The Lost Challenges discussion

Archives - Monthly Challenges > April Scattergories

Comments Showing 1-41 of 41 (41 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JoAnne (new)

JoAnne | 42355 comments Mod
scatt

The general rules of Scattergories are you are given a list of categories and a time limit. Then the letter dice is rolled and you have to come up with something that matches the letter and the category.

The object of this challenge is the same sort of thing as the board game. We give you a list of 12 categories/words and a letter and you find items that fit those categories in your books. The goal is to find all 12 items. You may use a book to fulfill as many categories as it fits (you don't have to read 12 books this month...don't worry!)

The first 6 categories will stay the same, the second 6 will be announced each month.

Please remember to add a link to the book, the author and give the date you finished reading it.
You also need to post the sentence and page/loc# for items 7-12.

April Scattergories
Duration: April 1, 2018 - April 30, 2018

Recurring Items:
1. Book Title ('the', 'an' and 'a' should be ignored)
2. Author (first or last name)
3. Main Character (first or last name)
4. Secondary Character (first or last name)
5. Place/Setting (either the name of an actual place OR a setting where the book takes place; i.e. for R you could use 'Rome' or 'ranch')
6. Item on cover (please show the cover and tell us the item or items)

And the Specials for April are:
7. Names Used in Songs
8. School Subjects
9. Things Found in a Desk
10. Ways to Kill Time
11. Things You Replace
12. Vacation Spots

Your letter is:
letter-e-floral-initial

#7 Helper Girls' Names Boys' Names

message 2: by JoAnne (last edited May 01, 2018 05:41AM) (new)

Participants:

Anne FINISHED

Brigia FINISHED

Cindy FINISHED

Jade aka MrsTosh FINISHED

Joann FINISHED

JoAnne FINISHED

Lisa FINISHED

Mave

Rina FINISHED

Sarah E

Suzanne

Tammy

message 3: by Joann (last edited Apr 24, 2018 12:05PM) (new)

Joann | 1286 comments completed: 12 /12

Recurring Items:
1. Book Title Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman - 4/16/18
2. Author EMILY
Mrs. Jeffries Reveals Her Art - Emily Brightwell - 4/4/18
3. Main Character Eleanor
Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman - 4/16/18
4. Secondary Character (first or last name)Esme
In Farleigh Field - Rhys Bowen - 4/3/18
5. Place/Setting Elmsleigh, England
6. Item on cover ELK
Death of a Macho Man A Hamish MacBeth Mystery by M.C. Beaton - M.C. Beaton - 4/8/18

7. Names Used in Songs Eleanor (Eleanor Rigby)
8. School Subjects ENGLISH p. 153 “Daddy, that’s not even ENGLISH.”
Quiet Killing - James Morgan 4/8/18
9. Things Found in a Desk ENVELOPE ebook loc 4188 “He pulled a large brown ENVELOPE off a stack.”
Undertaking Irene: A Jane Delaney Mystery, book 1 - Pamela Burford - 4/1/18
10. Ways to Kill Time ERRANDS ebook loc 1568 “... to run ERRANDS around town.”
11. Things You Replace EGGS “...and all the EGGS and butter…”
The Good People - Hannah Kent - 4/24/18
12. Vacation Spots Europe p. 89 "...make it across EUROPE."

message 4: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Joann and Sarah!

message 5: by Suzanne (last edited Apr 24, 2018 02:44PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1957 comments The Lost Challenges
April Scattergories
Duration:
April 1, 2018 - April 30, 2018

Progress: 11 out of 12

The general rules of Scattergories are you are given a list of categories and a time limit. Then the letter dice is rolled and you have to come up with something that matches the letter and the category.

The object of this challenge is the same sort of thing as the board game. We give you a list of 12 categories/words and a letter and you find items that fit those categories in your books. The goal is to find all 12 items. You may use a book to fulfill as many categories as it fits (you don't have to read 12 books this month...don't worry!)

