LATI Spring 2018 discussion

Goodreads as Social Media

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meg (new)

Meg (navbrat) | 13 comments Mod
I love interacting with my friends on Goodreads. We can see what each other are reading, recommend books and encourage each other. Have you used Goodreads this way, yet?

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison | 1 comments I use Goodreads all the time for a way to get recommendations from my friends about what they are reading. I have discovered two of my all time favorite reads this way.

message 3: by Vince (new)

Vince | 1 comments I haven't used GoodReads as a means of social media, but I think it could be a great tool to get the community engaged and see the latest that the library has to offer.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 1 comments I have not yet used Goodreads as a social media tool, but I think I'd enjoy it! I need to look into figuring out how to add friends and begin :)

message 5: by Alison (new)

Alison (hardbackhoarder) I use Goodreads as somewhat of a social media. A lot of people follow me from my Youtube to see what I am reading and they will engage with the posts I make and comment on my updates. I often have random people messaging me asking me about certain books. Though I don't use it as a main source of socializing and it isn't' something I think about using for that much.

message 6: by Lori (new)

Lori Casamento | 1 comments I've never considered Goodreads as a social media tool, probably because I'm a bit overwhelmed with all the social media I'm already involved with on a day-to-day basis. I do like to keep track of what one of my best friends is reading as she is an avid reader and it's easier to look at it on the site than ask her. If I had more time I would probably use it more frequently. It's a great site for readers!

message 7: by Anita (new)

Anita Delp | 5 comments Yes, as a matter of fact, that's what I was doing just now. Whenever I am stuck on what to read next I check to see what my Goodreads friends are reading or recommending. I like being able to discuss shared reads with friends. This is a great way to stay connected to people I don't see or talk to every day.