The Consumption of Magic (Tales From Verania, #3) The Consumption of Magic discussion

BR Karen, Josy and Christelle

Comments Showing 1-50 of 339 (339 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

Christelle Yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Finally, the wait is over (TJ Klune knows how to build the momentum, LOL).

Ahhh, I still remember when Josy pushed me reading "TLSH" : I was like "what ??? Me going for a story with a unicorn ??? No way". How wrong I was, LOL.

So, let's get ready to meet again all these so OTT but oh so great characters :-)

Josy YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!
God, how long have I been waiting to read this book with you :)

Christelle, I'm so very happy that you let yourself be pressured into starting this series and that you actually enjoyed it so far, lol!!

Now, to get us into the right mood, here is a (totally crazy, ROFL) summary of the first and second book and a glimpse of what is waiting for us in book 3. Have fun ;)
http://therandommistress.tumblr.com/p...

Josy Karen, in case you missed this in our emails, we were planning to start tomorrow around 7 PM / 11 AM :)

Christelle Josy wrote: "YAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!
God, how long have I been waiting to read this book with you :)

Christelle, I'm so very happy that you let yourself be pressured into starting this series and that you actually e..."

I'm the 1st surprised, hohoho !!! It's an anomaly for me, but one that I fully embrace :-)

Christelle **waving hello**
I hope you all had a good day.
I've stopped my on-line training and am sooooo ready to get into something much more fun :-)
Let me know when you're ready, ladies !!!

Josy Sorry, sorry!!!
I just finished Destiny a minute ago but I'm ready now to continue with Consumption :)

I hope you are all fine and had a good day so far!!

God, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christelle Josy wrote: "Sorry, sorry!!!
I just finished Destiny a minute ago but I'm ready now to continue with Consumption :)

I hope you are all fine and had a good day so far!!

God, I'm so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Hello, Josy.
How was your day ? What about your cold ?
Gosh, you're doing a real binge-reading, LOL !!

Karen doesn't seem to be online yet. Let's wait :-)

message 8: by Josy (last edited Mar 29, 2018 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy I'm fine and my day was good! Thank you for asking :)
Just a tiny bit of coughing left.

How about you? I hope you had a good day as well!

LOL!! Yes, I thought I would finish Destiny earlier but work was really busy today and I didn't have as much time as I thought I'd have. It was good to listen to Destiny again and I'm ready (read: so not ready!!!!!) for the next book, lol!!

Of course we can wait for Karen a bit longer. Gives me time to eat dinner :)

Karen Ladies...my life sucks muffins. Roy and I are working on finding a place to live and he refuses to do this without me...mmmm...I wonder if it's maybe because he's smart. Please go ahead and start if I can join you later I will. I'm sorry. It's just all getting so crazy here. I know it's going to be worth it but for now my life is not my own. I promise I'll at least try and pop in from time to time and stalk you as any good friend would do...I'm sorry :(

Christelle Hello Karen,

That's the best reason ever !!! And I guess the next few weeks will be very busy for you, but it's so exciting :-)
So, no need to be sorry, quite the contrary !!

message 11: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Karen wrote: "Ladies...my life sucks muffins. Roy and I are working on finding a place to live and he refuses to do this without me...mmmm...I wonder if it's maybe because he's smart. Please go ahead and start i..."

AHHHH!!! The best excuse ever to miss a BR, lol!! Don't worry about it! Just make sure you both find the most perfect place ever and I'll be more than happy :)

Christelle, I'm still eating dinner but we can start. I will come back here when I'm done eating, okay?

Christelle That's OK for me, Josy. Enjoy your dinner. I'm not going anywhere and you just have to let me know when you're ready to relax and read :-)

message 13: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "That's OK for me, Josy. Enjoy your dinner. I'm not going anywhere and you just have to let me know when you're ready to relax and read :-)"

But you can start reading, okay?! I already have read the first two pages, lol!

message 14: by Simone (new)

Simone Hey girls!

Just stopping by to send you virtual hugs and lots of positive vibes! 😘😘😘

Karen, I'm sure you'll find something amazing together!!!!

