What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The House of Many Rooms (Doorways, #1)
This topic is about The House of Many Rooms
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA/Fantasy Book that featured a world that generated rooms and a princess who travelled between worlds using string. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Natsukie (new) - added it

Natsukie (bookscoffeebeer) | 3 comments Hi, I've been searching for this book for years.

I think I read it between 1999-2003. I'm fairly sure it was (nominally) set in Australia. I remember it started with a teen male character who's father disappears, or at least an FBI like group comes to take him away or try and get the teenager.

He meets a princess who's traveling with other young people. I remember they're on the run and she's maybe been kicked out of her world? She has the power to travel between worlds using some sort of "string" that she finds?

I remember there is a world that makes worlds, which might be her home? I have the feeling there was a central room that had ripples and each time a ripple would meet the edge, thats when a world was generated.

If anyone has any clue, that'd be highly appreciated. Thank you!

message 2: by Samemtbasic (new)

Samemtbasic | 4 comments Is it Princess Nevermore?

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 33251 comments Mod
Princess Nevermore by Dian Curtis Regan - Samemtbasic's suggestion

message 4: by Natsukie (new) - added it

Natsukie (bookscoffeebeer) | 3 comments Thanks for the suggestion, Samemtbasic, but I don't think its that book. I don't remember anything medieval and the book is mostly (or entirely) from the boy character's perspective. From memory it's set in contemporary times.

message 5: by Annamariah (last edited Apr 16, 2018 04:02AM) (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments While I was trying to find a certain book request, I stumbled upon another topic where someone was looking for a book in which a princess travelled between worlds by using threads, which reminded me of your post.

Is The House of Many Rooms by Michael Pryor your book? It was published in 1998, the author is Australian, and the plot seems to be more or less what you described.

message 6: by Natsukie (new) - added it

Natsukie (bookscoffeebeer) | 3 comments Annamariah wrote: "While I was trying to find a certain book request, I stumbled upon another topic where someone was looking for a book in which a princess travelled between worlds by using threads, which reminded m..."

Oh wow yes I think that's it! Thank you!! Irritating that it's alluded me for so long considering the title...

message 7: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments You're welcome :)