The first 6 categories will stay the same, the second 6 will be announced each month.

Please remember to add a link to the book, the author and give the date you finished reading it.
You also need to post the sentence and page/loc# for items 7-12.

April Scattergories: E

Recurring Items:

2. Author (first or last name):
Oz: Road to Oz by Eric Shanower - **** - 4/10/2018 - 136 Pages
3. Main Character (first or last name): Evie
Username: Evie by Joe Sugg - *** - 4/4/2018 - 182 Pages
4. Secondary Character (first or last name) Ester:
Giant Days, Vol. 3 by John Allison-*****-4/23/2018 - 112 Pages
5. Place/Setting (either the name of an actual place OR a setting where the book takes place; i.e. for R you could use 'Rome' or 'ranch'): England
6. Item on cover (please show the cover and tell us the item or items): Eye-Glasses
You Gotta Get Bigger Dreams: My Life in Stories and Pictures by Alan Cumming - ***** - 4/2/2018 - 304 Pages

7. Names Used in Songs: Ester (see Ester by Elefant)
8. School Subjects: ENGLISH
"They mean the Christian God, the white one who speaks English and shops at Brooks Brothers. It’s ridiculous.)"
You Gotta Get Bigger Dreams: My Life in Stories and Pictures by Alan Cumming - ***** - 4/2/2018 - 304 Pages
9. Things Found in a Desk: ENVELOPE
"And it was an envelope from there, one of those you’d leave your valuables in before you set off down the corridors to seek succor in the arms—or at least the hands—of a stranger, that I saw framed in the loo off their villa’s kitchen."
10. Ways to Kill Time:
"Apparently she had been eating dinner at home and stood up to leave the table but, having left something, made to sit down again to retrieve it."
11. Things You Replace: Earplugs and Earrings
"I tell the girl working the counter - an early twenties hipster with braids and ear-plugs for earrings of a more permanent nature - that I would love a Grande Chai Latte and I would love it now."
I Love My Breakup - the original part one by Sabrina Lacey - **** - 4/4/2018 - 39 Pages
12. Vacation Spots: Euro Disney
Irish Girls Are Back in Town by Cecelia Ahern - ***** - 4/17/2018 - 384 Pages

You Gotta Get Bigger Dreams My Life in Stories and Pictures by Alan Cumming I Love My Breakup - the original part one (see notes) by Sabrina Lacey Username Evie (Username, #1) by Joe Sugg Irish Girls Are Back in Town by Cecelia Ahern Oz Road to Oz by Eric Shanower Giant Days, Vol. 3 (Giant Days #3) by John Allison

(view spoiler)

message 6: by Anne (last edited Apr 23, 2018 08:03AM) (new)

Anne | 882 comments April Scattergories
12/12

This looks challenging!

Recurring Items:
The Expatriates by Janice Y K Lee
COMPLETED 04/09/2018

Another One Bites the Crust by Ellie Alexander
Ellie stars with E
COMPLETED 04/18/2018

Blown Away by Clover Tate
Emmy Adler COMPLETED 04/03/2018

Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson
COMPLETED 04/05/2018
Uncle Ebeneezer Balfour, Esq., of Shaws

5. Place/Setting (either the name of an actual place OR a setting where the book takes place; i.e. for R you could use 'Rome' or 'ranch')
84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
England
COMPLETED 04/19/2018

Hitman: The Untold Story of Johnny Martorano: Whitey Bulger's Enforcer and the Most Feared Gangster in the Underworld by Howie Carr
COMPLETED 04/21/2018
Eyes
Hitman The Untold Story of Johnny Martorano Whitey Bulger's Enforcer and the Most Feared Gangster in the Underworld by Howie Carr

7. Names Used in Songs -- Eisenhower
A Killer Kebab by Susannah Hardy
Pg 4 Nor had she seen any reason to update the restrooms, which she had decorated herself during the Eisenhower years.
---Eisenhower's name is in Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire.
COMPLETED 04/06/2018