I'm going back now to my leaking faucets and lemon tree branches. 😎

Have fun, ladies! ❤

message 15: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "Hey girls!

I'm going back now to my leaking faucets and lemon..."

Thanks, Simone! I'm sure hugs and positive vibes will be needed :)

Have fun with your book, too!! Did it get better yet?

Karen Oh no!!! Simone not the leaking faucets and lemon tree branches...seriously those are things that should NEVER, EVER be in a sentence involving the male anatomy.

Have an awesome buddy read my friends I promise I'll pop in from time to time to see how life is going for Sam and the gang.

Christelle Hello, Simone,
Argh, it seems that September is not your best read :-( But at least, I'm having a bit of fun with your updates ;) Well, I hope it will get better for you !!

OK, Josy, I'm starting, yeah !!!!!

message 18: by Simone (new)

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "Hey girls!

I'm going back now to my leaking fa..."

You are welcome! 😊😘
I can't say, I'm just about to start again after my last update. 😊

message 19: by Simone (new)

Simone Karen wrote: "Oh no!!! Simone not the leaking faucets and lemon tree branches...seriously those are things that should NEVER, EVER be in a sentence involving the male anatomy.

Have an awesome buddy read my frie..."

Totally agree with you!!! Like never ever! 🙈

message 20: by Simone (last edited Mar 29, 2018 11:06AM) (new)

Simone Christelle wrote: "Hello, Simone,
Argh, it seems that September is not your best read :-( But at least, I'm having a bit of fun with your updates ;) Well, I hope it will get better for you !!

OK, Josy, I'm starting,..."

Well, I don't think it will be a 5-star-read unless it makes a one-eighty like Downtime *lol*, but it's not that bad either. Right about now I'm tending to 3 or 4 stars, but I still have 75% to read. 😊

message 21: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Simone wrote: "Well, I don't think it will be a 5-star-read unless it makes an one-eighty like Downtime *lol*, but it's not that bad either. Right about now I'm tending to 3 or 4 stars, but I still have 75% to read. 😊.."

It will get better!!! I'm 99% sure of that :)

message 22: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Karen wrote: "Have an awesome buddy read my friends I promise I'll pop in from time to time to see how life is going for Sam and the gang...."

Thank you, Karen!!
Have fun!! God, that's sooo exciting and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!

message 23: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "OK, Josy, I'm starting, yeah !!!!! ..."

I'm 3% into the book, still in the Prologue :)

Karen Simone wrote: "Karen wrote: "Oh no!!! Simone not the leaking faucets and lemon tree branches...seriously those are things that should NEVER, EVER be in a sentence involving the male anatomy.

Have an awesome budd..."

Yep, time to get out the brain bleach.

message 25: by Simone (new)

Simone Josy wrote: "Simone wrote: "Well, I don't think it will be a 5-star-read unless it makes an one-eighty like Downtime *lol*, but it's not that bad either. Right about now I'm tending to 3 or 4 stars, but I still..."

I hope you are right. 😊😘

message 26: by Simone (new)

Simone Karen wrote: "Simone wrote: "Karen wrote: "Oh no!!! Simone not the leaking faucets and lemon tree branches...seriously those are things that should NEVER, EVER be in a sentence involving the male anatomy.

Have ..."

LOL. The biggest bottle we can find. 😊

message 27: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Damn it! I think I need those hugs already. When just reading the prologue makes me cry, I don't even want to know what will happen throughout the rest of the book.

message 28: by Simone (new)

Simone Josy wrote: "Damn it! I think I need those hugs already. When just reading the prologue makes me cry, I don't even want to know what will happen throughout the rest of the book."

Hug comes right away...

message 29: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Awww!!! Thank you so much, Simone!! I'm feeling better already :)

Look how cute they are!!!!!!

message 30: by Simone (new)

Simone Josy wrote: "Awww!!! Thank you so much, Simone!! I'm feeling better already :)

Look how cute they are!!!!!!"

