Anna Faversham wrote: "I suppose it would help if, when I launch a new book, I put the cover and a link to buying it! Oh the stress...

Here it is:

Journe..."

I've bought all three of The Dark Moon series now. I so enjoyed the first two and I'm looking forward to reading the third.

message 11: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Thank you, Julia!

Hard work this marketing, isn't it? I can't keep up, I feel like a rat, well maybe a guinea pig, running on one of those wheels in their cage.

Julia Bell (juliabellromanticfiction) Guinea pigs don't have a running wheel; at least my daughter's don't. They just have babies - four born last week. But I know what you mean. I think it's more like that ride at theme parks that takes you up and up on a big pole, only to drop you into oblivion.

Good luck with One Dark Soul. It's on my reading list, but I think I'll push it to the top. I love the characters, although Martha will always be my favourite.

message 13: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Babies! Oh my giddy aunt! No, no, no. Though I'm enjoying Lucy's little lad and I hope you will too.

I sometimes compare authors' lives to being similar to a roller coaster, you get going on a flat bit then up and up, then plummet down, then another little bump in sales, then... and so on. However, I think there's many an author who'd agree that yours is more true to life.

Hang on a minute... I've just looked at your sales of Songbird and you have a KCD on and you're up pretty high in the US charts and in the UK ones too. Enjoy the view!

message 14: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments A minute before midnight on 5th April will be the last chance to buy the three books in The Dark Moon Series for 0.99 each.

One Dark Night (The Dark Moon Trilogy #1) by Anna Faversham
Our choices determine our future. A romantic thriller mystery.
"Like Poldark."

Under a Dark Star (The Dark Moon Trilogy #2) by Anna Faversham
Follow Daniel and Karl into a dark world where all the conflict points to one cruel and ruthless man - the Dark Star.

Journey into one very dark, wounded heart. Lucy has survived hard times but by 1825 she finally has it all – until she makes a very bad decision.

Each is 0.99 until 5th April. Or, of course, they're FREE on Kindle Unlimited.

Carole P. Roman | 4603 comments Mod
http://caroleproman.blogspot.com/2018...

Please share my blog's Author Spotlight on Anna Faversham!

message 16: by Alex (new)

Alex Carver | 4626 comments Carole wrote: "http://caroleproman.blogspot.com/2018...

Please share my blog's Author Spotlight on Anna Faversham!"

Shared around my network

message 17: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Thank you! It means such a lot to have support.

message 18: by Anna (last edited Jul 01, 2018 12:31PM) (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments A rare occurrence - one of my books is free!
ONE DARK NIGHT
Book One of The Dark Moon Trilogy
FREE
until Tuesday 2nd July
One Dark Night (The Dark Moon Trilogy #1) by Anna Faversham

It is 1821 and smuggling is rife on the English coast. Lucy Yorton, dragged away from her privileged early life, must slave on a bleak, run-down farm. Those around her suspect she is a spy and treat her accordingly. Her problems increase when two men enter her life:-

Lieutenant Karl Thorsen, sworn to avenge the murder of his father, is a King's man. He is determined to stop the violent smugglers, hang them, and hang and gibbet one in particular.

Daniel Tynton has smuggling in his blood. Undaunted by Thorsen's threats, he is respected and feared.

Lucy must choose.

A lovely romance woven into swashbuckling action that will keep you enthralled for many a dark night.

AND...

Book Two, Under a Dark Star, is reduced to 0.99 for a few days too!

Under a Dark Star (The Dark Moon Trilogy #2) by Anna Faversham

In 1823, on an island off the south coast of England, there are activities worse than smuggling and all the conflict points to one cruel and ruthless man. The women on the island call him the Dark Star.

Lieutenant Karl Thorsen enlists the help of his old enemy, reformed smuggler Daniel Tynton who infiltrates the gang to defeat the evil that brings poverty to ‘the diamond isle’. Karl is captivated by a French woman ‘owned’ by the Dark Star. The Dark Star takes his revenge.

Sit back, and journey into a dark world.

message 19: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments I think I'm going to be all of a quiver this Sunday afternoon because I am doing my very first live Q&A session in connection with the Bards and Sages efestival ( you know - the one where Under a Dark Star is a finalist). I've never been that before either.

I am hoping I can actually get myself into the chat room at the right time.!

If anyone would like to support a British author (me!) then please feel free to come and say hello at

https://bardsandsages.com/efestivalof...

this Sunday at 3.30 p.m. British Summer Time and I'll endeavour to sound sane.

Anyone who'd like to vote might still have time if you go to that link and then there's another link to vote. Chat rooms are on the right of that page, I think...

Thank you!

Congrats Anna!!

message 21: by Christine (new)

Christine (christineroney) | 261 comments Congratulations, Anna! I'll try and make the Q&A.

message 22: by Anna (last edited Aug 17, 2018 01:04PM) (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Thank you Carole and Christine. I've just taken a look at your profile, Christine, and I see you tap away to the sound of the wind and the waves. Wowwwww. I do too, but they're in my head as and when required. I adore the sound of the wind, the rain, and the waves. Thunder and lightning too.

Julia Bell (juliabellromanticfiction) Anna Faversham wrote: "I think I'm going to be all of a quiver this Sunday afternoon because I am doing my very first live Q&A session in connection with the Bards and Sages efestival ( you know - the one where Under a D..."

Good luck, Anna. I'll be with you in spirit. I have family visiting today so won't be able to listen in. But let us all know how you do.

message 24: by Christine (new)

Christine (christineroney) | 261 comments Anna, I wasn't able to make the Q&A but I see you won Best Historical Fiction! Congratulations!!

message 25: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Thank you, Christine. I stared at the screen, squeezed my eyes again and yes, it was still there.

I've never entered any competitions and so this was something very special.

Bards and Sages deserve a huge thank you from me and other authors as well, I suspect.

message 26: by Carmel (new)

Carmel Hanes | 461 comments Anna Faversham wrote: "Thank you, Christine. I stared at the screen, squeezed my eyes again and yes, it was still there.

I've never entered any competitions and so this was something very special.

Bards and Sages deser..."

Congratulations, Anna!

message 27: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Thank you C.L.

I haven't examined the criteria for being nominated but it might be something that writers in this group can do for others.

YAY! Anna!!!

message 29: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Thank you, Carole. I'm not exactly stunned but it does feel unreal. You've won lots of these lovely things and I'm trailing behind!

Keep on entering!!!

message 31: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments I've never dared to enter a competition - all power and respect to those who do. For Bards and Sages you have to be nominated and I wouldn't even have known if someone hadn't told me. I almost thought to put a post in the Pay it Forward thread but the thought got squashed. It's too early, but it would be good if we put it in our diaries for 2019 - about late February, I think, I saw.

I'm at chapter 3 of the wip and a win spurs me for the first 5 minutes and then I disappear into the world of the book!

message 32: by Anna (new) - added it

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1139 comments Free for 5 days until 2nd September One Stolen Kiss and other short stories

Four short stories and the one about the MG is true. We no longer have our beloved MG. Sniff.