8. School Subjects -- English
Pg 7 In the room next door to the kitchen, where he suffered me to go, I found a great number of books, both Latin and English , in which I took great pleasure all the afternoon.
COMPLETED 04/05/0218

9. Things Found in a Desk -- envelopes
Pg 269 "On the left were a few still-sealed envelopes - the power bill. the water bill."
COMPLETED 04/02/2018

10. Ways to Kill Time exploring
A Killer Kebab by Susasannah Hardy
Pg 103 Yes, if you don't mind, I may just do a bit of exploring of the castle after lunch." I smiled.
COMPLETED 04/06/2018

11. Things You Replace -- engine
Pg. 62 My breath came out in a frosty whoosh a I placed my bags in the car, then raced around to the driver's side to turn on the engine and let it warm up.
--With proper maintenance a car engine can need replacing at between 150,000 miles and 350,000 miles.
COMPLETED 04/06/2018

12. Vacation Spots -- Elba
Pg 3 Unfortunately for the Little Corporal, his supporters were never able to spring him from Elba or St. Helena.
--Elba is a European resort island off the coast of Tuscany, Italy. (It was also where Napolean was exiled in 1814.)
COMPLETED 04/06/2018

message 7: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Suzanne and Anne!

@Anne, I think this one is the hardest challenge we have on TLC.

message 8: by Anne (new)

Anne | 882 comments @JoAnne -- I think you are right! I think the first 6 are plannable, but the remainders are tough!

message 9: by Cindy (last edited Apr 24, 2018 06:11PM) (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 408 comments ♦April Scattergories - description
Duration: 4.1.2018 - 4.30.2018

-Recurring Items: 6/6
Book Title: Even the Score by Kate Meader 4.17.2018
Author: Erin McCarthy True 4.15.2018
Main Character: Elliot Winter Stolen by Shiloh Walker 4.13.2018
Secondary Character: Ethel Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins 4.4.2018
Place/Setting: Earth's End Stolen by Shiloh Walker 4.13.2018
Item on cover: envelope 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1) by Maureen Johnson 4.24.2018

-And the Specials for April are: 6/6
Names Used in Songs: Elliot - "She was in there talking to Elliot." (page 12) Stolen by Shiloh Walker 4.13.2018 (Elliot by Jeffrey Gaines)
School Subjects: English - "Damn my English professor for making me read that book!"
(page 218)
Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins 4.4.2018
Things Found in a Desk: envelope - "...given Woody a plain white envelope that he was supposed to deliver to..." (loc 1295) Welcome to Last Chance by Hope Ramsay 4.6.2018
Ways to Kill Time: eating - "Digger and I could have lots of fun together, eating Ben & Jerry's and cheese curls and Hershey's bar. (page 123) Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins 4.4.2018
Things You Replace: equipment - "...the hospital people would come reclaim the cardiac monitor and X-ray equipment." (page 287) Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins 4.4.2018
Vacation Spots: Europe - "She’s in Europe for one of the big conferences she attends every year." (page 194) Stolen by Shiloh Walker 4.13.2018

message 10: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Cindy!

message 11: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Apr 19, 2018 04:09AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 706 comments April Scattergories
Letter: E
Completed: 12/12

Recurring Items:
1. Book Title: Eye Candy
2. Author: Kelly Elliott - Lost Love
3. Main Character: Eloise - The Impossible Vastness of Us
4. Secondary Character: Edie May - Christmas at the Comfort Food Cafe
5. Place/Setting: England - Christmas at the Comfort Cafe
6. Item on cover: Evening - Christmas at the Comfort Cafe