😘😘😘

Christelle Josy wrote: "Damn it! I think I need those hugs already. When just reading the prologue makes me cry, I don't even want to know what will happen throughout the rest of the book."

Just finished the prologue. And I DO want to know what's going to happen. This prologue is the best to get reacquainted with Sam, his wit and his big heart :-)

message 32: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy TJ is really setting the tone and mood for this book with the prologue and (the beginning) of the first chapter. I swear to God that if he's doing what I think he will do (because it was hinted at more than enough now), I will curse him forever!!!!!!!! This is so not good :(

But yes, the prologue was great to get back into the story (although I didn't need that because I just finished Destiny, lol!) Also, he's great a recapping the end of Destiny in this first chapter without making it boring or making it seem out of place.

Christelle Well, Josy, I have a very, very bad feeling that what you think TJ thinks might be right...but with a twist to set things right !!!!

message 34: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy ~sigh~ I know, right? I predicted it when reading Destiny for the first time but now I'm more sure than ever before. It's going to suck big times no matter what twist he will think of. I actually think I know what the twist will be but that still doesn't make me feel better about all of this.

Christelle Brace yourself, Josy and enjoy the banter right now : as Ryan pointed out, whether Gary and Kevin are together, we are doomed, LOL !!

message 36: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy LOL!! I'm trying to :) I'm a tiny bit ahead of you but not by much. Maybe a page or so. So many feels right now ~happy sigh~

message 37: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Phew! Chapter 1 is done. TJ is awesome at keeping the balance between breaking my heart and making me snort-laugh so I hope it won't hurt for too long and he will make me chuckle through my tears when the time comes, lol!

I'm starting chapter 2 now :)

Christelle Josy wrote: "Phew! Chapter 1 is done. TJ is awesome at keeping the balance between breaking my heart and making me snort-laugh so I hope it won't hurt for too long and he will make me chuckle through my tears w..."

You said it well, Josy, so well !! I am starting chapter 2 right now :-)

message 39: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Hahaha!!! I love the word "voluntold"!

Christelle I am at 10% and dread to learn why people are so mad at Sam :-(

message 41: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Wow! Lady Tina (that bitch!) has quite a reach. This is like people being brainwashed or something.

I'm done with chapter 2. Do you want to read another chapter tonight?

message 42: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Also, I love the chapter titles!

Christelle It's all up to you, Josy. You have to work tomorrow, so you choose. It seems chapter 3 lasts 22 minutes, so I'm up for it :-)

Christelle Josy wrote: "Also, I love the chapter titles!"

Same here. Only 10% and I'm totally into this. But there's a dark side as well, hew !!!

message 45: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "It's all up to you, Josy. You have to work tomorrow, so you choose. It seems chapter 3 lasts 22 minutes, so I'm up for it :-)"

Hey, it's the Easter Weekend so it's a holiday tomorrow :) I'm good for a little while longer!!
How can you say how many minutes a chapter is going to be??

message 46: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Christelle wrote: "Josy wrote: "Also, I love the chapter titles!"

Same here. Only 10% and I'm totally into this. But there's a dark side as well, hew !!!"

Yes, that damned dark side that scares the shit out of me! But I still love it!

Christelle Josy wrote: "Christelle wrote: "It's all up to you, Josy. You have to work tomorrow, so you choose. It seems chapter 3 lasts 22 minutes, so I'm up for it :-)"

Hey, it's the Easter Weekend so it's a holiday tom..."

So, you're not working tomorrow ? That's great !!!
And on my kindle, it gives the remaining reading time on a chapter and on the book as well as the %

message 48: by Josy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Josy Nope :) I don't have to be back at work until Tuesday :)

Ah yes! I totally forgot about that, lol! When we BR, I read on my computer and there, this option is not available.

Christelle LOL : I had forgotten about the capitalization ;)

Christelle Shoot. If I had known you were not working, I wouldn't have so many appointments :-( I'm going to the hairdresser in the morning, then have lunch with my best friend, then a coffee with a friend. Won't be back before 5PM I guess :-(

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7