Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Beta Reader Available!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Coral Hello everyone!
I'm new here, so I hope I'm doing this correctly.
First of all, I'd like to let you know that english is NOT my native language. If that's a dealbreaker, I understand.
I know the struggle of searching for beta-readers, so here I am. I've been doing this since few months, so it's not my first
time giving out advice!
I read a lot and I mostly focus on:
-plot holes
-characters development
-infodump
-general flow and plot quality (i.e, I'll let you know if something is terribly cliché)

What I'm looking for: complete manuscripts between 40-100k max. I will also consider to beta unfinished works though.

Genres:
-Urban Fantasy
-Fantasy
-YA
-Horror
-Romance/Paranormal Romance*
-Supernatural
-Crime/Thriller
-Dystopian
-M/M

*I'm okay with smut.

If you're interested, please leave a comment including your synopsis and relevant infos.

message 2: by K.M. (new)

K.M. Taylor (kmtaylor) | 45 comments Hello, Grumps! If it’s alright, I’m going to PM you my synopsis!

message 3: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Coral Sure!

message 4: by Goodness (new)

Goodness Nwankpa (GoodnessNwankpa) | 42 comments Hi GrumpsReads!

My story is a YA, with a 60k word count. A warning: it deals with sensitive topics and can get dark at times.

Synopsis:

Fourteen year old Alina thought that above all, she could trust Gaten. He’s been her rock since tragedy befell her three long years ago. But one day, she finds a letter; a letter is all it takes for Alina’s world to once again dismantle before her eyes. And suddenly, she’s thrown into doubt about the one individual she believed that she could rely on. In a desperate bid for answers, Alina decides to take matters into her own hands. The life altering consequences are ones that she did not anticipate.

Thank you for your time.

message 5: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Coral Goodness wrote: "Hi GrumpsReads!

My story is a YA, with a 60k word count. A warning: it deals with sensitive topics and can get dark at times.

Synopsis:

Fourteen year old Alina thought that above all, she could..."

I'm intrigued and I'd love to read it! I'll PM you.

message 6: by Serena (new)

Serena (sacronin) | 8 comments Hi GrumpsReads,

I've got a 97k YA dystopian novel that might interest you! Here's the synopsis:

Fifteen-year-old Seven wakes up in his new life with heavy dread in his stomach: his friends’ memory of him is wiped, the government carts him off to the deplorable Split City he must now call home, and the weight of dying a fourth time and inching closer to his final, seventh life lingers in the back of his head. Plucked off the streets by seventh-life Andi and her gang of thief friends, Seven begins to adjust to a world of heists, run-ins with local cops, and the constant evading of notorious gang-leader Victor, who is hell-bent on chasing the rumors that one can steal lives in order to live forever. When Victor’s deluded hunt becomes deadly, Seven must come to terms with the cost of getting tangled in the lives of his new friends, especially that of Andi, who has been Victor’s prime target for months. With the clock ticking on his final lives, Seven learns the extent he is willing to go to protect the people who once protected him while discovering the truth about the life-stealing rumors of the notorious multiple-lives system.

If you think you'd be a good fit, please let me know! Thanks in advance!

Best,
Serena

message 7: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Coral Serena wrote: "Hi GrumpsReads,

I've got a 97k YA dystopian novel that might interest you! Here's the synopsis:

Fifteen-year-old Seven wakes up in his new life with heavy dread in his stomach: his friends’ memor..."

Hi, Serena, I'd like to read more about your manuscript! I'll PM you asap.

message 8: by Caitlyn (new)

Caitlyn Coral Update: all my slots are taken!

message 9: by Trevor (last edited May 09, 2018 05:50AM) (new)

Trevor Morris | 67 comments Hi there, I have an 88k completed fantasy novel that may well be your cup of tea.

Saviour: the making of a superhero

He’s an artist who creates superheroes…
But does he have the courage to become one?

Tempted?
T