7. Names Used in Songs:I Don't - Donna and Eric are not soul mates (Loc 242) Features in White America by Eminem [Eminem Show Album]
8. School Subjects:Christmas at the Comfort Cafe - an English girl I met at college. (Loc 1018)
9. Things Found in a Desk:I Do'nt - she dropped the envelope (Loc 669)
10. Ways to Kill Time:Christmas at the Comfort Cafe - More Dancing. More eating (Loc 201)
11. Things You Replace:I Do'nt - I finished putting in my gold hoop earrings (Loc 1003)
12. Vacation Spots:Christmas at the Comfort Cafe- in the North West of England (Loc 1910)

Christmas at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe #2) by Debbie Johnson 02/04 **** I Do(n't) by Leddy Harper 04/04 ***** Lost Love (Cowboys and Angels, #1) by Kelly Elliott 15/04 **** Eye Candy (Real Love, #1) by Jessica Lemmon 18/04 ** The Impossible Vastness of Us by Samantha Young 16/04 ****

message 12: by Rina (last edited May 01, 2018 05:27AM) (new)

Rina | 1084 comments April Scattergories

Recurring Items:
Etwas endet, etwas beginnt: Erzählungen, Andrzej Sapkowski, 14.04.2018

Air Awakens, Elise Kova, 08.04.2018

Edward Clark - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018

Eskel - Etwas endet, etwas beginnt: Erzählungen, Andrzej Sapkowski, 14.04.2018

England - Blue Monday, Nicci French, 01.04.2018

Earring - The Gathering, Kelley Armstrong, 28.04.2018
The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

7. Names Used in Songs
Emily - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "Her newspaper featured pieces from female thinkers like Emily Davies and Josephine Butler.", p. 45

8. School Subjects
English - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "Nine years living on the Continent, scarcely speaking English at all, had changed the natural cadences of his speech.", p. 126

Envelope - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "She held out an envelope and a brightly wrapped package.", p. 85

10. Ways to Kill Time
Eating - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "and now she was sitting on the floor with the duke and duchess, eating burned bread and dripping cheese.", p. 260

11. Things You Replace
Engine - Daffodils, Alex Martin, 24.04.2018 -"Katy carefully poured oil into the engine of the ambulance she was working on", p. 276

12. Vacation Spots
England -The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "Now he remembered why he hated England.", p. 8

message 13: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Jade and Rina!

message 14: by Tammy (last edited Apr 23, 2018 05:16PM) (new)

Tammy (tammy17) 1. Book Title ('the', 'an' and 'a' should be ignored)
3. Main Character (first or last name) Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King Sleeping Beauties Stephen King 4-14-18 Elaine
4. Secondary Character (first or last name) Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King Sleeping Beauties Evie
Puha (Master of the Wild) (Volume 1) by J. Bradley Van Tighem Puha (Master of the Wild) 4-23-18 "EYE"

7. Names Used in Songs Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King Sleeping Beauties Eve
8. School Subjects Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King Sleeping Beauties English
9. Things Found in a Desk Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King Sleeping Beauties eraser
10. Ways to Kill Time Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King Sleeping Beauties exercise
11. Things You Replace Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King Sleeping Beauties earrings
12. Vacation Spots

message 15: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Tammy!

message 16: by JoAnne (last edited Apr 25, 2018 07:04PM) (new)

April Scattergories - Letter E
12/12

Recurring Items:

1. Book Title: The Earl's Defiant Wallflower Erica Ridley 4/8/18
2. Author: Erica Ridley The Earl's Defiant Wallflower 4/8/18
3. Main Character: Eve Wilson I Can See You Karen Rose 4/25/18
4. Secondary Character: Esme Esera Rock Hard Nalini Singh 4/5/18
5. Place: England The Earl's Defiant Wallflower Erica Ridley 4/8/18
6. Item on cover: Eye I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1) by Karen Rose I Can See You Karen Rose 4/25/18

7. Names Used in Songs: Eric (A Song for Eric by Tori Amos) The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18 p 27 My friend Eric and I went in on the stand together.

8. School Subjects: English Marriage Games C.D. Reiss 4/1/18 Loc 538 No word in the English language could describe how ....

9. Things Found in a Desk: Envelope Marriage Games C.D. Reiss 4/1/18 Loc 3784 ... odd-shaped envelope?

10. Ways to Kill Time: Exploring The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18 p 42 ...we were exhausted from all of our exploring, ...

11. Things You Replace: Employees, Equipment The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18 p 27 ... expanded into a landscaping business with employees, equipment and clients.

12. Vacation Spots: Europe The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18 p 30 Ricky and his wife made a hobby of importing antiques from Europe.   

message 17: by Anne (new)

Anne | 882 comments Question for you, JoAnne -- how do you feel about "Elton John" count as a name used in song?

message 18: by JoAnne (new)

Anne wrote: "Question for you, JoAnne -- how do you feel about "Elton John" count as a name used in song?"

If it's in a song, it's able to be counted.

message 19: by Anne (new)

Anne | 882 comments Thanks, @JoAnne! That's what I was afraid of -- why can't he yell out his name like Pitt Bull in all his songs? :)

message 20: by Brigia (last edited Apr 28, 2018 09:13AM) (new)

Brigia April Scattergories

Recurring Items:
1. Book Title: ePistols at Dawn (04/15)
2. Author: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (04/08)
3. Main Character: Ethan in Aidan and Ethan (04/20)
4. Secondary Character: Evelyn Hardcastle in The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (04/04)
5. Place/Setting: England in In for a Penny (04/14)
6. Item on cover: Ear: In for a Penny by Rose Lerner (04/14)

7. Names Used in Songs: EVELYN “We walk side by side with Evelyn a couple of paces behind…” p 490 in The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (04/04)
8. School Subjects: ENGLISH “…she speaks fluent German, though they have only written each other in English.” P 180 The Night Circus (04/08)
9. Things Found in a Desk: ENVELOPE “…this is the first envelope addressed to him…” p 9 The Night Circus (04/08)
10. Ways to Kill Time: EMBROIDERY “Her gown is…covered in what to Bailey looks like looping black embroidery…” p 239 The Night Circus (04/08)
11. Things You Replace: EMBROIDERED PILLOWS “He picked up an embroidered pillow from one of the chairs…” p 408 in The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (04/04)
12. Vacation Spots: ENGLAND “Most of them have been with me from England…” loc. 1614 Untie My Heart (04/28)

message 21: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Brigia!

message 22: by Lisa (last edited Apr 19, 2018 05:34PM) (new)

Lisa (lisa3718) | 93 comments April Scattergories
Recurring Items:
1. Book Title Ekata: Fall of Darkness by Dominique Law 4/18/18
2. Author Luni327:The Journey Begins by Dan Eaton 4/21/18
3. Main Character: Emma The Road to Amistad by Ken Dickson 4/8/18
4. Secondary Character: Eitri (MC)
5. Place/Setting: Eduardo's Reception Hall The Road to Amistad
6. Item on cover: Ears The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan

7. Names Used in Songs: Where are you Emma (RTA)
8. School Subjects: Welcome to your empathy class (Ekata)
9. Things Found in a Desk Electronic device (Ekata)
10. Ways to Kill Time: Eating falafel (MC)
11. Things You Replace: Earrings that were promised (MC)
12. Vacation Spots: Ekata, a peaceful world (Ekata)

RTA=The Road to Amistad by Ken Dickson
MC=The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Ekata=Ekata: Fall of Darkness by Dominique Law

message 23: by Mave (new)

Mave | 186 comments April Scattergories

Recurring Items:

7. Names Used in Songs
8. School Subjects
10. Ways to Kill Time
11. Things You Replace
12. Vacation Spots

message 24: by JoAnne (new)

Welcome Lisa and Mave!

message 25: by Jade aka MrsTosh (last edited Apr 04, 2018 10:36AM) (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 706 comments Anne wrote: "Thanks, @JoAnne! That's what I was afraid of -- why can't he yell out his name like Pitt Bull in all his songs? :)"

This made me giggle!! Think of a song he sang with George Michael ;)

message 26: by Anne (new)

Anne | 882 comments Jade aka MrsTosh wrote:

This made me giggle!! Think of a song he sang with George Michael ;)"

Thanks! I found a different E name in song. I did have full names for both Elton and Eric Clapton. Only Mr. WorldWide announces him self so clearly though....

message 27: by Jade aka MrsTosh (new)

Jade aka MrsTosh (mrstosh) | 706 comments I am done :)

April Scattergories
Letter: E
(view spoiler)

Christmas at the Comfort Food Cafe (Comfort Food Cafe #2) by Debbie Johnson 02/04 **** I Do(n't) by Leddy Harper 04/04 ***** Lost Love (Cowboys and Angels, #1) by Kelly Elliott 15/04 **** Eye Candy (Real Love, #1) by Jessica Lemmon 18/04 ** The Impossible Vastness of Us by Samantha Young 16/04 ****

message 28: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Jade!

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisa3718) | 93 comments Finished!

April Scattergories
Recurring Items:
1. Book Title Ekata: Fall of Darkness by Dominique Law 4/18/18
2. Author Luni327:The Journey Begins by Dan Eaton 4/21/18
3. Main Character: Emma The Road to Amistad by Ken Dickson 4/8/18
4. Secondary Character: Eitri (MC)
5. Place/Setting: Eduardo's Reception Hall The Road to Amistad
6. Item on cover: Ears The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard, #1) by Rick Riordan

7. Names Used in Songs: Where are you Emma (RTA)
8. School Subjects: Welcome to your empathy class (Ekata)
9. Things Found in a Desk Electronic device (Ekata)
10. Ways to Kill Time: Eating falafel (MC)
11. Things You Replace: Earrings that were promised (MC)
12. Vacation Spots: Ekata, a peaceful world (Ekata)

RTA=The Road to Amistad by Ken Dickson
MC=The Sword of Summer by Rick Riordan
Ekata=Ekata: Fall of Darkness by Dominique Law

message 30: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Lisa!

message 31: by Anne (new)

Anne | 882 comments That was tough!
April Scattergories
Duration: April 1, 2018 - April 22, 2018
12/12

Recurring Items:
The Expatriates by Janice Y K Lee
COMPLETED 04/09/2018

Another One Bites the Crust by Ellie Alexander
Ellie stars with E
COMPLETED 04/18/2018

Emmy Adler
COMPLETED 04/03/2018

COMPLETED 04/05/2018
Uncle Ebeneezer Balfour, Esq., of Shaws

84, Charing Cross Road by Helene Hanff
England
COMPLETED 04/19/2018

Hitman: The Untold Story of Johnny Martorano: Whitey Bulger's Enforcer and the Most Feared Gangster in the Underworld by Howie Carr
COMPLETED 04/21/2018
Eyes
Hitman The Untold Story of Johnny Martorano Whitey Bulger's Enforcer and the Most Feared Gangster in the Underworld by Howie Carr

7. Names Used in Songs -- Eisenhower
Pg 4 Nor had she seen any reason to update the restrooms, which she had decorated herself during the Eisenhower years.
---Eisenhower's name is in Billy Joel's We Didn't Start the Fire.
COMPLETED 04/06/2018

8. School Subjects -- English
Pg 7 In the room next door to the kitchen, where he suffered me to go, I found a great number of books, both Latin and English , in which I took great pleasure all the afternoon.
COMPLETED 04/05/0218

9. Things Found in a Desk -- envelopes
Pg 269 "On the left were a few still-sealed envelopes - the power bill. the water bill."
COMPLETED 04/02/2018

10. Ways to Kill Time exploring
A Killer Kebab by Susasannah Hardy
Pg 103 Yes, if you don't mind, I may just do a bit of exploring of the castle after lunch." I smiled.
COMPLETED 04/06/2018

11. Things You Replace -- engine
Pg. 62 My breath came out in a frosty whoosh a I placed my bags in the car, then raced around to the driver's side to turn on the engine and let it warm up.
--With proper maintenance a car engine can need replacing at between 150,000 miles and 350,000 miles.
COMPLETED 04/06/2018

12. Vacation Spots -- Elba
Pg 3 Unfortunately for the Little Corporal, his supporters were never able to spring him from Elba or St. Helena.
--Elba is a European resort island off the coast of Tuscany, Italy. (It was also where Napolean was exiled in 1814.)
COMPLETED 04/06/2018

message 32: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Anne!

message 33: by Joann (new)

Joann | 1286 comments completed: 12 /12

Recurring Items:
1. Book Title Eleanor Oliphant Is Completely Fine - Gail Honeyman - 4/16/18
2. Author EMILY
Mrs. Jeffries Reveals Her Art - Emily Brightwell - 4/4/18
3. Main Character Eleanor
4. Secondary Character (first or last name)Esme
5. Place/Setting Elmsleigh, England
6. Item on cover ELK
Death of a Macho Man A Hamish MacBeth Mystery by M.C. Beaton - M.C. Beaton - 4/8/18

7. Names Used in Songs Eleanor (Eleanor Rigby)
8. School Subjects ENGLISH p. 153 “Daddy, that’s not even ENGLISH.”
Quiet Killing - James Morgan 4/8/18
9. Things Found in a Desk ENVELOPE ebook loc 4188 “He pulled a large brown ENVELOPE off a stack.”
10. Ways to Kill Time ERRANDS ebook loc 1568 “... to run ERRANDS around town.”
11. Things You Replace EGGS “...and all the EGGS and butter…”
The Good People - Hannah Kent - 4/24/18
12. Vacation Spots Europe p. 89 "...make it across EUROPE."

message 34: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Joann!

message 35: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cynx) | 408 comments ♦April Scattergories - description
Duration: 4.1.2018 - 4.30.2018

-Recurring Items: 6/6
Book Title: Even the Score by Kate Meader 4.17.2018
Author: Erin McCarthy True 4.15.2018
Main Character: Elliot Winter Stolen by Shiloh Walker 4.13.2018
Secondary Character: Ethel Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins 4.4.2018
Place/Setting: Earth's End Stolen by Shiloh Walker 4.13.2018
Item on cover: envelope 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1) by Maureen Johnson 4.24.2018

-And the Specials for April are: 6/6
Names Used in Songs: Elliot - "She was in there talking to Elliot." (page 12) Stolen by Shiloh Walker 4.13.2018 (Elliot by Jeffrey Gaines)
School Subjects: English - "Damn my English professor for making me read that book!"
(page 218)
Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins 4.4.2018
Things Found in a Desk: envelope - "...given Woody a plain white envelope that he was supposed to deliver to..." (loc 1295) Welcome to Last Chance by Hope Ramsay 4.6.2018
Ways to Kill Time: eating - "Digger and I could have lots of fun together, eating Ben & Jerry's and cheese curls and Hershey's bar. (page 123) Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins 4.4.2018
Things You Replace: equipment - "...the hospital people would come reclaim the cardiac monitor and X-ray equipment." (page 287) Fools Rush In by Kristan Higgins 4.4.2018
Vacation Spots: Europe - "She’s in Europe for one of the big conferences she attends every year." (page 194) Stolen by Shiloh Walker 4.13.2018

Completed!!

message 36: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Cindy!

message 37: by JoAnne (new)

FINISHED
April Scattergories - Letter E
12/12

Recurring Items:

1. Book Title: The Earl's Defiant Wallflower Erica Ridley 4/8/18
2. Author: Erica Ridley The Earl's Defiant Wallflower 4/8/18
3. Main Character: Eve Wilson I Can See You Karen Rose 4/25/18
4. Secondary Character: Esme Esera Rock Hard Nalini Singh 4/5/18
5. Place: England The Earl's Defiant Wallflower Erica Ridley 4/8/18
6. Item on cover: Eye I Can See You (Romantic Suspense, #10; Minneapolis, #1) by Karen Rose I Can See You Karen Rose 4/25/18

7. Names Used in Songs: Eric (A Song for Eric by Tori Amos) The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18 p 27 My friend Eric and I went in on the stand together.

8. School Subjects: English Marriage Games C.D. Reiss 4/1/18 Loc 538 No word in the English language could describe how ....

9. Things Found in a Desk: Envelope Marriage Games C.D. Reiss 4/1/18 Loc 3784 ... odd-shaped envelope?

10. Ways to Kill Time: Exploring The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18 p 42 ...we were exhausted from all of our exploring, ...

11. Things You Replace: Employees, Equipment The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18 p 27 ... expanded into a landscaping business with employees, equipment and clients.

12. Vacation Spots: Europe The Magnolia Story Chip Gaines Joanna Gaines 4/2/18 p 30 Ricky and his wife made a hobby of importing antiques from Europe.   

message 38: by Brigia (new)

Brigia Finished!
April Scattergories

Recurring Items:
1. Book Title: ePistols at Dawn (04/15)
2. Author: The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern (04/08)
3. Main Character: Ethan in Aidan and Ethan (04/20)
4. Secondary Character: Evelyn Hardcastle in The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (04/04)
5. Place/Setting: England in In for a Penny (04/14)
6. Item on cover: Ear: In for a Penny by Rose Lerner (04/14)

7. Names Used in Songs: EVELYN “We walk side by side with Evelyn a couple of paces behind…” p 490 in The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (04/04)
8. School Subjects: ENGLISH “…she speaks fluent German, though they have only written each other in English.” P 180 The Night Circus (04/08)
9. Things Found in a Desk: ENVELOPE “…this is the first envelope addressed to him…” p 9 The Night Circus (04/08)
10. Ways to Kill Time: EMBROIDERY “Her gown is…covered in what to Bailey looks like looping black embroidery…” p 239 The Night Circus (04/08)
11. Things You Replace: EMBROIDERED PILLOWS “He picked up an embroidered pillow from one of the chairs…” p 408 in The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (04/04)
12. Vacation Spots: ENGLAND “Most of them have been with me from England…” loc. 1614 Untie My Heart (04/28)

message 39: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Brigia!

message 40: by Rina (new)

Rina | 1084 comments Finished!

April Scattergories

Recurring Items:
Etwas endet, etwas beginnt: Erzählungen, Andrzej Sapkowski, 14.04.2018

Air Awakens, Elise Kova, 08.04.2018

Edward Clark - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018

Eskel - Etwas endet, etwas beginnt: Erzählungen, Andrzej Sapkowski, 14.04.2018

England - Blue Monday, Nicci French, 01.04.2018

Earring - The Gathering, Kelley Armstrong, 28.04.2018
The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong

7. Names Used in Songs
Emily - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "Her newspaper featured pieces from female thinkers like Emily Davies and Josephine Butler.", p. 45

8. School Subjects
English - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "Nine years living on the Continent, scarcely speaking English at all, had changed the natural cadences of his speech.", p. 126

Envelope - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "She held out an envelope and a brightly wrapped package.", p. 85

10. Ways to Kill Time
Eating - The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "and now she was sitting on the floor with the duke and duchess, eating burned bread and dripping cheese.", p. 260

11. Things You Replace
Engine - Daffodils, Alex Martin, 24.04.2018 -"Katy carefully poured oil into the engine of the ambulance she was working on", p. 276

12. Vacation Spots
England -The Suffragette Scandal, Courtney Milan, 03.04.2018 - "Now he remembered why he hated England.", p. 8

message 41: by JoAnne (new)

WOOHOO Rina!